PDA

View Full Version : Horse drawn carriage ride worth it?

disneymomma2010
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
So now we are changing to POR again for our september trip. I love POR and every year I think about doing the carriage ride. I was wondering if anyone has ever done it? It says it is $45 but it's just for 25 minutes. Is it worth it? What's your experience? Thanks!

ANG
04-30-2012, 06:35 AM
I would love to hear reviews as well!

BugeyedMuggy
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
We very much enjoyed it. It can romantic with a bottle of wine. Riding along the cobblestone roads and along the water is also scenic. We had dinner at Boatrights and went to Bob's show that night also.

Itchy
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't think you will be disappointed. My lady friend and I have done it twice. We got the same driver who happened to have family living in our area.

Between the ride and the conversation it was great.

Instead of walking the walks in the dark you ride on them and get a whole different look at the area and the resort. It was very relaxing and romantic.

Its a must do at least once. You will need to make reservations by phone or at the conciser desk though.

The first time we were toured through the POFQ resort and along the river, and the second time we were taken throughout the POR resort area.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

disneymomma2010
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
We very much enjoyed it. It can romantic with a bottle of wine. Riding along the cobblestone roads and along the water is also scenic. We had dinner at Boatrights and went to Bob's show that night also.

No romance here. It will be my husband and I, twin 8 year old boys, and mother in-law!

disneymomma2010
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think you will be disappointed. My lady friend and I have done it twice. We got the same driver who happened to have family living in our area.

Between the ride and the conversation it was great.

Instead of walking the walks in the dark you ride on them and get a whole different look at the area and the resort. It was very relaxing and romantic.

Its a must do at least once. You will need to make reservations by phone or at the conciser desk though.

The first time we were toured through the POFQ resort and along the river, and the second time we were taken throughout the POR resort area.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

Oh :unsure: I thought they take you on a full loop around both resorts.

Gregandmel
05-01-2012, 02:51 AM
We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and had a reservation the evening we arrived for a carriage ride. Started at POR and they took us through POFQ as well as a portion of POR. Was about 30 minutes in length if I remember. We loved it and would do it again. The sound of the clip-clops on the cobblestone is wonderful and it was very relaxing and enjoyable!! We also got a glass of wine to enjoy. We were with my parents and our 2 boys who were nice enough to take them in their carriage, while my husband and I took one alone. I would highly recommend doing it at least once. :thumbsup:

AJ Springfield
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
This thread makes it very tempting!! Although we stayed at POR for several years, we never did this. This year the dynamics of our trip are different (oldest DD not coming with us, staying at a different resort, only going to MK and the water parks, etc).... but I am going to consider booking it for something new to do.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
How much advance notice do you need in order to book this? How do I go about booking it?

Itchy
05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
How much advance notice do you need in order to book this? How do I go about booking it?

You can call the resort before your stay. I have reserved about 60 days out and the last time we reserved the day of the ride at the resort.

If you are going during a busy time I would call ahead to ensure you have a spot reserved. I think they start at about 7 pm.

They will leave from the POR resort behind the lobby. From there they will either take you through the POR resort or the POFQ. The ride is about 30 to 45 min long.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
It sure does. Thanks so much. We are staying at POR from 9/9 to 9/20. This will be a nice first night activity.

shortcake311
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I was wondering about the worthiness of this as well. My husband and I will be staying at Pop in October for our 7th anniversary and I was interested in doing it.

I was also wondering if there is a preferred location that anyone has. I know there are two resort locations then a haunted one in MK (which will be going to MNSSHP while there). :D

disneymomma2010
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM

You can call the resort before your stay. I have reserved about 60 days out and the last time we reserved the day of the ride at the resort.

If you are going during a busy time I would call ahead to ensure you have a spot reserved. I think they start at about 7 pm.

They will leave from the POR resort behind the lobby. From there they will either take you through the POR resort or the POFQ. The ride is about 30 to 45 min long.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

I read on the port orleans website that it was just a 25 minute ride, so I hope you are right and they are wrong, 45 minutes would be better to me. And they said they start at 6:00pm.

disneymomma2010
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Since they only do evening rides, looking at my scheduele, looks like I would only have time to do a 6:00 ride before we head to our Ohana reservation at 8:05. What do you think? Should I do it right before Ohana?

BugeyedMuggy
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
When we did the carriage ride it was 25 mins so you should have no problem getting to MK and jump on resort monorail to Poly. in 1.5 hrs

darthmacho
05-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I can't comment on the timing, because I'm the type of person that no matter which way I decide, will be wrong.

As for the experience, we did it in 2010, and were lucky enough to leave just before sunset, and it was getting dark when we got back. It was totally worth it. :mickey:

Mousemates
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
is it worth it....depends on how much you value romance. :heart:

shortcake311
05-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I was also wondering if there is a preferred location that anyone has. I know there are two resort locations then a haunted one in MK (which we'll be going to MNSSHP while there). :D

:plot:

mommyprincess
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
We have done it every year that we have been going (this July will be our 4th trip in 6 years) and would highly recommend it. The driver is very knowledgeable and give you need facts about the property. The routes are so pretty and go slow enough to take pictures. At the end of the ride, the driver will take a very good picture for you...it is one of our favorite pictures...Do It!:mickey: