PDA

View Full Version : 180 + 10 ADR still not working

VWL Mom
05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
So, as others have reported, I logged on this morning to make my ressies and got the "we are unable to link your resort reservation" message. Called at 7A and was told 30 minute wait time so here I sit.

They're so anxious to role out Xpass, how about fixing the system you have in place first! WDW has one of the worst IT depts I've ever encountered.

End of rant

*UPDATE*
Just got done. The agent said they are having a lot of problems with DVC. Um, ok but I'm paying cash not using points for this trip! She then said some travel agency reservations are having issues today too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry. It is surprising that the Disney on-line system is so flakey, isn't it?

But, I guess with SO MUCH volume, things do go wrong.

vicster
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I had the same problem in March - unbelievable it's not fixed yet.

azcavalier
05-08-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry. It is surprising that the Disney on-line system is so flakey, isn't it?

But, I guess with SO MUCH volume, things do go wrong.

I have always marveled at how poorly designed Disney's online systems and interfaces are. They are better than they were a few years ago, but a company of this size, $$$, and magnitude, and that is so dedicated to the little details, should have an excellent website.

VWL Mom
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
I actually emailed tech support yesterday and this is their response:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort.

It appears that your reservation was booked through your travel agent
Denise, please contact her for further information.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us."

Talk about dancing around an issue. :confused:

Polynesian Dweller
05-08-2012, 11:35 AM

us."

Raises the question, did you book through a TA? If so, they own the reservation until you check in not you. And that can mean they have to do the ADRs.

vicster
05-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Raises the question, did you book through a TA? If so, they own the reservation until you check in not you. And that can mean they have to do the ADRs.

We've used MJ for years and we've always booked our own ADRs - they do not have to do that.

Jared
05-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Disney's spending $1 billion on its technological infrastructure, and it can't even manage to keep its website updated. Yep, that will work.

mom2morgan
05-08-2012, 11:59 AM

No, this is not correct. My reservation is with Magical Jouneys, but I was absolutely able to log in with my confirmation number and do my ressies at the 180 + 10 mark. We can't view any other details of our reservations on the Disney site, but I can see all my ADR's and edit them as I wish.

SurferStitch
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM

That doesn't impact dining reservations. I've used MJ for years, and this is the first time I've had problems with the online dining system.

Thing is, the website can find my resort reservation.... no problem. It just can't connect my resort ressie to the online 180+10 ADR system for some reason.

Somebody "broke" something when they did their last web update, me thinks. :thedolls:

rjmdds
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I was one of the lucky ones I guess. I booked this morning at 6am sharp for my entire week without any issues at all.I had everything I needed by 6:15 including CRT, California Grill for Wishes and Le Celier. We also booked our trip through MJ and the Disney system found my reservation with no problem. I'm sorry to hear about all of troubles that people are encountering. It seems completely random as to when it works.

wendybird
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
What does the 180+10 mean? I think it means that 180 days before your arrival date you can make ADRs for up to 10 days of your trip (rather than calling back every day). Am I correct or does this mean something else and I am just way out of the loop?

vicster
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
What does the 180+10 mean? I think it means that 180 days before your arrival date you can make ADRs for up to 10 days of your trip (rather than calling back every day). Am I correct or does this mean something else and I am just way out of the loop?

You can make ADRs for up to 10 days if you're staying at a Disney resort.

Tink1
05-09-2012, 07:22 PM

us."

Hi,

Can you forward that email to [email protected]. I just happen to have a Disney council meeting with the "powers that be" coming up.

And since we use DISNEY numbers, they have always worked until they mucked with the system. Their IT dept needs to be strung up.

Nanc

Joannelet
05-09-2012, 08:18 PM
This happened to me as well and we booked through DVC. I ended up calling the dining line as I couldn't hook up my reservation number at all online. It was awful. When I called there was no problem whatsoever!