PDA

View Full Version : Monorail question

Cjsmom1811
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
A couple weeks ago my little sister was given "special" monorail stickers. We were told that if a monorail cast member saw the stickers we would recieve some kind off special treatment. The following week we wore them, even had a conversation with a cast member, but nothing was said nor done. My sister was heart broken.

Do they actualy do anything? Or was that 86'd after the crash? Any info would be appreciated! She's been asking me for weeks to find out.

Butters
05-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I've never heard anything about special stickers

DVC2004
05-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Aw, that's sad!:( DId another CM give them to her?

I haven't ever heard anything with stickers. The only thing used to be riding in the front. But that is no longer allowed since the crash. They used to give our kids the Monorail Pilot's licenses after they rode in front. I'm not aware of anything "special" they do any more.:(

Bethanymouse
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I have never heard of stickers. However, a few years ago, they were giving out special monorail cards all with different monorails on them. My cousin was hard pressed to get the entire collection!

tdk316
05-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Are they the stickers that look like pilot's wings but say "monorail" on them? If so, I don't think there is anything special about them. My kids collect 5-10 each time we ride from the Contemporary and nothing has happened to them as a result of cramming as many of those stickers on their shirts as possible. :mickey: I think the CM was pulling your leg.

Cjsmom1811
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I figured that there really wasnt any special treatment but how rude to promise an 8yr old something, and it not happen. He shouldnt of said anything at all! She asks me everyday (because I am a cast member) to ask my coworkers and bosses about it. Now I feel horrible that I have to tell her that the man lied. That is NOT disney magic. I'm just so disappointed :(

A Big Kid
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I figured that there really wasnt any special treatment but how rude to promise an 8yr old something, and it not happen. He shouldnt of said anything at all! She asks me everyday (because I am a cast member) to ask my coworkers and bosses about it. Now I feel horrible that I have to tell her that the man lied. That is NOT disney magic. I'm just so disappointed :(

Really? Perhaps the man was mistaken?

Main Street Jim
05-09-2012, 07:30 PM
LOL...if it were me and my kid<s>, I'd try and find that first CM that told you'd "get some special treatment" and ask what they meant...

I've never heard of any Monorail stickers; I know about the "Transportation" cards (with buses, trams, ferry boats, etc.), the little plastic Monorail wings they used to give out...oh...now that I think about it....was it a *sticker* of the old Monorail wings? They used to give those out when they had cab rides, but not in a few years since the accident.

Cjsmom1811
05-11-2012, 08:16 AM
He had even told us that he wasnt sure what the special treatment would be but assured us that we would get something. The odd part too was that he was working at MGM when he gave them to us. RANDOM lol

shadowden
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Sorry to hear your sister was disappointed...

LynneM
05-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh, for pete's sake, don't tell her the guy lied to her. Why even assume that? I hardly think that he gets his jollies setting up little girls to be disappointed, then slinks away rubbing his hands together and cackling. :confused:

WDW is a big place, and CMs can't be up on every little thing that's going on. He was either referring to something that used to happen, and doesn't anymore, or he mistakenly assumed that something would happen when the monorail CM saw the sticker. He tried to do something nice for your little sister, and it misfired.

Just tell her the man made a mistake, and he probably felt bad when he found out they don't do that anymore.