PDA

View Full Version : Dining in October

Katzateer
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Not sure if and when I will have to decide but if they offer the "free" dining in October I am trying to decide if it is worth it.

We won 't be getting any discount on the room since we are staying in the standard rooms at Art of Animation.

I already have enough days on our non-expiring park pass that we wouldnt need any tickets. so not sure if it is worth it since the tickets would e included in the package. I can save the tickets for another trip.

These are the ADR's I have-

Narcossee

Crystal Palace breakfast, Rose and Crown dinner

Kona ( I know, I just can't not go :blush: ) breakfast and Liberty Tree dinner ( the meet!!)

Le Cellier for lunch and San Angelo for dinner

Prime Time and Sci Fi

Flame Tree at Animal Kingdom lunch and Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner plus going to Try to get the Dessert party before wishes in Tomorrow Land ( can't book that yet)

So if I am in a value it as to be upgraded for sit-down meals, right?

Is it worth it with the meal upgrade or should I just pay for meals out of pocket?? I tried to do the spreadsheet and can't get it to work

Thanks for any help!!

Tinker Fan
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Actually the AOA is included in the free dining in September and also I got a discount for the room there but decided to stay at POP with free dining.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I am not aware of any time that they have offered free dining in October, however, if your stay starts during the free dining it will continue for the lenght of your reservation even if the free plan ends. So free dining ends on the 27th of September, if your stay is from Sept 26th - Oct 7th, you would get free dining for the lenght of stay. If you do not get a discount on your room, then free dining would certainly save you money. You would have to pay the difference for the upgrade, it all depends on how many are in your party if it is worth the extra cost. For my family it would be worth the extra cost for the upgrade, however we like the freedom of counter service plan.