PDA

View Full Version : Not so Scary Halloween party..??

TIGGER17179
05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm going to be at Disney this year for my honeymoon in October while the NSSHP is going on. Is it really worth the extra $56.00 for 2 grown ups to go to? Or would the time be better spent at another park or Downtown Disney.
If it's worth It I will consider it, I'm just splurging already on the hotel and wasn't sure if an extra $112.00 is worth it. :mickey:

This is pretty much the first time for my soon to be DH. He was there 30 yrs ago as a kid.

minnie04
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Honestly, we went once and that was enough for us. We love the Xmas party, but it was really fun and cool to see all the people dressed up walking around all night. Im not sure if they do that during the day (costumes), but It was a trip to see all the families that go all out in their costumes... I say if you can afford it. Go at aleast once..:mickey:

Wolf
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
:hmghost:Personally it is worth it to me, the parade is amazing, shows are great, the castle is 100% different looking during the party, lots of characters and just a great experience especially if you never have done it. We booked a dinner around 5 pm the night of our party so we can eat then miss all the traffic of non-party people leaving and see the park transformed. Its really really fun in my opinion, we've done it 4-5 times now and its just a fantastic time. :pumpkin::bat:

BugeyedMuggy
05-07-2012, 04:34 PM
If you enjoy Halloween and dressing up in costume as adults it is fun. We have been 3 or 4 times over the years and try to coordinate our costumes ex pirates, romans, etc... The parade in my opinion is the best and the 360 deg. fireworks are a must see.

caryrae
05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
We went as 4 adults and had a great time. It was fun seeing all the people dressed in costumes and pretty much all the rides that were open you could walk right on.

T-Belle
05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Personally I love it! I've been 3 times and would go again. As others have said, the crowds are lower, most rides are walk on, especially after the 1st parade. And the parade is great! The grave diggers and the headless horseman are my favorite! Don't feel like you have to dress in costume but a lot of people do and it's fun to look at all the different ones. By the way, I'm a "grown up" with adult children and I loved "trick or treating" around the park! To me, it's just a lot of fun!

DizneyRox
05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
The tickets are closer to $60 per adult than $56...

The Halloween Party is the better of the two after hours events, but for $120 I think there are better things to do with that kind of money.

gottaluvtink
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
We went for the first time two years ago, and honestly, I would never go again, especially since the price continues to go up. It was EXTREMELY crowded, and was difficult to get around to get the things we wanted to do done. There were a lot of people hanging around the park who didn't have party bracelets. I know people will argue that Disney gets them out quickly, but I was there, and I witnessed several people in character lines, at the parade, and also on Space Mountain who did NOT have bracelets. What we did get to do was fun, but for that price, I did not think it was worth it. We had four of us, which was over $200. That's a lot of money to wait in lines that were longer than the lines we experienced while attending the park on a regular day. Just my opinion!

p.s. The candy was yummy!

Fastpasssteve
05-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Here's the deal:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a really good deal for a few reasons, but there are certain factors to keep in mind (as with all things Disney).

1) The Halloween party is a great opportunity to get on a lot of rides quickly. The park is much less full, BUT keep in mind that the closer you get to the DAY OF HALLOWEEN, the more full the park will be. Disney limits the number of people allowed in the park for the party, but that number is large. Parties on or right before Halloween will sell-out and be packed. Choose a date earlier in October, and you will receive much more value for the price of your ticket.

2) I went with my Mom a couple years ago. We had a blast dressing up. Disney is the place to recapture the child within. Give in to the magic.

3) The Halloween version of the fireworks at the castle are so cool and very different from the usual 'Wishes.'

4) We really enjoyed the parade. This is also so different from any other parade there. Here's some more good news. The parade happens TWO TIMES during one party. Most families with young children will view the first parade. This is a great time to ride some rides. You're grown-ups; go to the second parade.

5) There are so many characters out walking the parks...characters that one doesn't usually see in the parks. For instance, one rarely sees Snow White and ALL OF HER DWARVES in one location.

