PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to make (more) ADRs!

tinksmom02
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Tuesday is my 180 day mark for our November trip, and I have not given a thought to where we should eat--mostly because this is currently a dream trip and I'll be very surprised if it should become a reality. Still, it's better to be prepared, no? :secret:

So we'll hypothetically be in the World for 4 nights, and currently have a Beach Club room reserved. If this trip goes through, I'll be getting APs for me and DD, and the TIW card, too. DD will be 10 but doesn't eat like an adult, so ala carte places are probably a better bet for us right now. Will probably schedule 'Ohana, though, because we love it. Also, the primary reason for this trip is the F&WF, so we might not even need that many ressies, but we do like sitting down for a meal once a day.

Where should we eat? I was thinking Beaches & Cream (I know they don't take ADRs). I was also considering one of the places in Mexico--we've never done any--but I can't remember which one is supposed to be better?

Any other suggestions are, as always, most welcome!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Do you have any favourite places? Or does your DD have anywhere she really wants to eat?

Many of our favourites are in Epcot, but mostly they are family style/all you can eat?

Perhaps Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing?

tinksmom02
05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
We've tried so many places! Our all-time fave is 'Ohana, so I'll spring for a dinner there. We will be there in August, and have 'Ohana, Via Napoli, & Sci Fi scheduled for then, so we're looking for something a little different. I think that we have so many places that we love that we're somewhat nervous about trying something new that we might not like. I mean, if we haven't tried it in six trips there's a reason, you know? :blush:

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
breakfast at Kona Cafe (have done once before)
lunches at 50's Prime Time (I love it there) and/or Coral Reef (have a been a few times, not really impressed, am really re-thinking this one)
dinners at 'Ohana & Kouzzina (we did K during its soft opening & enjoyed it)

& we'd like to try Beaches & Cream either for lunch or dinner--or maybe just ice cream!

Then I'm second-guessing--do we really need all that food if the primary reason we're going is for the F&WF? Although not being on the DDP means that I can get appetizers instead of entrees...

The other thing is that we MAY be traveling with my best friend (vegetarian) and her two kids. I'm going to make the ADRs for 5 and hope for the best, so I want to have places that she'll be able to find something to eat, too.