PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to Vero Beach?

laprana
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
We are going to Vero Beach for the first time at the end of the month and I can't wait! We'll only be there for a couple days and then on to WDW, but I'm excited to try a new DVC resort and see what all VB has to offer! :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to VB from Orlando International Airport? I've looked up maps online, and it looks like there are a number of different ways we could go. Which one is the best/easiest/fastest? (I will say that my sister will be driving and I will be navigating, and both of us have a tendency to get lost wherever we go! :D)

Also, are there tolls on the way and how many/how much? We want to make sure we have enough change with us!

Thanks for any help you can offer, and I'd gladly take any general tips/advice for enjoying VB! :vacation:

Ed
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Sorry for the delay in answering; we just got back from WDW! :mickey:

The easiest way (translated as "least likely to get lost") is via the route shown on Mapquest if you enter "MCO" as the starting point, and "Wabasso, FL" as the ending point. That search will show you several options; choose the one that shows "I-95 S to CR-510". Once you reach Wabasso (intersection of US1 and CR510) continue east on CR 510 across the bridge over the Indian River to A1A and turn right. The resort is right there at the intersection of A1A and 510.

This route will take you on one toll road, SR528 (The Beachline Expressway); the toll between MCO and I-95 will be about $2.50; it may be slightly more. Tolls are changing in the near future, and there's a new toll plaza about halfway between MCO and I-95. Best bet is to have about $5 handy.

Enjoy! VB is our most favorite DVC resort.

laprana
05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks so much,this will help a lot! I can't wait to get to VB and check it out! I think it will be a great way to start off our vacation. Thanks again! :thumbsup: :rocks: