PDA

View Full Version : Best Thrill Ride

finaldynasty
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Just thinking about our next trip and realized that Mission Space is my favorite thrill ride.

What is yours?

:mickey:

mymickeymouse
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Tower of terror,baby! Come on june 22nd!:party:

Butters
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
ToT :thumbsup:

DVC2004
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Tie between Expedition Everest and ToT.

DVCBob
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Magical Express!!!
It's as death defying, edge of your seat as it gets.:D

Belle of the Ball 051411
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Space Mountain and Everest!

Wolf
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Everest!!!

Auntie B
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Rock 'n Roller Coaster! Whats more fun than speeding through the streets in the dark with Aerosmith?!?! :number1:

BrerGnat
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Tower of Terror!

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm torn between ToT and Aerosmith!

:coaster:

darthmacho
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Kilimanjaro Safari is my favorite ride, but it's not thrilling in that sense.

My next favorite ride is Dinosaur, which is a dark-ride/thrill ride, so I'll go with that.

If that doesn't qualify, Splash Mountain would be my next choice.

SBETigg
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Tower of Terror.

TheHD
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
It used to be ToT, but it doesn't do it so much for me anymore. I love losing my stomach, and ToT doesn't always cut it as much as it used to.

On my last trip, I seemed to "fix" my motion sickness issue, so I rode RRC 12+ times. My first time since 2003 on it and it's now my favorite thrill ride.

However, the best "thrill" I get on any ride is the final drop in Splash. If I could do those drops over-and-over again, Splash would definitely be my favorite.

cuteduck223
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Tomorrowland Transit...theres that dark part.. :secret:

Probably Rockin' Rollercoaster otherwise.

Gator
05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
My favorite would be Tower of Terror. It exciting and has a great theme.

But if you're asking what's the Most thrilling, it would be Dinosaur. There's some primal fear that hits me that makes me want to run in sheer terror. And yet I ride it every trip.

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
For me it's a three way tie between ToT, RNRC, and EE.

joonyer
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
At WDW my top "thrill" rides would be ToT and EE.

But neither of those comes close to the sheer terror of Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. 120 mph and 400 feet high. I don't know how I let my kids talk me into riding it. I guess because it only lasts for 20 seconds). After that, every other thrill ride or coaster seems downright tame.

WDW still tops them all with the "magic" though.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
UMmmmm that's a hard one for me....... oh wait, I think I got it, yep Expedition Everest:number1: Followed closely by R & R

indytraveler
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Rock n Roller Coaster and Test Track

MrPeetrie
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but as a rollercoaster ride, I think E:E is average at best. The theming makes it a very good attraction. A fully functional Yeti would make it even better. But purely as a coaster ride, I'm not impressed.

Back to the original question, I think Mission: Space is the best thrill ride in the parks.

tjstrike
05-03-2012, 12:06 AM
RnRC and EE !!!:thumbsup:

CU Tiger
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I am with you and Mission Space is it:thumbsup:. ToT is my second choice.:mickey:

disneynarula
05-03-2012, 02:38 PM
ToT.

I like that it is not only a fun thrill ride but that it is so well themed. I love the ride through in the beginning before the big drop. It is especially awesome the first time you ride it and you don't know what is going to happen.

When you go on it at Disneyland Paris they don't have the ride through part and it kind of loses that creepy feeling.

Gregandmel
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I've never done Mission Space (get head sick so I'm too chicken to try it) but it's a toss up between Rock N Roller Coaster, ToT, and Everest. Man I wish I was there right now....:cloud9:

texas211
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Disney Bus System.. Especially when crowded.

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I've been on all of them. The one that still makes me scream is Splash Mountain. There's something about that last ascent while passing under the vultures that raises my anxiety...and then that drop!!!

Gosh!

finaldynasty
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I've been on all of them. The one that still makes me scream is Splash Mountain. There's something about that last ascent while passing under the vultures that raises my anxiety...and then that drop!!!

Gosh!

That is a good point...I never thought about SM as a thrill ride, but it so it! Good call.

