PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge - Club Level

Imalismom
05-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I just returned from a quick weekend trip to WDW, and was able to have one of the newly renovated club level rooms (North Wing).

As you walk into the rooms now, the entry way has laminated floors that are a nice walnut color. Once you leave the entry way, you have new carpeting on the floor.

The ceilings have been dropped and no longer have the popcorn effect.

The beds no longer have the bedspreads, but now have the duvet cover effect. There is a nice white comforter nestled in-between two white sheets, and has the luggage protector strip at the end of the bed (my DD calls it a bed shawl). The headboards now have a nice leather padding. There is also a nice plump pillow on the bed with thumper on it (red pillow). We also had brand new feather pillows.

The curtains on the balcony have been changed also, along with the chairs at the small table being reupholstered.

The mirror on the bathroom door now has a new frame.

The TV now pulls out and swivels so that you can see it from any angle.

The biggest change is with the shower area. New tiles are on the wall, which matches the wooden pattern on the floor, but a nice dark yellow color. The tiles now have 4 larger tiles with WDW characters (one single character per tile) on them. A new rain shower showerhead, new shower curtains also.

I have pictures that I will be giving John so we can update the accommodations pages soon.

Looking forward to I-cot 15 so I can be back into the new rooms again.

Just a note - all floors will be renovated, I'll try to update this as floors are finished.

wildernesslady
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Sounds like a great update. I can't wait to go home.

BrerGnat
05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Sounds nice! Finally on the duvets!

We stayed at WL in 2007 (after the last refurb) and I thought the popcorn ceilings had already been gone by that point. Also, the beds were new with the leather headboards with wood carved animals on the posts. I love those headboards!

I can't wait to see pictures! We have been staying in the Epcot area the past few trips, but last trip, we visited WL to have lunch and I got SO "homesick." :mickey: Really want to stay here next time...

floridamom
05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the update- everything sounds nice. We've been to WL the past two winters, but were thinking of switching things up this time. Maybe not!

Imalismom
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Sounds nice! <snip> Also, the beds were new with the leather headboards with wood carved animals on the posts. I love those headboards!
<snip>..

They took out the brown leather padding on the headboards and are replacing them with red leather padding to match the thumper pillow. Everything else stayed the same on the headboards.