PDA

View Full Version : Which attraction do you nap on?

hope2survive
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Sad to say, but I often find that I often end up having a little nap on some attractions. Wondered which one others nap on. Just a fun little poll.

dmallan
04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
It never fails. I fall asleep at the American Adventure every time!

darthmacho
04-28-2012, 04:55 PM
There have been many dark rides and shows that I plopped into my seat with a sigh, relieved to be off my feet, but I have never even come close to napping on a ride. I find WDW way too exciting for that. I did, however, almost pass out at the Adventurer's Club once, but I don't think that counts...:blush:

ANG
04-28-2012, 06:40 PM
I've never fallen asleep on any attraction. But if I did it would be Hall of Presidents

Kairi_7378
04-29-2012, 09:41 AM
DH and I both fell asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure once (even though we both liked the ride.) I think we fell asleep because it was the first time we'd sat down and relaxed after 3 days of storming the park commando style. The funny part was that each of us was trying to hide it from the other one.

jaredkari
04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Ok so I am a history teacher and I have to admit, the American Adventure can be pretty dry. My wife always falls asleep. I don't because I love history and it is truly an amazing show if you consider the technology that goes into it. That being said, I do feel they need to revamp parts of the show. The Civil War section is terrible!

grumpyguy
04-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Hard as I try,I can't help myself from catching some zzzzz's on ellen's.

SBETigg
04-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Spaceship Earth, during the downward spiral. By that time, I'm pretty comfortable and easily lulled to a restful state. In fact, by that time, I always wish I could stay on for another round and continue the relaxing journey.

goofy-4-disney
04-30-2012, 10:16 AM
It never fails that I'll catch a quick nap when we do a show in the afternoon thats air conditioned. We schedule these attractions at this time for that reason. Its great to get out of the afternoon heat/humidity for the 15-20 minutes and just relax. I voted for Carousel of Progress, although I could have selected more than one.

Soph and Han's Mom
04-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Ha! Another vote for Spaceship Earth!

I love the ride...one of my favorites. However, when you are riding backwards looking up at the dark sky...in a nice comfortable reclined position:thumbsup:

Can't be helped!

Coach Goofy
04-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Ellen is for sure the easiest. I hope they never change it! 30-40 minutes of uninterrupted time in a dark, air conditioned space is like gold at WDW. American Adventure would be a distant 2nd.

Ms. Mode
04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Carousel of Progress...everytime BUT the first time. :blush:

Ms. Mode
04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, my DH and DD use Spaceship Earth as their personal napping ground. :cool: I love that ride!

dml
04-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Honestly, as much as I try not to sometimes sitting the in AC on cushion seats in the dark gets the best of me - American Adventure and Hall of Presidents (although I always wake up to see the Presidents speak)!

goofygonewild
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
sounds dangerous is a great napping area. It's dark, I don't put on the headphones & just have the kids tell me when it is over. I really can't believe this continues to stay open. Sooooo boring!

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I put down Ellen's Energy Adventure, but I have slept in the Hall of Presidents and the Carousel of Progress. I have also lost consciousness in Bear Jamboree, although I have no idea how. I must have been really tired.

Davy Crockett
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Another vote for Carousel of Progress and Spaceship Earth. Love both but strategic afternoon placement in our agenda = a little peace and quite + air conditioning :blush: & makes DAD a happy man!!!

indytraveler
05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
COP for me b/c we normally do it in the afternoon. The music, the slow turning theater, the a/c, after a big lunch.

See I can't help myself

texas211
05-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I voted UofEnergy, but today at Epcot I also napped at the American Experience, Circle, and the France movie.. I might have been out cold on that one.

BlueDorrie
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Hall of Presidents gets my vote every time. As fascinating the animatronic presidents are, the a/c wins hands down on a hot and humid day. It's dark and cool for a short nap.

Princess'Mom
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm gonna have to try a nap at Ellen - haven't been there yet. :blush:

CU Tiger
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
If I plan to or not, I always stard nodding off in the Hall of Presidents.:mickey:

Gator
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I fell asleep in minutes on UOE. Unfortunately, I woke up soon after and had to endure the rest of the ride.:thedolls:

I will say that I've nodded off in the American Adventure. Also, I've slept with my head in my lap at Lion King, but I stayed up way too late the previous night watching a movie about the Apostle John. The movie was interesting, but not worth having to pass out at a good attraction :D

AmyCasanova
05-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Hall of Presidents.

