PDA

View Full Version : Just back from 8 wonderful days at Pop Century

E-OR
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Myself, adult son, and his girlfriend just got back from our first stay at Pop Century. We loved this resort. We were in a preferred room in the 60's building with a view of the river (although we could not see the river). We loved our room location, close to the food court, pool, and laundry. Room 4316 - was a really quiet room. We could hear toilets around us flushing but did not bother us too much. The grounds were beautiful, food court had a great variety of food, and the pool was awesome. All resort employees were very helpful and friendly. We had 8 days of great weather. Hot but very little himidity. The parks were not crowded and lines for rides were on the most part very short. Ate a lot of really good good; Sci Fi, Garden Grill, T-Rex, Yak and Yetis, and a lot of wonderful snack foods. (I had two Pinapple Dole Whips and my son had a Reeces Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake) Was a trip that ended to fast and we are really anxious for September for our next visit with our whole family. I also took several pictures of The Art of Animation and it looks like it is going to be a really cool resort. Plan to stay here next year.

January-2007
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much for sharing!

i'm grumpy
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
POP is our fave!

JerseyDad
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
...glad you had a great time. POP is our home-away-from-home resort...and we'll be there at the end of August.

MrPeetrie
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you for update. Glad you had a great time.

tazlikesrobots
05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Pop is a great resort! Can you walk to AOA from POP? I know there was a partial walkway, but I was wondering if that now connects the two resorts...

#1donaldfan
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I've only stayed at POP once and that was when we brought our DD down for the Disney College Internship Program !! We loved it !! The food court was great !!! We normally stay at Riverside, however we again are staying at POP this summer, so I'm glad it remains a great place to stay !! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the great review of POP! I love that place!

PopPhan
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Pop is a great resort! Can you walk to AOA from POP? I know there was a partial walkway, but I was wondering if that now connects the two resorts...

Supposedly, the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake, is (is supposed to be?) open between the two resorts.

BUT, you cannot, as far as I know, pool hop between the two.

epceddie
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
We had a good stay at Pop two years ago and we're looking forward to staying at Art of Animation in December.
Glad to hear you had a fun trip.

E-OR
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
There is a bridge that crosses over from Pop to Art of Animation but right now it is blocked with a piece of plywood. I took several pictures of the Art of Animation resort and bridge from Pop. The resort is starting to get painted and icons are being added. I think that it is going to be a really awesome resort.

Crow
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
glad you had a good trip.
I like POP also..stayed there a few times. and walked over the bridge to the other side..when it was just the unfinished beginning of the century.
Id like to stay at Art of Animation too.

Tink#64
05-10-2012, 12:07 AM
So glad to hear that you really enjoyed Pop! It's our WDW home! We can't wait to return next year & see the AoA Resort! We saw the beginnings of the work when we visited last year. I've been checking out the pics posted & even though there's no pool hopping, I'm certainly hoping that the bridge will be opened so walking between the two resorts can be enjoyed by all! :thumbsup:

Great report, I'd love a Dole Whip right about now! :papple: Sounds like you all had a truly magical trip! :mickey:

LandFan
05-10-2012, 08:50 PM
We love Pop too! It has such a great food court and gift shop...

We are really looking forward to staying at AofA at the end of this Sepember:thumbsup: I am hoping it is even better than Pop. I am so glad they added the Little Mermaid rooms to the Free Dining offer!!

squijee
05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Have mini fridges been added to the pop rooms? I heard a rumor that they were going in all value resort rooms.

disneydeb
05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
We've stayed at POP a few times and have really enjoyed it! Glad you did too!:thumbsup:

E-OR
05-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes the mini fridge was in the room when we were there. Not too big and no freezer area but we were able to put a small milk and water in, as well as a couple left overs to eat later. It was nice to have this feature as well as the WI FI in the room.

JerseyDad
05-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Supposedly, the Generation Gap Bridge, over Hourglass Lake, is (is supposed to be?) open between the two resorts.

BUT, you cannot, as far as I know, pool hop between the two.

.....I believe you're correct. I don't think pool hopping will be feasible at all....you need your key to the world to access the pool area...and if you are not a current "resident" of AoA resort...the keyed gate will not permit access.

LudwigVonDrake
05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm glad you had a good time!! :wave:

squijee
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Wi-fi free?

brownie
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Wi-fi free?

Yes, the WiFi is free.

chrisie703
05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow, glad to hear free wifi and a mini fridge:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
05-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We havent stayed in the values in a few years, but we always enjoyed the POP!