:mickey:

Jeniflower
05-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh can i pick more that one, cause TOT is a must but I adore Space Mountain (scariest thing is the theme music as you leave) and EE

TheHD
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
When you go on it at Disneyland Paris they don't have the ride through part and it kind of loses that creepy feeling.

Disneyland is the same way; not nearly as exciting without the ride through part.

AmyCasanova
05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Tower of Terror always gets my blood pumping no matter what, but I may have to go with you on this one and say that Mission Space could be my favorite. Granted, I can't go on it over and over, but every time I bring a 'team' on there with three of my friends or family members who are clueless as to what goes on, it's always a hoot.

Zawadi
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
ToT.

I like that it is not only a fun thrill ride but that it is so well themed. I love the ride through in the beginning before the big drop. It is especially awesome the first time you ride it and you don't know what is going to happen.

TOT is may favourite.

ToT at WDW is the only version that has the 5th dimension section between the two elevator shafts.

IMO WDW's TOT is the best because you walk straight into the elevator and unload at a different point. The other TOTs have a corridor between the boiler room and elevator which I think breaks the illusion.

barnaby
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Small World ;)

My favorite thrill ride is Everest

stephicakes
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Rock 'n Roller Coaster! Whats more fun than speeding through the streets in the dark with Aerosmith?!?! :number1:

Same here!! Gets me every time! I anticipate the loading of the limo... pulling up to the countdown... announcements in my speaker... griping the handles... and WHOA... TAKE OFF!!! A few minutes later when it's all over... I want to kiss the ground when I get off with a "perma-grin" plastered on my face! GOOD TIMES! :D

#1 ride for stephicakes by far!! Who's with me??!

:coaster:

TikiLounger
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Mission Space...in that order.

AmandaChan
05-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Everest by far! Everything about that coaster is amazing, the design, the theme, the queue...

ANG
05-06-2012, 01:30 PM
It may not be the "best" but I like RRC

Stitch2365
05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Tower of Terror

Right before the first drop always scares me, because you don't know if you're going to go up or drop down!

OneLittleSpark
05-09-2012, 06:52 PM
First time poster! I'm going to say... Space Mountain. It's just the best. I like the retro sci-fi vibe, the lighting is cool, and the ride itself is the perfect balance of thrill and fun. My runner up would be Expedition Everest which is pretty much flawless and I scream my head off every single time.

Main Street Jim
05-09-2012, 07:22 PM
However, the best "thrill" I get on any ride is the final drop in Splash. If I could do those drops over-and-over again, Splash would definitely be my favorite.LOL...I just had to laugh :)

I know *which* drop you mean, though - the BIG drop. :)

The "final" drop - drop #5 - is actually only like a two-foot drop.

The BIG drop is actually drop #4. :thumbsup:

Oh - and my fave "thrill ride"??

Tomorrowland Speedway :) Because....you *never* know what's gonna happen with a guest's car - or with the guests themselves....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....it's the ONLY attraction where the guest can really control all motion of the ride vehicles. And ya never know *what* is gonna happen... :D

WDW-Geek
05-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I think EE is my favorite. I enjoy the reverse direction through the dark and cool of the mountain.

Close second place is RnRC.

TheHD
05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
LOL...I just had to laugh :)

I know *which* drop you mean, though - the BIG drop. :)

The "final" drop - drop #5 - is actually only like a two-foot drop.

The BIG drop is actually drop #4. :thumbsup:

:D

Hahaha! Yeah, you know what I mean. Although the last drop is fun as well, especially when it's accompanied by a bump from behind afterward.

I also love the dark drop and "whoop-dee-doo" (drop # 3?). I wish Splash had a ton of the dark drops, it completely adds to the excitement for me.

Jared
05-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Does Splash Mountain count as a thrill ride? It's my favorite attraction in all of Walt Disney World.

Tower of Terror is my next favorite. I think we all agree that qualifies as a thrill ride.

i'm grumpy
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM

:joy:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Um... I'm a WUSS so the nearest thing to a thrill ride for me - Pirates, Maelstrom - those are plenty thrilling enough for me.

