PDA

View Full Version : Trash?? and other hints?

disneykidsince1970
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
hi guys - quick one for the DVC experts!

I don't own - only rent. I've rented twice and have another reservation confirmed for Nov 1 (YIPPEE!!!).

Questions are...

What are we supposed to do with the Trash and Recycling since they don't pick it up till the 4th day? The receptacles are quite small if you are cooking and have more than 2 people...I didn't see or receive any direction on this one.

And...are there any other hints or things we should know? From the first two gorups that I rented from, I received no special information on planning or "you need to know" type stuff. From the 3rd, I received the smoking policy info.

Thanks!!

NewDVCowner
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I've been able to leave the trash can outside the door and housekeeping empties it for me.

PlutoPlanet
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I walk down the hall and find a utility room with a barrel for rubbish and recycling. We go in August and can't keep the kitchen trash in the room long.

laprana
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I walk down the hall and find a utility room with a barrel for rubbish and recycling. We go in August and can't keep the kitchen trash in the room long.

:ditto: There are small trash drop-off areas on every floor of the DVC resorts (or at least I'm pretty sure they all have them) where you can empty your trash and recycling. I know for sure that Kidani, BLT, BCV, and SSR have them only because we've stayed there and used them! :thumbsup:

Carol
04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
We also use the drop areas to dispose of stuff. Typically the bellman goes over this stuff when they bring up our bags. Feel free to ask him or when in doubt call down to the main desk. :)

ANG
04-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Yep we use the drop off area or sometimes I was able to catch mousekeeping in the hallway

greengeen
04-29-2012, 12:25 PM
I've been able to leave the trash can outside the door and housekeeping empties it for me.

This is not the answer!! I hate walking through the halls of my DVC resort and seeing bags or cans of trash sitting out. It's not housekeeping's job to take your trash from the hallway. You're supposed to empty it yourself in the trash room. Follow the signs. When you stay on points, it's YOUR responsibility.

NewDVCowner
04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
This is not the answer!! I hate walking through the halls of my DVC resort and seeing bags or cans of trash sitting out. It's not housekeeping's job to take your trash from the hallway. You're supposed to empty it yourself in the trash room. Follow the signs. When you stay on points, it's YOUR responsibility.

Hmm. When I was staying at the GCV they told us to leave it outside the door.

Mickey'sGirl
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
We take the trash and recycling to the utility room whenever there is something to get rid of and we're on our way out. It's very easy and convenient to do so.

MinnieMommie
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
We take the trash and recycling to the utility room whenever there is something to get rid of and we're on our way out. It's very easy and convenient to do so.

Absoutely agree...very easy to do:mickey :

disneykidsince1970
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM
We also use the drop areas to dispose of stuff. Typically the bellman goes over this stuff when they bring up our bags. Feel free to ask him or when in doubt call down to the main desk. :)

Of course this makes sense to do! I suppose he might have offered to pint out the trash area too... Anyhow... The point someone made about iit being home away from home is fair enough. I guess I take out the trash....as long as I know where to take it! :mickey:

LVT
04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Good question. I will watch for more. If you only rent once in a while, you will not know the score.