PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market at Coronado?

minnie-mouse
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me about the quality of food at PM? I have many conflicting reports of some people loving it and others completely hating it? Has anyone tried it recently? Is it anything like the food court at CBR?

cajunprincess
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
My family considers Coronado "Home". We have eaten at the pepper market more times that I can count and have had no complaints! I hope you enjoy your stay there!!!

darthmacho
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I loved it, but that was way back in 1999. I've heard a lot of poor reviews for it lately, and from various sources, but I can't vouch for them personally.

rmsongs
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
We haven't been in 3 1/2 years, so things may have changed, but my family (6 of us) loved the PM. We stayed at CSR twice and ate quite a few meals there because the variety and quality of the food was terrific. The only thing we thought was a bit odd was, although it's a cafeteria-style place, there are servers who get your drinks for you. So you get your own food, but you still wind up tipping a server. A little strange, IMHO. Also, the desserts were amazing. Like I said, we haven't been in a few years, but, if I were you, I'd at least give it a try. Even if we don't stay at CSR on our next trip, we'll definitely head over to PM. Hope this helps, and hope you have a great trip.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
We have eaten at PM about 4 times in the past year or so and have been satisfied with the food. We have not been there since the change over to the buffet.

AJ Springfield
05-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I am glad you asked about Pepper Market-- we have never been and I was wondering how people like it. I am considering stopping there for dinner next month when we are at WDW.

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
We stayed at CSR for 8 nights back in 2007. During our stay we ate at PM several times and always had excellent meals. We raved about what a great deal this place was for those on the dining plan.

Fast forward to March of 2010. We went there for lunch one day and the food was horrible. We went specifically because of how fond of it we were when we stayed there a few years before. Not sure what my husband and mother had, but I had a grilled chicken pasta that was barely edible. It was disgusting. The chicken was full of hard pieces (cartilage maybe), the pasta was over cooked and "rubbery", and the sauce was clumpy instead of creamy. My mom and DH may have had the same thing as I did, I really don't remember, but they hated their meals as well. Even my kids, who ordered off the kids menus barely ate their meals. We threw away more food than we ate.

Safe to say, as much as we loved it back in 07, I don't think we'll return for a meal. Maybe it was just an off day, but it was really, really bad.

Tigerinvestigator
05-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I think one of the reasons you get so many mixed reviews of Pepper Market is because it is so different from all of the other fast food courts at the resorts. We have NEVER had a problem with the quality of the food. It is actually better than most of the resorts imho. But the way it is set up is confusing to some people and takes a little longer and is more expensive than your average WDW Resort food court. It is kinda like a hybrid or cross between a sit down table service and counter service. The gratuity also adds to the price so it can get pretty expensive for a family of five.