PDA

View Full Version : Which Epcot restaurant do you recommend?

the other micki
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Trying to decide between Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, and Marrakesh... We've eaten at the first 2 and enjoyed both. It's been a few years since Coral Reef, however. Please help us decide! Thanks!

Itchy
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
We enjoy Teppan Edo and will be eating there this Sept.

We also enjoy Corral Reef which we will be visiting again the end of this month.

For the floor show and food quality it is Teppan Edo. As for Corral Reef it has its own plus's , watching the fish and divers has kind of its own calming effect after a busy day in the park.

Either way enjoy...:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
All 3 are very good. Coral Reef lately has probably become my least favorite of the three. Just don't really like the direction they've gone with their seasonings and menu selections. But, that's a reflection of personal taste. I'm not a big fan of Thai, Indian sort of cuisine and that's how a lot of Coral Reef seasoning is done now.

Teppan Edo is a lot of fun, with good food, but it's the least unique of the three. I'm sure there's a Japanese steakhouse near you and I haven't noticed most of the chefs at Teppan Edo being that much higher quality than the local habachi chefs. Even the show seems similar. Again, not saying I don't like it, but that I can see something similar any time I want at home.

So, between those three I choose Marrakesh. The food selection and atmosphere is the most unique of the three and the quality is excellent, both in terms of the food and the entertainment (musicians and belly dancer).

Crow
05-10-2012, 02:07 PM
CR food didnt impress me . nice fish tank
Teppan Edo has been a while as I usually eat at Tokyo Dining which has excellent service.
Marrakesh 3 yrs ago wasnt as good. on a previous trip I had had a great meal there.
So I would go with Teppan Edo as I love the Japan pavilion.
2nd choice would b Marrakesh

dizneydeb22
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
We love Teppan Edo! It's like dinner and a show if you get a good chef. We have never been disappointed! We are going again in August.

andypooh
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
teppan edo for sure

Quadstriker
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Marrakesh just doesn't do it for me. Great theming! I just don't care for the food. Other people do. To each his own.

I love Teppan Edo and Coral Reef. Two great meals there.

Food at Coral Reef was very good when we were there. We'll go again.

Teppan Edo = Japanese Steakhouse = you get your meal prepared in front of you. Tables are of 8 people I think, regardless of the size of your party. So you'll be sharing a table with others. (Never been a problem in my experience.) Last time we were there we ordered a bottle of Plum wine and our server suggested getting a sprite to go along with it to make a popular spritzer drink. We did so and at the end of the night the manager ended up at our table congratulating us on our choice. In terms of value for your dollar I think Teppan Edo is the most entertaining meal at Disney. However, Stormchaser up there has a point about it being similar to other Japanese steakhouses. It's not truly unique.

ANG
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I vote Coral Reef

Tigerinvestigator
05-11-2012, 11:08 AM
We love all three and I don't think you would really be disappointed with any of the three. We have really enjoyed Coral Reef the last three trips. To us the food has gotten better lately and it has once again become a must do for us. My second choice (but DW's first choice) would be Marrakesh. The food is good and different from anywhere else at WDW. I prefer it for lunch as they usually have a great lunch special and it is less formal. Teppan Edo is also very good and we really enjoyed it last year. It is so similar to some of the local Japanese steakhouses that it really isn't a special experience for us but still very good and very nice!:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
05-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I would choose Coral Reef for the view alone!!!:mickey:

disneydeb
05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo, but between the other two, I would choose Coral Reef for sure. We felt neglected by the wait staff at Marakesh, and the food was not to our liking.

SandmanGStefani24
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Teppan Edo has been a while as I usually eat at Tokyo Dining which has excellent service.

Agreed! Tokyo Dining is amazing!

ftwildernesskid
05-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Teppan Edo was a hit for our whole family when we went last year. I would definitely go again!

JerseyDad
05-12-2012, 10:27 AM
...Teppan Edo is a favorite of ours, and as such is on our ADR list for every trip. We've been dining there since 2004 (every trip)...and it's been a great experience each time (even when it was called Teppanyaki Dining...prior to the re-furb and re-name) This year it's going to be our dinner spot on the last night we're at WDW (Sept 2).

ThanxForNoticin
05-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Teppan Edo - excellent. Marakesh also very good. Coral Reef - a couple bad experiences there have us not going back.

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2012, 01:28 AM
I recommend Marrakesh. My friends and I find ourselves there at least once each trip. Love the food (Lamb...yum!) The music, dancing, and environment is lovely. The combo meals are a good value for your money.

AllDisney
05-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Another vote for Coral Reef. We love watching the fish tank and everyone in it. We've got reservations for our upcoming trip and can't wait.
We have been very happy with our experiences there:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I voted Teppen Edo... cannot wait to eat there again in Sept! :mickey:

Didn't care for Coral Reef at all.. the atmosphere is nice but the food wasn't great. Haven't been to Marrakesh so I cannot comment on that.

azcavalier
05-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Our first trip to Coral Reed, years ago, was great. We've been going there because of that ever since. However, they changed the menu, and the service has been merely average.

Teppan Edo is still delicious.

Been to Marrakesh once, and it was OK. We actually prefer the Tangierine Cafe to Marrakesh.

darthmacho
05-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm way in the minority, but among these choices, I'm partial to Marrakesh.