PDA

View Full Version : recycled bead flip flops at Target

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Tonight while at Target I saw flip flops that had the same recycled beads as the ones sold as jewelry in WDW. I was in a hurry so I didn't purchase them or have enough time to really look at them. I did notice that on the tag was a picture of 2 or 3 women and it looked like a little write up about how the beads are handmade and/or how the woman benefit from them.

I know how much many of us like the beads in WDW. I thought someone might be interested in checking out these flip flops at Target. I know I'm going to try to get back there tomorrow, without the kids this time, and get a pair. They looked really cute from what I could tell.

MNNHFLTX
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the heads-up--I'll have to check them out (hopefully they have them in the Houston-area Targets!)

Disney4us2
05-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Going to Target today, will have to check it out. Thanks:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, I got a pair--so cute and reasonably priced too (they were on sale for $13.49). I always get one new pair of flip-flops each summer and this is it!

Disneymom4ever
05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh, thank you for the info! I bought the necklace and bracelet on my last trip at Epcot, I just love them, so pretty! And I do need some flip flops as the summer weather is here in NC. Hopefully they will have them at my local Target here. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Well, I got a pair--so cute and reasonably priced too (they were on sale for $13.49). I always get one new pair of flip-flops each summer and this is it!

JUST ONE PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS EACH SUMMER!!!!! LOL.

I must buy half a dozen or so each year. Flip flops are so cute, cheap, and come in so many cute colors and designs. I just can't help myself. I sometimes actually buy flip flops that I think are too cute to pass up, then have to buy an outfit to go with them.

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
JUST ONE PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS EACH SUMMER!!!!! LOL.

One new pair. But I have quite a few already, and I'm not all that fond of shoe-shopping (strange for a woman, I know!) :)

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
One new pair. But I have quite a few already, and I'm not all that fond of shoe-shopping (strange for a woman, I know!) :)

I'm not a huge shoe shopper either, except when it comes to flip flops. I am not at all into heels and really dressy shoes, and winter shoes seem so boring to me, so I tend to go crazy in the summer with flip flops.

MizMissy
05-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Tonight while at Target I saw flip flops that had the same recycled beads as the ones sold as jewelry in WDW. I was in a hurry so I didn't purchase them or have enough time to really look at them. I did notice that on the tag was a picture of 2 or 3 women and it looked like a little write up about how the beads are handmade and/or how the woman benefit from them.

I know how much many of us like the beads in WDW. I thought someone might be interested in checking out these flip flops at Target. I know I'm going to try to get back there tomorrow, without the kids this time, and get a pair. They looked really cute from what I could tell.

I just bought a pair! They are cute, but I'll admit I had to take my time finding the right pair because the unmatched beads (vastly different colors) on different shoes bugged me. With all the renovations and moving things around in our Target - it took me a while to find them - I almost called you in the middle of Target, but I thought you might think I was crazy and stalking. :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I just bought a pair! They are cute, but I'll admit I had to take my time finding the right pair because the unmatched beads (vastly different colors) on different shoes bugged me. With all the renovations and moving things around in our Target - it took me a while to find them - I almost called you in the middle of Target, but I thought you might think I was crazy and stalking. :blush:

Karen, I would not have thought you were crazy at all if you called. Oh and this Target redo is driving me crazy. Every time I go things are different. I wish they'd just finish with it already. I do think it will be really nice when they are done tho! I still didn't get a pair. I should have time to go tomorrow. I hope you didn't take the last "matchy" pair! LOL.

I have no idea why there's a thumbs down symbol at the top of this post. Not sure what I did to get that there!?!?

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I have no idea why there's a thumbs down symbol at the top of this post. Not sure what I did to get that there!?!?You must have hit the thumbs down icon accidentally when you posted.

buzznwoodysmom
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I finally got a pair today. I ended up getting a brown pair. The top beads are an orange color. I just bought a brown, tan, and orange dress last week and these look great with the dress!!!!!

And Karen, you were right, most of the pairs beads didn't match at all. There were only two pairs in the size I needed and thankfully one of the pairs had "matchy" beads. I love them! Now I can't wait to find a bracelet in WDW to match the flip flops!

MizMissy
05-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I finally got a pair today. I ended up getting a brown pair. The top beads are an orange color. I just bought a brown, tan, and orange dress last week and these look great with the dress!!!!!

And Karen, you were right, most of the pairs beads didn't match at all. There were only two pairs in the size I needed and thankfully one of the pairs had "matchy" beads. I love them! Now I can't wait to find a bracelet in WDW to match the flip flops!

Glad you found a pair that you liked. I almost bought a brown pair (size 9 in flip flops, 8 1/2 in normal shoes) because they were the only pair that I really like the beads, but I needed a black pair more. The black pair I bought have more matchy colored beads, but the top beads are almost black and do not show. I wore them last night and am happy with the purchase so far.

MNNHFLTX
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
You're right, the beads are kind of all over the place with the colors. I ended buying the white ones, so the blue and green and red beads jazz it up!

disneymom15
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I bought a brown pair last night. I agree about the beads not matching. Only found one pair that had matching red beads nearest the toe area. I have them on today, so far they feel comfy.