PDA

View Full Version : Transferring points and awesome member services

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I have recently been planning a somewhat last minute short trip in June. I only had 71 points available and wanted a 1BR somewhere since we are taking DD16 and her friend, also 16 and didn't want to all sleep in the same room. Since it was the last Star Wars Weekend and the beginning of summer vacation for lots of schools there was not much available. We did find all 3 of our preferred nights open at SSR for 93 points. OK...so I could buy an extra one time allotment of 22 points from Disney to complete this transaction, however on a whim, I booked 2 nights at BWV with 70 of my 71 points, and posted to a rent/trade board that I would really like 35 points for trade or rent for one additional night at BWV and thought maybe I'd get lucky. After all, I could always change to SSR. Very quickly, I was contacted by a great new friend ;) who was actually able to transfer the 35 points to my member number. It was very quick and easy, but by the time we'd completed the transaction, the one night at BWV was gone :(. I called member services to waitlist for that one night and in the middle of the process the CM asked me to please hold while she contacted the resort directly. Lo and behold....she got us the additional night! We are now headed to the BWV for 3 nights in early June. Mom, Dad, DD16 and her friend who has NEVER been to Disney. It is so exciting, I just had to share. :thumbsup:

LVT
05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
That is fun news. I appreciate good service news.

GAN
05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Very Cool...

tjstrike
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
That's awesome !! :number1:

laprana
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
That's great! I love hearing stories about when MS comes through like that! :thumbsup: I hope you have a great trip!! :mickey: