PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian options

ginny57
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I have a friend heading to Disney in June with her 18 yr old twin DD's who are both vegetarians. She is looking for places to eat that are good and reasonable. She'll have a car so isn't limited to on property options.

Can I pass her some suggestion??

Thanks in advance!!

Kairi_7378
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I am a fan of the Lighthouse Sandwich at the Columbia Harbor House. In Epcot we've had good choices at Tangerine Cafe (Morocco) and in the Mexican CS places. (You used to be able to specify "no chicken" on some items.)

JerseyDad
05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
....we have a 16 yr old daughter that recently (within the past year)....went over to "the dark side" too. :rotfl: ;) It was a worry of ours that she'd have a problem finding suitable foods last August when we went to WDW...but it was SO easy to find veggie dishes she'd like (and eat).

For example...some of the places we ate and the choices that she picked from:

In Epcot...Via Napoli...she chose a simple margherita pizza (tomato, basil, mozzarella / Parmesan )...and loved it....she also could have had a veggie pizza too....BTW...their pizza is great.

In the MK....Columbia Harbor House...they have salads...a Hummus with tomato-broccoli slaw sandwich....but the thing my daughter loved was the veggie chili...

In Epcot...Teppan Edo...she had a veggie stir fry with udon noodles..and a bowl of steamed rice...and the hibachi chef even cooked hers first so that it wasn't on the grill at the same time as the meat (it wouldn't have mattered to her...she's not that fanatical)

At Downtown Disney....Wolfgang Puck Express...has pizza that is superb..and there are some other veggie offerings to choose from.

In Epcot...Chefs de France restaurant...she had a vegetable lasagne...that when I took a taste....made me almost wish that I would have ordered it...it was THAT good.

Also in Epcot...Sunshine Seasons...has a grilled veggie flatbread sandwich...and a Tofu & Vegetable noodle dish

In the MK...Cosmic Rays...they have a veggie sandwich....a Greek salad...and a veggie burger available....and...Tortuga Tavern has a vegetarian burrito

TheRustyScupper
05-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Tusker House (AK) always has several vegetarian items on the buffet.

ElenitaB
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
No need to go off property! Just about every restaurant and CS at WDW has at least one vegetarian option on their menu (with noted exceptions such as Casey's and even there you can get nachos made with that "plastic" cheese). Vegetarian is easy; vegan is more difficult but with careful planning ahead can be done.

Jared
05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I am a fan of the Lighthouse Sandwich at the Columbia Harbor House. In Epcot we've had good choices at Tangerine Cafe (Morocco)
You just named my two favorite vegetarian counter-service options on property.

If you're looking for table service, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is wonderful for vegetarians.

disneynarula
05-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Almost everywhere on property has vegetarian options. My MIL is a vegetarian and she is also allergic to dairy and she has found something everywhere.