PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Epcot Event: Segway Tour

NJGIRL
05-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I wanted to put up some information on the Segway Tour that I will be hosting. I have been wanting to do this for such a long time but my son is not old enough, so it will be the perfect time to try it at INTERCOT 15!

The Segway Tour meet will be on Saturday October 27th. For anyone who doesn't know, the tour is 2 hours long. In the first hour they show you how to operate the Segway. In the second hour you get to ride through the World Showcase before it is opened to other guests. A guide will be with us to point out interesting facts about all of the countries will will visit.

I have never done it before, but it looks like a blast! I am not very coordinated so if I am willing to try it you should too!

As of today (prices can change at any time) the tour is $105.44 per person. You must be at least 16 years old. Your weight must be between 100 - 250 lbs.

The tours start at 7:45 and run through 9:30. I was thinking about the 9:00 tour since many of us will be out late the night before, and it still allows us to ride through the World Showcase before others are let in.

This tour can only be booked 90 days in advance so we still have some time. Once we decide on a time everyone needs to make their own reservations.

So what do you think? Are you game?????? :thumbsup:

disneydeb
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I did this tour last October. I had the BEST time!
Those of you that know me KNOW I am not coordinated or even in good physical condition, but I did it! You can too! Do NOT hesitate!

Go for it!

John
05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
It's been a few years but I did it as well and it was one of the coolest things I've done in WDW - besides the Richard Petty Driving Experience even though Gary went faster...

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 08:59 AM
It's been a few years but I did it as well and it was one of the coolest things I've done in WDW - besides the Richard Petty Driving Experience even though Gary went faster...

John are you able to bring a camera along or do they make you put everything in a locker. That is something I forgot to ask about.

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 09:22 AM

John are you able to bring a camera along or do they make you put everything in a locker. That is something I forgot to ask about.

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I did this tour last October. I had the BEST time!
Those of you that know me KNOW I am not coordinated or even in good physical condition, but I did it! You can too! Do NOT hesitate!

Go for it!

Deb are you coming to INTERCOT's anniversary party? If so can you join us on the tour?

John
05-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Not sure, but they take pictures and video... Which will of course cost a hundred bucks more. It's worth it. The photo of Gary and I in our jumpsuits and the video of me driving are priceless.

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Not sure, but they take pictures and video... Which will of course cost a hundred bucks more. It's worth it. The photo of Gary and I in our jumpsuits and the video of me driving are priceless.

Is the jumpsuit picture posted anywhere? haha

I was really asking about pictures on the Segway Tour.

Fangorn
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I am in.

I have been wanting to do this ever since they started it, but I was way over the weight limit. I have now lost >80 pounds and I'm comfortable under the limit.

So looking forward to this.

Steve
:mickey:

jans2kids
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
You can take a camera with you on the Segway tour but they don't want you taking pictures or video while you are operating the Segway. There is a point where they take a break and let you drive it around in a marked off area so you could have somoene get pictures or video then.

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I am in.

I have been wanting to do this ever since they started it, but I was way over the weight limit. I have now lost >80 pounds and I'm comfortable under the limit.

So looking forward to this.

Steve
:mickey:

Congrats Steve on the weight loss! You are the first to sign up! We're going to have a great time!

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
You can take a camera with you on the Segway tour but they don't want you taking pictures or video while you are operating the Segway. There is a point where they take a break and let you drive it around in a marked off area so you could have somoene get pictures or video then.

Thanks for the info! The cast member I spoke to yesterday seemed like she either didn't want to be bothered or was new. She didn't want to give me details, it was like pulling teeth, I had to insist on exact answers.

disneydeb
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM
This past October, they allowed us to take pictures of one another on our segways in a certain area of WS, but NOT while we were driving. :thumbsup:

I have not decided if I will come to I'cot 15 or not yet. We are planning a major trip to Disney in December, and there is just so much money...

although I had a blast meeting people at I'cot 10!

If I go, I will do Segway again...it is SO much fun!!!!

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I have not decided if I will come to I'cot 15 or not yet. We are planning a major trip to Disney in December, and there is just so much money...

If I go, I will do Segway again...it is SO much fun!!!!

I understand...we are going to Yellowstone in August and I wasn't sure if we could do both either.

I hope you can make it, then you can be our experienced Segway driver!

Mousefever
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Count me in! It's something that I've always wanted to do. I have done the very short intro to Segway in Innoventions. It was fun and driving the Segways felt very intuitive.

Amy

NJGIRL
05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Count me in! It's something that I've always wanted to do. I have done the very short intro to Segway in Innoventions. It was fun and driving the Segways felt very intuitive.

Amy

Great! Now we have four. Who wants to be #5!

Fangorn
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
DRAT!

I'm going to have to back out of this and the whole trip.

The timing had been perfect - my son was getting married on Nov 2 and we were planning on coming down early to attend ICOT15. :mickey: BUT last night they told us they've had to change the date to Dec 1 instead. :(

So, it's highly unlikely that I'll be making ICOT15 after all.

DRAT

Steve

NJGIRL
06-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve. :(

Fangorn
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
So now it's a few hours later and the ICOT15 trip may just be back on the table. The wedding is now confirmed for Dec. 1, but DW suggested that perhaps it would be good for just the two of us to get away for a long weekend, that weekend. Our birthdays are both close to this time, so the excuse would be our birthday present to each other.

Of course it all depends on if I can come up with the funding. For us, airfare across country can be the major expense (have AP, will travel) not to mention the time away from work.

But don't count me out just yet.

:fingers:

Steve

Carol
06-03-2012, 08:21 AM
I really hope you can swing it, Steve. :wave: