PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's

faberj
05-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Is Breakfast or Dinner better? We have never been there (one of the only Character meals we haven't done). This trip will be dining there for sure as Mickey is DS's favorite character.

FloridaTeacher
05-06-2012, 08:20 AM
We've never been for dinner, but breakfast is great! We do it every trip even though our kids are now 14 & 21. :thumbsup: it's a fantastic way to start the day! :mickey:

Strmchsr
05-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I've done both multiple times and found the food to be better at breakfast. Really, I don't think the food is incredibly special either time, but breakfast has generally been better. Crowds and character interaction is about the same - always capacity crowds.

mom2morgan
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
We did both and liked dinner better. I agree with StormChaser that the food is only average at either meal - but I think it is a better VALUE at dinner. (My husband was certainly happy to load up on roast beef...rather than pancakes ;-) And the kids love the sundae bar). The other thing I like about doing dinner is that I'm not burning up valuable morning park hours - depending on when you are going, mornings are often the least crowded times in the parks, so we hit the parks early and relax at dinner time. All other factors being equal, I'm sure you'd enjoy either meal!

ANG
05-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I've only ever been for breakfast, but we loved it!! We have an ADR for this trip.

Strmchsr
05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
but I think it is a better VALUE at dinner.

If you're on the DDP, that's probably true. We use the TiW card and pay OOP, so for the quality of the food, dinner definitely isn't better for us.

mom2morgan
05-06-2012, 08:12 PM
If you're on the DDP, that's probably true. We use the TiW card and pay OOP, so for the quality of the food, dinner definitely isn't better for us.

Good point! I'm so focused on that darn Dining Plan I hadn't thought about those who are paying OOP...

mydisneygirls
05-06-2012, 11:05 PM
We have done both and liked dinner better also. I couldn't justify spending over $100 for the three of us for breakfast (we were on the dining plan but I paid for it)! In fact, I'm done with any character breakfast for this very reason. We love dinner there and it's always a must when we go! If we ever do a breakfast, I am considering one at Whispering Canyon....for the three of us, it would be less than half the price!

darthmacho
05-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I've had two great dinners there. Standard buffet fare and great atmosphere make this a fun excuse to visit the Contemporary. The only reason we're not doing it this trip is because we're doing our first Ohana dinner instead. :mickey:

P.Sherman42
05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I've done both, and I would definitely say it is better suited for breakfast.

mommyprincess
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
We actually prefer breakfast and go about 10:30ish and end of killing two birds with one stone! We justify the cost by hitting two meals at one location...then we are usually set until dinner. :D

minnie-mouse
05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
If you are just going mainly for the characters, then I would say breakfast is a better value. Dinner is far more expensive, and the food is just okay. You will get the same character interaction for less $ at breakfast.

dizneydeb22
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Money wise, breakfast is the better value, but we prefer the dinner there. We do not like to fill up right before we hit the parks. It makes us sluggish. But like others have said, the food is basic at either.
If you ask our son though, his favorite is the peanut butter and jelly pizza at breakfast.

Either way, have a magical time!:mickey:

floogen6
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
We are getting in late afternoon when we come down in Dec. and have planned to do Chef Mickeys that evening as a way to ease our young one into the happiest place on Earth. I think we are doing it less for the quality of the food but more for the atmosphere and to jump start the vacation for her....maybe we will do breakfast instead though based on the input above

Airblue1
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Dinner was a little pricey for what u get. I would go breakfast the next time.

snowflakegirl
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I haven't been there for breakfast in years, because I love their mashed potatoes at dinner. It's really standard buffet fare, but I really like their parmesan mashed potatoes. Who knows why.