PDA

View Full Version : What's a baby to do?

parrothed26
05-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Going to the world in september with a 13 year old, a 5 year old and an 18 month old. I realize the baby wont be able to ride alot but my question is just what can we take her on? There's gotta be some stuff she can do.:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-07-2012, 07:56 AM
There is a LOT for an 18 month old to do! You can take her on most everything. By that age, my boys were old pros at going to Disneyland. :mickey:

To start, every ride without a height restriction is a GO. There are more than you might think. Almost all of Magic Kingdom is accessible to an 18 month old.

Epcot is a little trickier, but still enough to keep a baby busy. DHS is the most challenging, but there is Playhouse Disney as well as the other stage shows (Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast). Animal Kingdom is a great park, since most stuff is also accessible to everyone and there are lots of animals to look at and even a petting zoo area at Conservation Station (you take a train ride to get there, so that's fun too).

All the parks have playground areas for little ones, and at that age, most kids just get a kick out of riding the WDW transportation modes around (trains, boats, buses, monorail). In addition, most resorts have a playground as well as the pool, which will be fun for a baby as well.

Don't worry, there is PLENTY to keep an 18 month old occupied!

If you go to Disney's website, you will find that you can search rides by age. Try this just to get an idea of how much will be available to your family to ride as a whole.

Tigerinvestigator
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I agree there is plenty of stuff for the 18month old. All three of my daughters now 15yrs, 10yrs, and 8yrs went when they were much younger. She can do pretty much everything at the MK with the exception of the height requirement rides like Splash, Big Thunder, and Space mtn and Stitch. Epcot was our girl's favorite. Journey into your imagination with Figment, The Seas with Nemo, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and others are perfect for little ones. If nothing else the music and lights keep them entertained. At the Studios don't miss Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Playhouse Disney. Toy Story Mania, The Muppets, the Great Movie Ride, and all of the shows are great. At Animal Kingdom the little ones love looking at the animals, Festival of the Lion King, Nemo the musical, and Kilamanjaro Safaris. Tons to do inside and out of the park. IMHO it is the perfect destination for little ones and their families. Disney makes it much easier than most realize and the Baby centers at each of the parks will help alot especially in the hot summer months. Enjoy your trip with the Baby!

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2012, 02:45 AM
And remember, if I want to ride an attraction that my child is too small to ride, try the baby-swap. The baby swap is designed to allow both parents to experience an attraction that your little one may be two small to ride and not have to wait in line twice to do so.

It works like this. At the entrance to the attraction, you mention to the cast member that you would like to do a baby swap. They will instruct you on how to proceed on that particular attraction. You will all go into the attraction line and one parent will ride the attraction while the other stays with the child. When the first adult is finished, they will take the child and the second adult will then ride. This is especially fun for an older brother or sister who is large enough to ride the attraction. Many times the cast members will allow the child to ride with both adults which gives the child the chance to experience the attraction twice without having to wait in line.

This procedure is changing for many of the rides that are now offering FastPass so be sure to ask the CM at the entrance of the attraction which procedure you are to follow.

Many of the rides that offer this have a gift shop at the end to give the trade-off parent something to look at with your littlest mouse.