PDA

View Full Version : Infant meal options similar to DL

angyl15
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
We were in DL last summer and were so pleasantly surprised to see "infant" meals for children under 3. It was a small portion of usually one of the adult entrees and it was perfect for a little one in the 1.5-3 yr old range. Does anyone know if they have plans to roll out these kinds of meals at WDW?

(ETA) These were counter service restaurants.

southerngirl
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
I wish they did, but I have never seen it. We have traveled to DW several times with our son who is about to turn 4, and he has been charged a regular child's meal price at any restaurant that doesn't offer a family-style service. At the breakfast at O'hana, they didn't charge us for him, and we just fed him out of the skillet that they brought for DH and me. At the Garden Grill, they brought him a child's platter (mac and cheese, chicken drumstick, veggies and a chocolate mousse-type dessert) but didn't charge us for it. I think that might have just been a kind server, though, so I wouldn't count on similar treatment.

BrerGnat
05-08-2012, 12:46 PM
The OP is asking about Counter Service options.

As a reminder, kids under 3 eat free at TS locations (as long as they share with parents).

I know what you are talking about OP. They don't have this yet at WDW, but I think you could probably get by with ordering an extra "side" dish at a CS location and then share the main part of the meal with your child. From what I remember at DL, most of the "infant" kids meals were really just stuff like mac and cheese, rice and chicken, pasta with sauce, etc. You could create your own "meal" by ordering a milk or juice and asking for an extra side dish.