PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me If I'm Crazy...

DisneyDawgette
05-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Myself and four friends have the opportunity to go to WDW within the next year for two days. Seeing as how I'm the last one left in college, they understand and are willing to look for dates that I would not have to miss any or very little school. That being said, we have tentatively discussed going the week of Thanksgiving (that Monday and Tuesday, I believe)... But this close to Thanksgiving, I know it can get crowded...

Should we look for another date, or is early in the week of Thanksgiving not so terrible? My family used to go the week before Thanksgiving and it was never bad at all! I just wonder if that weekend makes all of the difference!

Any other good times to go that would not be terrible crowd-wise, but may also take into account less busy college time? This would exclude December, mid August and October... Thanks!

MNNHFLTX
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Any other good times to go that would not be terrible crowd-wise, but may also take into account less busy college time? This would exclude December, mid August and October... Thanks!How about early January, before school starts up again, or early-mid May after finals are done?

MarkC
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Let me address your first comment-- all of us on here are crazy. Its just the levels of crazy that are a little different.

That being said-- if you're only going for those two days it won't be too bad. Weather should be great. By Wednesday into Thursday it will be bad for the rest of the weekend. I would go and enjoy-- even go the weekend before if you can for an extra day.

ransam
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
the Monday and tuessday are fine. I've done it a couple times and it's cool.
Wednesday morning, it's like night a day. talk about a flood of people.

if you're in college, depending on when your finals are i think the best time to go is the first 2 weeks of December. rigut up until the 18th or so. It's the best time, not too crowded. not to hot, most rides are operational, and it's like walking through a post card.

sportsguy2315
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I see you're from Athens, so why not drive down Labor Day weekend? Yeah, you do have crowds (As with any big holiday weekend) but they're quite bearable.

Stu29573
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Having gone right before Thanksgiving before, I can say that it is not bad at all. Its on Thanksgiving Day that things start to get really crazy...

Davy Crockett
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
If you decide against the Pre-Thanksgiving days then I would suggest the Tuesday & Wednesday after Memorial day (this year is Monday May the 28th). The crowd levels go from a 8 to 10 down to a 5 and it's not the intense Florida Summer heat yet, but in the mid to high 80's so you can hit the pool or water park if so desired.

Oh and I'm only 76.345% crazy today ;)