PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks while on rides

disneyduggan
05-05-2012, 09:25 AM
For some reason I'm forgetting...If I'm wearing a stringed backpack, can I carry it on a ride like Toy Story and what are my options on a ride like Spack Mountain? Don't remember what I've done in the past.

PlutoToo
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
You can take it with you. On TSM you can set your pack at your feet. Same at SM, but most rides also have a place on the ride to put your small packs, hate, etc. I've never had a problem with my pack on any ride. Go and have fun.

RedSoxandPatsfan
05-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I took my backpack (Black Disney one) on all the rides in WDW. No problems what so ever. Space Mtn I just put it on the floor and held it. RNRC I held on to it. Most rides you can hold it or set it on the floor.

Universal is a different story though. Most of the rides have free timed lockers. You must use these for everything. If you get back late they'll charge you though.

Kairi_7378
05-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I always carry a backpack in the parks. In most cases, you have to take it with you. (Unless you leave it with members of your party who aren't riding.) Many times the loading areas and unloading areas are not in the same place.

Many rides have a bag to hold items. What I usually do with my backpack is to put it between my feet. Sometimes I put a leg through the strap. On Splash, I tend to hold the bag on my lap so it doesn't get wet.

MargaretMessler
05-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I have never had a problem either with fitting into any WDW rides or with CMs not allowing me to carry such bags on rides.

Universal, yeah, different story. Though once in a while they don't bother turning you away with a small bag.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I too put mine at my feet most of the time and wrap the strap around my foot but only once. Otherwise it takes too long to unwrap it.

Princess'Mom
05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I too put mine at my feet most of the time and wrap the strap around my foot but only once. Otherwise it takes too long to unwrap it.

Ditto!:thumbsup:

texas211
05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I just got back, and we both brought medium to small backpacks with us and at WDW had no problem on any ride, bringing them onboard.

Universal. Completely different story. Don't bring a pack, as its a pain storing it. Also, size is an issue if you are a bigger person, some rides might be a bit tight. I thought I was going to have to cut the lap bar off Dudley Do to get out of that log.

ANG
05-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I put it at my feet as well. Or if it's a flip you over ride, I try to make sure my arm or leg is looped thru it

#1donaldfan
05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Yep, you can take it on the rides....just place on the floor and step on the strap....have fun !!:mickey:

MyDisneyworld
05-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I take a medium size with me on all rides without issues. I can't wait until kids are older so I can go backpack free.

j2k
05-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Good question. Since it's been so long between trips for me I couldn't remember.

brownie
05-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Never had a problem with taking a backpack on any ride. For Toy Story Mania, I set it on the floor. It went on the floor under my legs on Space Mountain.

texas211
05-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh, on Soarin though. if it doesn't fit under the seat well, they'll move it off to the side by the exit. Probably okay there, but is out of your site for a few minutes..

NJDad
05-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Long time backpack toter here...Space Mt is the most challenging one for me, just fitting it in sometimes.

shadowden
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I usually put it on the floor and slip my feet through the arm straps so they rest on my thighs...

j2k
05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
I usually put it on the floor and slip my feet through the arm straps so they rest on my thighs...

I will definitely try this.

texas211
05-19-2012, 06:26 PM
I do that on Buzz and Peter Pan.. Always feel its going to fall out for some reason on those. "I can fly!!"

EJS-Houston
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I took my backpack (Black Disney one) on all the rides in WDW. No problems what so ever. Space Mtn I just put it on the floor and held it. RNRC I held on to it. Most rides you can hold it or set it on the floor.

Universal is a different story though. Most of the rides have free timed lockers. You must use these for everything. If you get back late they'll charge you though.

Same here...at DisneyWorld I've either put my backpack at my feet (often slipping one leg through a strap...unnecessarily) or in a bin/bag on the ride itself. It's never been an issue. Couldn't say about Universal as I've never been.