PDA

View Full Version : Ohanas menu help

free_money
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm wanting to eat at ohanas on my next trip to the world and was wondering about the menu. I looked at menus online but wasnt sure how it worked. Do you get to pick one appetizer and one entree and get all you can eat of that item? Or do you get to eat as much as you want of every item? Someone please enlighten me.

ElenitaB
05-09-2012, 08:42 PM
You receive a variety of appetizers and salad served family style to the table. You can also request more of any of the items. Side dishes (steamed veggies and noodles) are also served family style. The meats are served "Brazilian style," i.e., they are brought around on large skewers and you pick and chose what you want .... to your heart's content. And then dessert is also served family style.

Hope that helps.

Keneva
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
It's a shame that they even offer salad and appetizers before the MEAT comes around. If I had known that the MEAT was so good I would have passed on the filler food and saved more room for the MEAT and desert. Did I mention the Shrimp that is served witht the MEAT? It was good....

phlo8810
05-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Love IT! Everything there is great. The chicken wing appetizer is spectacular.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
It's a shame that they even offer salad and appetizers before the MEAT comes around. If I had known that the MEAT was so good I would have passed on the filler food and saved more room for the MEAT and desert. Did I mention the Shrimp that is served witht the MEAT? It was good....

:high5: Yep--we feel the same way!

Fastpasssteve
05-10-2012, 01:39 AM
I try to hold off on the appetizers that come, but I can't say 'no' to those wontons or dumplings...whatever they are, they're delicious.

I'm also a big fan of the grilled pork. I believe they use some special dry rub...perhaps with five spice power in it. Delicious. MEAT! That is all.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
The dumplings are awesome and the dipping sauces, don't even get me started...all of it is good

Wolf
05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
My goodness those chicken wings....*drool* I can't even remember what I was supposed to be answering on this question, I've completely zoned out into dreaming about them lol!!! They bring appetizers but i think they are just for show, I don't think we have ever touched them, I wish I could tell the servers to not bring anything except the salad and meat...lol

ledudes
05-10-2012, 10:13 AM
It is all delicious, and I always fill up before the meat even arrives. They serve awesome pineapple or coconut bread or something like that...fabulous salad, noodles, pan fried dumplings with delicious sauces, perfect chicken wings (and I normally hate chicken wings) then broccoli and I believe the meats are shrimp, pork, chicken, and beef on skewers. It is all family style and you can have all you want. You don't order off the menu here, it all just comes to you and you eat what you like. Top this off with a huge yummy bread pudding with mounds of ice cream on it and on the side for the kids. It is so great we never miss it. So to answer your question, it is all you can eat of all of these items and they are all yummy.

Tigerinvestigator
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I try to hold off on the appetizers that come, but I can't say 'no' to those wontons or dumplings...whatever they are, they're delicious.

YEP THE POTSTICKERS!!!! I get full on them before the meat comes around. Dip them in the peanut sauce and it is amazing.......is it lunch time yet?

BrerGnat
05-10-2012, 01:09 PM
FYI, you CAN ask the waiter to only bring the items you like. We always ask for extra salad and veggies. We say no to the bread and noodles. And, no shrimp!

dizneydeb22
05-10-2012, 02:54 PM
FYI, you CAN ask the waiter to only bring the items you like. We always ask for extra salad and veggies. We say no to the bread and noodles. And, no shrimp!

Thanks for that tip. We go to O'Hana on every trip and we had no idea!

:thanks:

mom2morgan
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM

LOL - am I married to you? My husband's idea of dessert is more MEAT!

free_money
05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the quick responses!! It sounds great and I look forward to the dessert also

BrerGnat
05-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Thank you for the quick responses!! It sounds great and I look forward to the dessert also

My sister once asked for some extra Bananas Foster Caramel Sauce. They brought her a little pitcher of it. She proceeded to eat it with a spoon, straight up. It was hilarious. She had had too many Lapu Lapus...;)

Wolf
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
LOL - am I married to you? My husband's idea of dessert is more MEAT!

LOL My Mom laughs at me because I don't even touch the desert (Which works because she loves it) and I just ask for more chicken wings!