That is strictly the "It's raining and I don't want to be absolutely soaked by Florida weather" attraction.

finaldynasty
05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I hate to say this, since I have great respect for all of our Presidents..the Hall is my napping place.

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Spaceship Earth tends to make me sleepy and I once fell asleep in American Adventure and my snoring :sleepin: was so loud I woke myself up :blush:

E-OR
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
My favorite place to take a break is at MK on the people mover. They'll even let you ride more than once without getting off. Not only can I rest but I actually love this ride, especially at night.

i'm grumpy
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I like them but have slept through Muppets 3-D, COP and AA. Haven’t been to Uof E or HoP for years, but have slept through them I’m pretty sure.

Wolf
05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
The busses! After a long park day I sleep better than ever on a disney bus heading back to the resort!

AmandaChan
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
definitely american adventure but i've been known to nap in the france film as well..

villavic
11-21-2012, 10:59 PM
definitely american adventure but i've been known to nap in the france film as well..

Not that we find AA boring, cause we enjoyed it, but there's a funny episode in my family about this attraction.

Let's say before telling it, that we are peruvians and live in a seismic zone.

My parents were in Epcot (that time I wasn't with them), and after lunch they felt a bit sleepy and tired (it was august, very hot) so they decided to nap within an attraction, they chose American Adventure (for 2nd time that day, so it was theorically ok).
My mother told me she got asleep fastly. Both actually. And there's a moment when it sounds a blast (not sure if it's when they tell about Civil War), and with the big sound and floor vibration, all of a sudden my mother woke up screaming TERREMOOOTOOO!! (EAAARHQUAAAKE!!!!!), to everybody's surprise! My father had to immediately shut her mouth!! It was so funny, and embarrasing for them :mickey:

DisneyDawgette
11-21-2012, 11:16 PM
This is a really entertaining poll! On our last trip, my friend ranked all of my favorite rides by which ones were the best "sleepers"... While I could NEVER do it, CoP was his favorite. ;)

bruin1344
11-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont nap but I wish I could during Ellen's Universe of Energy.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-22-2012, 10:48 AM
With 2 DS', all there is to do and see and the out of pocket expense of a disney vaca ;) napping is not an option!! :woohoo:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
11-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Always on Tower of Terror its so dark and cool but that drop always gets me sadly. Just kidding I really dont fall asleep on any rides dont want to miss a moment of magic!

mom2morgan
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
When this poll first came out I didn't answer because I thought it was silly - who'd waste a minute of Disney? And honestly, some of the attractions named don't really have seating conducive to it. But it turns out, on our recent trip, that Ellen does it for me! It's dark, and cozy, there is some gentle movement, and the sound isn't too intrusive....LOL

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-23-2012, 12:02 PM
We came out of the American Aventure on our last trip, and I say "I really do like that - and we're not even American" to which my Mom replies "It wasn't that good, I fell asleep."

I told her that I was ashamed to finally have a family member who fell asleep on a Disney attraction.;)

tiggerbuddy
11-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Ellen

Kaps
11-24-2012, 09:31 AM
I will nap on Ellen but wouldn't even waste the nap time on Sounds Dangerous. Never been a fan of American Idol either so would n't do that either :ack:

kakn7294
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
No matter how tired I am, I try really hard not to fall asleep in any attraction although I've come close in many. If I had to pick from that list, I'd say American Idol. We do not like the show and we have never been to the attraction.

SBETigg
11-24-2012, 12:40 PM
No matter how tired I am, I try really hard not to fall asleep in any attraction although I've come close in many. If I had to pick from that list, I'd say American Idol. We do not like the show and we have never been to the attraction.

I think it came along late and I'm not a real fan of it either. But, it's actually more fun than I imagined, plus there's audience participation, so hard to fall asleep. It's pretty high energy in presentation. Not that I need to do it again. It's just not one I would pick for a good napping place.
Though total lack of interest certainly helps. :cool:

bostonchic13
01-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I started to feel sleepy on Its a small world(believe it or not)lol...it was cool/relaxing.I really do like the ride though

roses
01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Another vote for Spaceship Earth - still have to ride it everytime - but I totally love the end when it's going backwards and you can rest your eyes in the dark.

Tigerinvestigator
01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
COP and it is one of my favorite attractions. But like others have said, the air conditioning, the relaxing soundtrack, and nice comfortable seats make it hard to stay awake. Always feels like home in that theatre.:thumbsup: