PDA

View Full Version : Darth Macho's Handwich (First Attempt)

darthmacho
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, I've made my first attempt at the Handwich, so I thought I'd share the results. Being my first try, and not knowing if I could pull off the bread, I kept it simple, and filled them all with ham salad and melted cheese. They don't look to pretty, but they actually taste pretty darn good. I'm open to suggestions on what filling I should use for our second attempt, and more importantly, as not to be sued, suggestions as to what I should call them.

Let me know what you think! :mickey:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/DarthMacho/My%20Cooking%202012/

SBETigg
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
You are awesome! I think you've earned yourself some new Podcast mentions. Looks good. Call them Handmachos or Darthwiches, maybe? Or Hornwiches? You'll find the right name. I would love a smoked turkey with swiss and avocado. Or roast beef with gouda, tomato, and a horseradish mayonaisse. Maybe a falafel and hummus with cucumber sauce for the vegetarians. The sky is the limit! I'm applauding for you. Bravo, viva DarthMacho!

BrerGnat
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
NICE!

What did you use for the "bread"?

I would like a Darthwich stuffed with shredded BBQ chicken (or pork, or beef), cheddar cheese, and sauteed onions please! :D

Fangorn
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Very nice!

I like Sherri's suggestion of smoked turkey, swiss and avocado. We can call that the Sherri's Jubilee Darthwich.

:thumbsup:

Steve

TinkerbellT421
04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I would like a breakfast Darthwich with maybe crumbled sausage, egg and cheddar cheese. yummy!

Septbride2002
04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I love that you set it up like an actual meal in the park with the fruit cut and greenbeans. LOL!

That is awesome.

~Amanda

darthmacho
04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
I used Pillsbury Crescent rolls for the bread, though each Darthwich (I like the sound of that, though I'm not sure how many copyright infringements that adds to the mix) was actually two rolls wrapped around foil-wrapped sugar cones. I'm sure more industrious chefs could easily make their own dough and cut them to fit the cones. I'm more the lazy type cook.

I love all of the suggestions so far, and look forward to trying them. I might try breakfast versions next week. Imagine one with cheese, ham and egg, with the delicious sunny yolk dripping down the side? Yum!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Looks good. The breakfast Darthwich sounds intriguing.