6) There is a great stage show in front of the castle presented twice during the party. This show is presented twice during one party. Again...skip the first show and ride some rides.

7) Main Street and various other parts of the park are decorated differently, as well as highlighted with special "spooky" lighting. Cool.

8) If you did not purchase a "park hopper" option, this is an opportunity to go to two parks in one day. The Halloween Party is a "hard-ticketed event." So, that means, you could spend the morning and afternoon at another park AND then take your costumed self with your ticket and go into the Magic Kingdom without the "park hopper" option.

9) PhotoPass holiday opportunities. PhotoPass (look it up on one of the Disney websites) has special scenes set up fo

I hope this encourages you to go and partake of a great time.
:party:

Scrappy2
05-08-2012, 08:35 AM
If it is just the two of you and your honeymoon then I would say go for it! Your adults you can get you money's worth out of your tickets and stay till closing. We did this party last year and loved it. It was really a lot of fun seeing everyone dressed up. The trick or treating is for both adults and kids so that was fun. Like others said the fireworks and parades were a lot of fun.

Diznee4Me
05-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Another vote to go for it. The DW, DD and I have been several times over the years and it is a lot of fun. We always dress up and plan on dressing up again this year. Fastpasssteve said it all - :thumbsup:

tjstrike
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
It's worth doing it once to see what you think, we've been twice but will not go again. Too expensive anymore.

Mitzie
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
This will be the second time that just DH and I have gone w/o our children and we loved it. We have attended the party 4 times total and always near Halloween..apprx. 10/26 ish..crowds have been great. Last year we rode Thunder Mtn. several times without getting off the ride! CM were very vigilant about checking for wrist bands before even letting us in the line...I love the parade and the dancers from the HM are my favorite.

epceddie
05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
We've been to the Halloween Party six times. We even went twice during one of our visits. We love the ride of the Headless Horseman, the parade is a blast, and the fireworks are out of this world.
We've found the crowds to be very manageable and the atmosphere is electric. You get eight hours in the MK (if you enter at 4 p.m. and leave at midnight) for $120. That's $15 an hour for two people and you can really get your money's worth with some advanced planning.

Pop Centurion
05-09-2012, 05:10 PM
My wife & I have done it 3 times & love it. It's definitely a must do if you've never done it before. Some tips I can offer are:

Enter the park at 4:00 to get in some rides & eat before the party begins at 7:00 to get the most out of your ticket.
Lines for the 7 Dwarfs are very long so try to get in that line at least an hour before the party starts
If you will be going to the MK on other days during your trip, skip the rides (with the exception of HM) during the party. There's to many unique things going on to waste time doing things you can do any other time
The second parade is always less crowded but regardless which one you watch I find the best spot is in Liberty Square. Be sure to get a spot early so you don't miss the headless horseman
Don't miss the Villain's Mix & Mingle. Be sure to stick around for some rare photo opps with the Villain's afterwards.

CanadaLovesDisney
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
We went with four adults and had a BLAST! We would love to go again someday. We thought it was definitely worth the money. We loved the fireworks and the parade (which we typically arent really that into). I would say do it at least once!

Cinderelley
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
It is one of our favorite things to do. We always went at least twice during our trips. You'll go home singing "Boo To You".

Wolf
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
:hmghost::malef:We got our tickets last night!!!!! Eeeeeeeek!!!!! :mpumpkin::bat:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I too vote yes-go to the party. As an adult I loved it! You can go trick or treating too. And all the special events and decorations make it so worth it. A co-worker was talking about going in October or November. I told him about the party and now he's booked his trip with Wendy @ MJs. He and his girlfriend were going just because of the Food and Wine Festival but now they have already bought their tickets to the party too! All this within 2 days of me telling him about the party.

Cinderelley
05-12-2012, 05:27 AM
:hmghost::malef:We got our tickets last night!!!!! Eeeeeeeek!!!!! :mpumpkin::bat:

:congrats: You'll have a blast!