PDA

View Full Version : Sofa Sleeper/Sleeper Chair

DVC2004
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
I have never slept on the sofa sleeper or sleeper chair in the villas and am looking for feedback on adults who have (or travelled with adults who did). We have a last minute guest joining us in Aulani and they will have to use either the sleeper bed or chair with the kids. The kids have never complained about the beds but they are kids, so. Would you say these are decent for an adult or are they uncomfortable?

disneymom15
04-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, I've never slept on one, but our daughter and her boyfriend (he's a big guy) have. Our first DVC stay was at BCV, the mattress was less than desirable, so we called housekeeping and asked for a topper which made the bed very comfy.
The mattress on the pullout at BLT is a Memory foam mattress and didn't require an additional topper.
I would think that Aulani (being newer) would probably have similar pullouts. So it should be comfy.

MaresHappy
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I have slept on the pullouts at BCV and would agree with previous post, not too comfortable, but it was tolerable. :sheep::sheep:

I would think Aulani would also have the more comfortable brand. And I like the idea of a topper; I'll remember that!

disneykidsince1970
05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
We were there just a few wks ago and my sister said that the pull out chair was surprisingly comfortable!

Aurora
05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I really don't know the rhyme or reason in furnishing these rooms, or which room gets what. Some rooms seem to get the memory foam while others don't, in the same resort.

Our stay in a 1-bedroom at BLT last year featured a pullout chair and pullout couch that were NOT the memory foam, but regular mattresses that were very comfy.

At Saratoga, we had the memory foam couches that I thought were very uncomfortable because of the harder (although foam-covered) surface at the seat, and a ridge where the seat met the rest of the pullout, which was softer.

I've read that others at Saratoga have had the regular mattresses in the pullouts. :shrug:

From reviews, it seems to be what you prefer. While some really like the memory foam, I can't get a good night's sleep on it. In the same way, some don't like the mattresses, while I prefer them.

DVC2004
05-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Well, she can try it out when she goes and I'll remember about the mattress topper if she thinks she would prefer that. I don't really have another option for her at this point so it's not ideal but it's better than not going!

MinnieMommie
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
My Family has used the pull out sofa at Jambo House, BLT, BC, BWV and SSR. Only complaints were at BC (and the complaints have been from anyone who has used it). Daughter used the pull out chair at BLT and did not give it the highest reviews...but she is very fussy.

Disney Doll
05-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm sleeping on the sofa bed at Boardwalk now and it's every bit as comfortable as any ther hotel mattress. Honestly after a day at the parks I bet I could sleep almost anywhere. My parents don't like the sofa beds, but they are obviously older and generally picky about mattresses even at home. They have a Temperpedic so I think nothing really measures up when they are used to that.