PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will/would you go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Aurora
05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
For those who visit the MK in the fall, are you going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Are you a fan? Is it a must-do for you? Or do you think it's not worth the money?

EeyoresBestFriend
05-06-2012, 05:50 PM
This will be our second one.

IMHO, this is the best event we have ever attended at WDW!!

And yes ~ we will be dressing up! :thumbsup:

ANG
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
We've done it once and loved it. But not this year because of the cost.

Ian
05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Going over I-15 and can't wait. The Headless Horseman alone is worth the price of admission! :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Done it before, 3 years in a row... Not in any rush to do it again... I'd rather go to HHN...

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
We have done it only once and had a great time. Would definitely do it again.

We don't normally have a chance to get there in the fall (took my kids out of school a few years ago to do Disney for Halloween). However, my kids are getting a full week off mid Oct. as their fall break for the very first time this year. I'd love to be able to pull off even just a short trip for MNSSHP and F&W Festival, but I don't see it happening this year. Too much other stuff going on. Hopefully this fall school break is a success and they do again next fall.

joonyer
05-06-2012, 09:05 PM
We've been to MNSSHP three times. Had a blast everytime. But if we were going back when it was scheduled we would probably skip it on our next trip or two, because it costs so much now, and we've "been there, done that". If we had never been, or only been once, it might be a different story.

mydisneygirls
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
We've done it a few times. It was fun when my daughters were younger, but don't plan on attending in the future because of the cost.

MNDisney Dad
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Have done it twice on one trip. So much fun!

darthmacho
05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Did this with my wife way back in '99. I'd like to do it with the kids someday, but I'd have to take them out of school to do it. :mickey:

BlueDorrie
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
DH and I had a great time the 1st time we attended. We purposely planned the trip so we can attend the MNSSHP and the food festival again.

Looking forward to it again.

Wolf
05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
We always try to go in October and I'm trying to remember if this year will be our 4th or 5th MNSSHP, either way, its our favorite event and a def can't miss for us. We are gona skip dressing up this year though, we have every other year but just didn't love that aspect last year so we are going but not dressing up this year. Its so much fun!!!

Mitzie
05-07-2012, 10:26 AM
This will be the second year in a row that DH and I go down in the fall without our children. We love the F&W fest. and DH loves the fireworks at MNNSHP. He thinks they are the best that MK does.

tazlikesrobots
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Went last year for the first time, and can't wait to go again! The night we went was not crowded and had a great time meeting the characters!

PETE FROM NYC
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I am going as a streaker.
Under my clothing, I will be totally naked.

MyDisneyworld
05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
We went a few years ago and really enjoyed it but because of the cost we do not go every year. This year we will be attending again and might switch to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party next year.

JPL
05-08-2012, 10:01 AM
The Parade and fireworks are awesome not to mention Trick or Treating! It's alot of fun can't wait to attend again during Icot-15!

Diznee4Me
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
The DW, some friends, and I will be there on Oct 16th. We are all dressing up as pirates - I get to break out my Captn Jack - and we can't wait!

brownie
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM
We've already bought tickets for October 26th. We've never done it, we would like to experience it at least once, and it's one of the INTERCOT 15 events.

LandFan
05-08-2012, 11:44 AM
We've been down a few times a this time of year back in the mid 2000's but never partaken due to cost at the time. However, this year we will be able to go at this time of year again and are looking forward to it!

We have done the MVMCP a few times and loved that so I am sure we will love this!

tjstrike
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
If we didn't have annual passes it would probably be worth it. We went several years ago when it was like $35 or so for adults and about half that for kids and we enjoyed it then but now I have 5 adults as far as Disney goes so it's a no go. :(

BriarRose0708
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
YES! It's completely worth every penny. The fireworks, parade, villains show, rare characters, trick or treating, low wait times, special music, special photopass options and exclusive merchandise..... I am NOT a Halloween person, and I don't dress up at NSSHP (lucky to get a pair of Minnie ears on me) but this event is fantastic.

The price has increased a lot, but to off-set that I am not getting park hoppers this year. It's great that although the party officially 'starts' at 7 p.m. guests can get into the MK with their party ticket at 4 p.m., so you can be in one park in the morning and then over to the MK in the afternoon and play until midnight if you wanted!

crltkcagle
05-12-2012, 03:28 PM
If I could go to MNSSHP every year I would! Its my favorite thing to do in Disney. It's awesome!!! :mpumpkin:

Scrappy2
05-12-2012, 03:46 PM
We normally do not get to go in the fall but last year we got a pin code that we could not pass up. We did the party that year and loved it!! That being said if I were to go in the fall this year I think I would skip it because of the cost.

AmandaChan
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I have never been in the fall, nor have I ever been to the party. But I have heard from manyyyy people that this probably their favorite things to do at WDW and their favorite time of year to go. We are planning ot take our next trip in the fall time for that very reason.

BraddyB
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I love MNSSHP !!! We have went our last two trips and will be going again on this one. Not too crowded, awesome fireworks, and really cool parade.

Renfairwedding
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Where else can you travel to a fun fantasy world and get to dress up in your favorite costume.
I find the Halloween nights full of a happy fun energy were adults let their hair down and children alike can relax and enjoy the night together.

finaldynasty
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
As an educator, it is tough to get away in the fall...we will go late, early winter and a different party will be going on during that time...:mickey:

amorillo
05-14-2012, 07:26 PM
have gone three times (on two previous trips) and will go twice this coming october. love seeing all the villains out and about!

but what i really miss.... the 999 happy haunts ball! had the opportunity to go in 2003 and had a great time... wish they wouldn't have discontinued it! :(

DNS
05-20-2012, 01:22 PM
We did it once and had fun, but it is not something we would pay that much for again. If we had little ones (maybe under 10) we would do it again though. I am a much bigger fan of the Christmas party.

Jared
05-20-2012, 02:13 PM
To me, October is probably the best month to visit Walt Disney World. Between the Food and Wine Festival over at Epcot and the Halloween parties at the Magic Kingdom, I can't think of a time period that has such wonderful special events.

Mickey's Halloween party is expensive, but it's great fun. The parade is phenomenal (and I don't usually care about parades), and the special fireworks are a treat.

TheMartellFamily
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
I am an adult and I can not think of anything better that trick or treating in the MK.