PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rather eat?

ANG
04-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Out of just these 3, where would you rather eat dinner? Why and why not the others?

The Wave
Captain's Grille
Boatwright's Dining Hall

Mousemates
04-29-2012, 10:15 AM
We ate at the Wave during our last visit and were somewhat underwhlemed...it wasn't bad, just very noisy and a bit overpriced (even by disney standards). Our experiences at Captains Grille have both been surprisingly good-in terms of food, service and overall dining experience. By the way after you eat here you can also take a very pleasant walk over and enjoy the boardwalk that night.

TheMartellFamily
04-29-2012, 12:24 PM
We choose this last time we were there and had a great meal. It was one of those not talked about places, we say to ourselves wonder why. They have a great selection and the service was great. In our group of 8 no one had a complaint, we all gave it a thumbs up. We all would eat there again.

SBETigg
04-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Hard choice! I've seen mixed reviews for all of them, but that wouldn't stop me from trying any one of them. My choice would be the Wave, just because I have only been there for a drink but the staff was so friendly. I would give it a shot. I've not eaten at Captain's Grille, but have had food from that area at the Crew's Cup. Not the same, I'm sure. And it was okay, I don't think it would be outstanding, but I doubt it would be a disappointment. I have been to Boatwright's, and never again. But that's just me.

ElenitaB
04-29-2012, 02:47 PM
For me, it would really depend on what you were planning on doing before or after. The only place I've actually eaten at is Boatwright's (many moons ago) but the service and ambience were top rate back then, and the food certainly very good (but not fantastic).

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I've never eaten at any of them, so I looked at the menu selections. Based on the menu, I picked the captaine's grill

DonaldDuckUSA
04-30-2012, 11:06 AM
I've never been to Captain's Grille or Boatwright's Dining Hall so I can't speak for them, but I have been to the Wave several times.

DBF had a work conference at Contemp. Resort. Since he was on a strict scheduel we weren't able to travel too far for meals. We had at least three or four meals at The Wave. I second what everyone else said about it being loud at night, but we also had lunch there and it was fine. Service was excellent both times.

If you're really against big crowds, you may want to see if there is a conference in town because the bar and lounge area was packed with people from his conference. We weren't bothered by it, but its all about the atmosphere you want! Service was excellent all times. I order something different each meal and it was always wonderful.

I also thought the Wave was beautifully decorated and not overly themed.

#1donaldfan
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I chose Boatwrights for dinner !! I have been to the Wave for breakfast and it was incredible !!! Actually, it was very much like the old Boatwrights breakfast !!! :thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 01:50 AM
I chose The Wave for 3 reasons:

1) I love the Contemporary.
2) In spite of the fact that their food stives to be healthy, it is very tasty.
3) The restaurant is visually appealing and very cool.