PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Hollywood & Vine

WLGirl
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
We are going in late September and we are on the dining plan. I am trying to find our last restaurant. We want to try something new. I thought about H & V but I'm reading alot of negative reviews. I know I will get the truth from my Intercot friends.....so how is H & V???

mydisneygirls
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
We've gone a couple times over the years and it's nothing to write home about. In my opinion, I'm not crazy about most of the restaurants at HS (especially 50's Prime Time....well overrated).

Our next trip, we are trying someplace new....Grand Floridian Cafe. Intercotee's have said this is a hidden gem and I can't wait to try it!!!

Davy Crockett
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
We've been there a few times and it's okay. The cuisine being buffet seem to be very similar to Crystal Place... kinda, or was last time we ate there 3 years ago. Our elderly Aunt and Uncle like to go there when they come with us. I would choose it over 50's Prime Time, but not as good as Mama Melrose or Sci-Fi Theater.

paymerich
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Slightlty above average. Fun when waiter do their schtick.

CajunDisneyDad
04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
We have eaten there with DS before. I would not advise you to schedule before 11:30. We booked for 11 and actually had to wait because there was still breakfast food out and they were changing over to lunch. DS enjoyed it but I think it was because he knows the characters. Food was ok... buffet...nuff said lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
We ate there in 2008. We didn't think it was very great. We also are not too impressed with TS at DHS. If you are not interested in doing the Fantasmic Pkg. I would suggest a TS location at a nearby resort.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-26-2012, 01:58 PM
We have not been back there since they switched over from the Fab 4 dressed in fantastic 20s costumes to Playhouse Disney characters. No one was interested dining with PHD Characters. So we went elsewhere for our meal.

ANG
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
We've eaten there twice. And both times it just seemed dirty to me. Not at all like I expected from Disney