:)

AllDisney
05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Toss up between Everest & Rockin Roller Coaster:sick:

MargaretMessler
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror, it's a tie. Both are sometimes dependent on where you end up sitting within the ride vehicle.

EJS-Houston
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Tough question...but I have to go with Tower of Terror...although Mission Space comes pretty close.

LudwigVonDrake
05-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Tower of Terror :mickey:

Minniemouse15
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Mount Everest!!:mickey:Only 170 more days!

Main Street Jim
05-29-2012, 09:24 PM
I also love the dark drop and "whoop-dee-doo" (drop # 3?). That one is actually drop #2, and it's the only one of its kind (well, besides the other Splash Mountains in the other parks).

Drop #1 - drops you "into Chickapin Hill".
Drop #2 - is the "roller-coaster "whoop-de-doo" drop after Bre'r Bear gets into the beehive.
Drop #3 - drops you into the "Laughin' Place"/jumping fountains (when they work).
Drop #4 - the "big drop"
and Drop #5 is the little 2 1/2-foot foot drop before you get to the end.

The reason for the 2 1/2 foot drop? When the land was surveyed and the attraction laid out, surveyors actually miscalculated the alignment of the "outside train tracks/inside train tracks" parts of the attraction. In order to "fix" the problem, they had to add another "drop". ;)
And, honestly, I *know* Disneyland's doesn't have drop #5, but I'm not sure about the Tokyo/Hong King versions (I'm not even sure if Hong Kong *has* a Splash Mountain, really...LOL).

i'm grumpy
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Rnr!! :)

mommy2maddi
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
ToT!! I love this ride SOOOO much and my poor DH freaks out every time I make him ride with me....He's not huge into thrill rides and I LOVE them. Last time we went I made him ride 4 times until he was practically green :sick: Finally I let the poor guy sit it out and I rode 3 more times solo. Luckily my daughters (5&9) will be going with us in December and they are both already thrill ride junkies...I have lifelong ride partners now! :cloud9:
I also love EE, but nothing compares to ToT!!:mickey:

TheHD
05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
That one is actually drop #2, and it's the only one of its kind (well, besides the other Splash Mountains in the other parks).

Drop #1 - drops you "into Chickapin Hill".
Drop #2 - is the "roller-coaster "whoop-de-doo" drop after Bre'r Bear gets into the beehive.
Drop #3 - drops you into the "Laughin' Place"/jumping fountains (when they work).
Drop #4 - the "big drop"
and Drop #5 is the little 2 1/2-foot foot drop before you get to the end.

The reason for the 2 1/2 foot drop? When the land was surveyed and the attraction laid out, surveyors actually miscalculated the alignment of the "outside train tracks/inside train tracks" parts of the attraction. In order to "fix" the problem, they had to add another "drop". ;)
And, honestly, I *know* Disneyland's doesn't have drop #5, but I'm not sure about the Tokyo/Hong King versions (I'm not even sure if Hong Kong *has* a Splash Mountain, really...LOL).

Thanks for the added info! I love the inside information :thumbsup:

finaldynasty
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Does Splash Mountain count as a thrill ride? It's my favorite attraction in all of Walt Disney World.

Tower of Terror is my next favorite. I think we all agree that qualifies as a thrill ride.

Yes, splash is a thrill ride and a cool one at that...

finaldynasty
06-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Tough question...but I have to go with Tower of Terror...although Mission Space comes pretty close.

I think MISSION SPACE is an under rated thrill ride...

LVT
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Mission Space, I love the long "weightless" feeling.

Disney-4-Me
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Rock 'n Roller Coaster hands down!:coaster::coaster: it still makes me scream every time!

riley1129
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
I love RRC, but something about Space mountain gets me every time!!:mickey:

finaldynasty
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I love RRC, but something about Space mountain gets me every time!!:mickey:

Space Mountain is my son's favorite thrill ride....

Mousemates
07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Tower of Terror