PDA

View Full Version : One Less Soul In My Home Tonight...

brad192
04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
I lost one of my cats tonight. :cry: Her name was Smokey, and she was a wonderful companion for 12 years.

I adopted her, and her stepbrother, in 2000 after my "cat buddy" of 21 years passed. She was a rescue cat who, I'm certain, was mentally and/or physically abused by her former owners. She wanted nothing to do with humans, but I was determined. It took about 4 months before she allowed me to pet her & interact with her. After that, the bond grew & we eventually ended up having a wonderful relationship.

She had been acting a bit lethargic lately, but I just attributed that to getting older. The last few days she was just not acting right, and I planned on taking her to the vet on Monday. This morning she seemed relatively OK, yelling at me to get out of bed, etc. When I went to check on her around 9PM tonight I found her laying in the middle of my bed - gone.

I'm having a hard time dealing with this right now & could use a virtual hug & some pixie dust to help me thru. She was a great little gal & I'll miss her very much.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. We have two cats. One 13yrs old and the other a kitten, They are so funny and bring us such joy. I do worry that any day now the older one will leave us. Everytime I catch her sleeping I go over to make sure she is breathing. So I am sending you lots of hugs for this difficult time..

Dulcee
04-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Its never easy, is it?

My mother lost our childhood cat just a few weeks ago. She too went downhill quickly and passed at home. Mom (and us adult kids) have held on to the fact that she passed at home, where she knew she was safe and loved and didn't have to be stressed by a trip to the vets office. I hope you can find peace in that it was the same for your furbaby.

Carol
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
So sorry, Brad. :(

TinkerbellT421
04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss brad. It is never easy to lose an animal, they are like your children. Sending pixie dust and prayers to help you through this difficult time.:pixie::pixie:

Kairi_7378
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Very sorry for your loss, Brad. Losing a pet is very difficult. :hug:

Nascfan
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I am so sorry to read about the loss of your kitty. Pets truly are members of our family and their loss is very tough to take. Lots of pixie dust headed your way and prayers that you find comfort.

TheDuckRocks
04-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear your sad news, it so hard to lose a beloved fur baby. She was very lucky to have been able to find you to love and be loved.:hug:

hoop de do
04-28-2012, 10:22 AM
So sorry for your loss Brad. I'm sending you some Pixie Dust. Remember you took her to a much better world when you adopted her. We are thinking of you during this sad time.

:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

deedeebee
04-28-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry :grouphug:

Tick-Tock
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm so sorry. The problem with our furry friends is that they just don't live long enough! Just a few weeks ago I lost my cat of nearly 15 years, so I know it's hard.

Disneymom4ever
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm so sorry, losing a pet is never easy. I believe she is in a better place now running around playing with all of the other cats, thanking you for the wonderful life you gave her. Hugs to you :hug:

DVC2004
04-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm very sorry! :( We lost our Sam in November who was a wonderful part of our family for 15 years. I know the pain you are feeling. I cried every day for what seemed like forever. Sending you hugs and love. Your baby sounds like she was a wonderful companion. It doesn't feel like it now, but you will start to heal. I adopted another kitty about a month later, with mixed feelings, but I have to say how much having the new one helped. He'll never replace Sam, but we love him and he brings alot of happiness. Best wishes and sorry for your loss. She was very special and you will never forget her. You gave her a great life.

disneydeb
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm so sorry.:hug:

faline
04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry Brad. While it is never easy, it does sound like her passing was peaceful and occurred in a place which was very comfortable for her.

joanna71985
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry :(

BrerGnat
04-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry for the loss of your kitty. :(

DisneyAddict62
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
So sorry, hugs to you! They take a huge chunk of your heart! :sob:

My 15-year-old calico is curled up next to me right now, I am dreading the day...

badkitty
04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
So sorry for your loss. :hug:

Disney Doodle
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I am sorry to hear that about the loss of your cat. I know just how close a bond you can have with your pets. It is always very sad at the time of their passing, but hopefully you will soon be able to recall the good times you shared without feeling so sad.

We have taken on three rescue cats over the years. The disadvantages are that you don't know what physical and emotional scars they carry and you don't get to share as many years together as you would have liked. However the reward of knowing you changed their lives so much for the better makes it all worthwhile.

Will be keeping you in my prayers.

Angie

laprana
04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss! Pets can have such a lasting positive impact on our lives and it's so hard when we lose them. It sounds like you gave her a good life in a loving home, and you both were lucky to have each other. Sending prayers and lots of :pixie::pixie: to help you through this tough time!

Wolf
04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss and pain...

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2012, 08:01 PM
So sorry for the loss of Smokey. :(

I had one of my cats who passed away at home too. As comforting as it is to know that they were in a familiar environment at the end, it is still a shocking thing to have to deal with. My heart goes out to you.

Mousefever
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Brad, I'm so sorry you've lost a kitty. They are so precious to us, aren't they. I'll be thinking of you as you're dealing with this loss.

Amy

Tink#64
05-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Brad, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry that this is late in coming as I've just come upon this thread, but it really touched me as our oldest cat, not quite 11 (whom we've had since he wa about 5 weeks old) is experiencing kidney problems & we're faced with the fact that our beloved Mister, a beautiful Sealpoint Siamese, won't be with us much longer. It's crazy how attached we become to our pets, they become part of our families & losing them is truly like losing a family member. I'm currently dealing with taking our furry one for iv fluids every week, & watching him loose weight every week. It was such a shock at first, we ALL, shed tears for our "boy", but now I'm wondering am I prolonging it? Is my furry "boy" suffering & we're being selfish? I'm sure the sudden way in which you lost your baby was incedibly difficult, I'm not sure that knowing that they are dying is any easier. Those furry children creep right into our hearts and it's never easy to say that final goodbye. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Jeri Lynn
05-14-2012, 06:48 AM
I share in your sorrow. Losing a pet is so very hard. We lost our beloved dog Riley in February. I knew he was getting older and at thirteen our time was limited, but it happened so fast I wasn't as prepared as I thought I would be.