PDA

View Full Version : When will Test Track be open?

the other micki
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm reading on the boards that Test Track is currently closed. When will it be operating again?

TIA!

Stitch2365
05-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Late fall, according to the Disney Parks Blog.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Test Track is expected to reopen December 1, 2012...

the other micki
05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Test Track is expected to reopen December 1, 2012...

Phew!:whew: I hope so! We're planning a trip in December. My kids would really miss Test Track!

ginger19
05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I had better prepare my kids now so there isn't a meltdown when we get there on nov 16!

Cjsmom1811
05-11-2012, 08:17 AM
DECEMBER?! Geeze! I work right next to it and I have not hear that! WOW!!!!! :jaw::eyes:

shadowden
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
That's disappointing.

Even with moving our trip from June to Sept, we're still going to miss out on it...

Davy Crockett
05-14-2012, 12:27 PM
My DD is going to be soooo disappointed when we get there at the end of the month. It's one of her favorite rides. We normally ride it at least 5 or 6 times while we are there. At 7 I don't know how she's going to take it....

brownie
05-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Phew!:whew: I hope so! We're planning a trip in December. My kids would really miss Test Track!

That December 1 date could change, so I wouldn't get any hopes up right now that it will be open when you go. It could open earlier or it could take longer.

henrylarry6
05-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Yeah it’s really disappointing.

Goes4FastPass
05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Have we heard ANYTHING about any changes they plan to make to the actual Test Track ride?

This sure seems like a LONG refurb closing just to update the GM walk through after the ride.

And no, I don't want to "design my own car" at a GM kiosk.

SandmanGStefani24
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM
This sure seems like a LONG refurb closing just to update the GM walk through after the ride.

And no, I don't want to "design my own car" at a GM kiosk.

Agreed!!!:number1:

I just wanna go fast! Give us back our track!
:D

texas211
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
My DD is going to be soooo disappointed when we get there at the end of the month. It's one of her favorite rides. We normally ride it at least 5 or 6 times while we are there. At 7 I don't know how she's going to take it....

Well, i'm over 7 and didn't take it well.. My trip earlier this month, no TT and no Thunder Mountain.

faline
05-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Actually, I'm a bit concerned about what Test Track will look like when it reopens. This is what the Guidemap I picked up last week has to say:

Test Track We're gearing up for an exciting re-imagined Test Track! When complete, you can design your own custom concept car, then buckle into your "SimCar" and put your design through its paces on the exhilirating hills and switchbacks of the Test Track circuit.

This sounds a lot like a simulator ride rather than a real ride.

Jared
05-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually, I'm a bit concerned about what Test Track will look like when it reopens. This is what the Guidemap I picked up last week has to say:

Test Track will remain a ride-through attraction. You don't have to worry. In fact, the physical track is remaining exactly the same -- only the show scenes will change. If you have seen some of the concept art, it's clear that the ride will look vastly different than it did a month ago.

It's worth mentioning that two rides can have identical tracks and be vastly different experiences. I don't think anybody would realize that Dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom and the Indiana Jones Adventure ride at Disneyland have the same track, but they do.

brownie
05-18-2012, 07:27 PM

From the interviews I've heard, the ride system isn't changing. It sounds like the car you design will be scored against the ride vehicle somehow.

faline
05-18-2012, 07:39 PM
From the interviews I've heard, the ride system isn't changing. It sounds like the car you design will be scored against the ride vehicle somehow.

Good to hear. As much as I enjoy a good simulator ride, I want to be sure there are still plenty of "real" rides around!