PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy

wendybird
05-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I have read that at DHS they actually have a place to sign-up your child to participate in this experience. I see that it is at Sounds Dangerous and they suggest doing it early in the day. My question is how early? Should I go there at park opening? Is someone even there at that time to do this? Also, what time is the first Jedi show?/ We will be there at park opening and only plan to stay a few hours. I would love to get my son signed up to do this. We live in California and at Disneyland kids are just hand selected from the crowd. My son is shy and never jumps up, waves his arms, etc. to get noticed so he has not yet been selected (no matter how early we get there). :( It would just make his day to be "chosen" at DHS.

MickeysBestPal
05-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I have read that at DHS they actually have a place to sign-up your child to participate in this experience.

1- I see that it is at Sounds Dangerous and they suggest doing it early in the day.

My question is how early?

2- Should I go there at park opening? Is someone even there at that time to do this? Also,

3-what time is the first Jedi show?/

4- We will be there at park opening and only plan to stay a few hours. I would love to get my son signed up to do this.

5- We live in California and at Disneyland kids are just hand selected from the crowd. My son is shy and never jumps up, waves his arms, etc. to get noticed so he has not yet been selected (no matter how early we get there). :(

6- It would just make his day to be "chosen" at DHS.

1- It can often be there. It can also be at a couple of other locations on some days.
-Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.

2- That's highly recommended.

3- Figure 9:20AM most days.

4- To be sure, you need to arrive at the DHS about 8:30AM (or earlier) on a regular hours day and await the opening of the park (about 8:45AM, or earlier, unannounced opening time.) If it's an AM EMH day, the park will open to WDW Resort guests at 8:00AM. There will be those who head to sign-up for Jedi Training even that early, even though the first Training show won't be until 9:20AM.

5- Yes. That's the way DHS used to do the Jedi Training.

6- If you arrive early, and head to sign-ups first-thing, you'll be just fine.

REMEMBER that the child must be WITH you to be signed up.

wendybird
05-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you so much for all of that info. I will do just that and hopefully have a little jedi on my hands...Thanks, again! :yoda:

Wolf
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
*Eeyore voice* I wish I could do the Jedi Training Academy...says the 25 year old. LOL :thumbsup:

thejens
05-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I am SO glad they let you sign up in the a.m. instead of expecting little kids to just hope they are chosen later in the day after waiting in a crowd for an hour!! A big improvement!! Hate to see sweet little kids wondering why they weren't found good enough to be chosen!!

RBrooksC
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I would suggest going there at rope drop. It is first come/first served. Your child will get put in the earliest group available.

So, it may not be until mid-afternoon. Last year, we did this on the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends.

They were taking double the children and 1/2 the children fought Darth Vader and 1/2 the children, like mine, fought Darth Maul.

His time ended up being mid-afternoon so we were there, basically, all day because after the training we watched the Pixar Parade.

He loved it as did all the kids participating. And the cast members took their parts very seriously. Darth Maul did a really good job at looking mean and menacing.

Lizzie
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
That's so great that they do sign ups. It's so frustrating and disappointing for kids at Disneyland we taken our kids time after time and they never get picked.

MILWDIANA
05-09-2012, 01:14 PM
What is the maximum age for this???

MickeysBestPal
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
What is the maximum age for this???

Signs at the attraction:

"The Jedi Council welcome younglings
between ages 4 and 12 to participate."

MO-5
05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
We were just there on Monday and tried to sign up about 2 hrs after the park opened and we were put on the "alternate" list. The list they go to throughout the day when they have kids who do not show up for their assigned time. So get there as soon as you can....and yes it's in the Sounds Dangerous exit area. Small Sandwich Board sign out front.

Good Luck!

MickeysBestPal
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
...and yes it's in the Sounds Dangerous exit area.

It can often be there. It can also be at a couple of other locations on some days.
-Sign-ups will be either just past Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, or at the Sounds Dangerous entrance (even inside the Sounds Dangerous building,) or at the Jedi Stage.
Look for the sign-up area, in the order of the above, until you find it.

joanna71985
05-09-2012, 03:10 PM
More likely then not it will be at Sounds Dangerous

MickeysBestPal
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
More likely then not it will be at Sounds Dangerous

Yes.

But, the problem is, sometimes it is not.

And, it WAS at Sounds Dangerous for quite awhile before it moved to near Hollywood & Vine... then it moved back to Sounds Dangerous.

Will it stay there?
Maybe.

Remember, we're talking about Disney, here. ;)

(And, Star Wars Weekends can throw a curve in there, too.)

phlo8810
05-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I have a question. We will be there SW weekend and my kids want to do it. The older one wants to fight darth maul and the younger wants to fight vader. Can you choose who you want to fight?

RBrooksC
05-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I am not sure if it can be chosen. My son was grouped with children on the area in front of the stage, so he fought Darth Maul. The other group was on the stage and fought Darth Vader. I guess the child could ask the cast members in the hold area at Sounds Dangerous if they could fight a certain character. Asking never hurts. But, then again, it could get very confusing if the cast members had to sort children when they arrive at the show location.

Also, when we were there for Star Wars Weekends last year, the sign up was right in front of Indiana Jones. We had to wide around the queue area to get to the sign up.

joanna71985
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I have a question. We will be there SW weekend and my kids want to do it. The older one wants to fight darth maul and the younger wants to fight vader. Can you choose who you want to fight?

No unfortunately. Plus, it isn't always Maul there on the bottom. I've seen Ventriss there before (I think that's how her name is spelled).

FenwayGirl
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
My 5 year old did this last week. We got to the park before it opened. Once the gate opened we headed directly to the sign up venue near American Idol. He was lucky and got a 9:20 time slot. These slots fill up fast!