PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Toppers

kakn7294
05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Another post regarding the comfort of the pullout couches and chairs mentioned a mattress topper that made the mattress much more comfortable. I have had a hard time sleeping in a bed until we just got our new latex foam mattress on an adjustable frame (think Craftmatic-type bed). When we go on vacation, I have to heavily drug myself with Benadryl and Motrin to get a marginal amount of sleep each night. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have mattress toppers for the regular beds as well? It might make all the difference I need to sleep at WDW! I've thought of taking my own but I don't need it for any other reason and it would be an extra expense to buy and drag along.

BowTie7
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Sorry, I can't answer about mattress toppers at Disney World.
But do want to point out my favorite trick from a trip to China (where all the beds were very, very firm)--I would always take the comforter (usually a down one) and fold it onto itself several time to make a comfortable pillow top for the mattress just big even for me.

Cjsmom1811
05-02-2012, 06:46 AM
The Swan and Dolphin have amazing beds.
Someone will come along and help us with the name.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
If you are driving - you can bring along a latex mattress topper - they sell those at any big box retailer - Target, WalMart - and they help mimic Temprapedic mattresses. I'm actually considering one for my trip in June. Mine will get used again on our pull out sofa when my inlaws visit.
But I will also be traveling with a cpap machine.

kakn7294
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
That's the dilemma - we're flying so taking my own means extra expenses all around from the purchase itself to the cost of buying and taking an extra suitcase, all for something that I don't even know will work for me. Oh well, I'll just buy lots of Benadryl!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
That's the dilemma - we're flying so taking my own means extra expenses all around from the purchase itself to the cost of buying and taking an extra suitcase, all for something that I don't even know will work for me. Oh well, I'll just buy lots of Benadryl!

You might try Melatonin also.

kakn7294
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
You might try Melatonin also.

I've thought about it but I have to do more research before I try it. I work night shift and although it's classified as a sleep disorder, my sleep pattern is to generally stay up until 3 or 4am on my off days. I can easily sleep throughout the day. I don't want to take anything that will mess up my own natural sleep rhythm since it works so well for my work schedule.