PDA

View Full Version : ?? how should I make a request on my reservation??

AJ Springfield
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Back in 2010 I requested a top floor at the Poly when I made the reservation. It didn't cross my mind when I made reservations this year to include this request and now I am worried that we will be on the lowest floor with no view (or worse, a middle floor with no balcony).

What should I do?
a) call the 407WDisney line and add this request
b) call the Poly several days before check in and make a request
c) wait until check in a request it then

All ideas are welcome-- especially ones I haven't thought of. Thanks!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Call and have it added to your reservation. It is the best way for them to know what you're hoping for.

Also, when you check-in, mention it again to the CM at the desk, so if they can, they will find a room that meets as many of your requests as possible.

Jillirose
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I used the suggested letter (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/roomrequests.asp) on info central and faxed our request this FEB. We were surprised with an upgrade this time - first time in 11 years.

Polynesian Dweller
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Don't fax, the assigners don't look at them anymore. Sending a fax and getting your request is happenstance.

Call central reservations an ask them to put your request on the reservation. Except for CL, room assignments are computerized so they have to be shown there.

You can't phone the Poly directly, the calls are rerouted and no one can call any hotel directly. It goes to central answering.

If you arrive and don't like the location, ask at checkin and they may be able to relocate you.

brownie
04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I would just call and have it added to your reservation.

zipadeedoodah
04-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I tried to call and add a location preference to our ressie a couple of weeks ago, and the agent I spoke to told me that I needed to call no sooner than a week before my trip to do this. I know in the past, I would call before that. Has anyone run into this problem yet?

CarolS
04-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I would call and add it as well. Also if you are going to do online checking (up to 10 days in advance) you can make your request at that time too.

minnie04
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I would call. Ask them to add it to your existing reservation. Then wait a day or two and call back to make sure it was added. Also the earlier you check in might help get you the room you want. As they become available from Mouse keeping...:mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
You can still call, however having your request on your reservations initally is the best option. Call your travel agent or Disney, however you booked, add the request, then a week out from arrival call the resort and ask if your request is still showing on your ressies. There are no guarantee's yet it's worth a shot....!!:cool:

AJ Springfield
04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Good ideas-- thanks. I think I will call tonight when I get home from work and add it. We are checking in on a Sunday and plan to be there by noon so hopefully that will increase our chances of a floor preference.

#1donaldfan
05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Good ideas-- thanks. I think I will call tonight when I get home from work and add it. We are checking in on a Sunday and plan to be there by noon so hopefully that will increase our chances of a floor preference.

I will say that the later you arrive the less chance of you getting your request. We have made building requests every single year and have not once been denied, however we have always checked in prior to 8 AM ... just letting you know !!:cool: