PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Wait Times App!!

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
My sister and I were just emailing about how planning a Disney trip is just about as fun as actually taking a Disney trip. In that vein, I find that I check my Disney Wait Times app about 15 times a day. I'm among friends... it's probably more like 25 times a day. What is wrong with me??? Does anyone else out there do the same thing?

I spend way too much time day dreaming about my next Disney adventure!

Nikki:mickey:

SBETigg
04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Nikki, I do it too! I know it might seem silly. I'm not there. I can't take advantage of a short wait time, or a long one. But it's cool to look and see the wait time and dream a little, for a minute or so, that if you were there, that's what it would be like. It's just another thing for us to enjoy in our dreaming of Disney.

Ms. Mode
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I wanted an iphone just for that purpose; I don't have one yet but my DH and DD do! They check the times throughout the day when they need a break and text me with the info. :mickey:

PS I can't wait to get my own phone!

disneymom15
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I do it too, I tend to look more often as my trip gets closer.

badkitty
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Which app do you use? The "official" app doesn't show wait times unless you are in the park.

Davy Crockett
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that does this :thumbsup: I sit at home in the evenings and go from one park to the next to see what's happening. I go and customize and reconfigure park touring plans about once a week in anticipation of our upcoming trip.... I know I'm a WDW GEEK. :cap: Wagons Hooooo

disneymom15
04-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Which app do you use? The "official" app doesn't show wait times unless you are in the park.

I use the "VersaEdge" disney world wait times app for Iphone. I one I downloaded was the "free" app. I also have one from "undercover tourist", but that one costs somewhere around 2.99.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
04-25-2012, 02:45 PM
My son and I play a game every night where we try to guess the wait times for all 4 parks. It's funny as heck sometimes we are way off!! We'll start at Mk and then proceed to EPCOT, then Hollywood Studios, and finally at Animal kingdom (except we can't play the AK wait time game past a certain time because when we play later, all the rides are "CLOSED")

stephicakes
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
We TOTALLY check wait times often too! My DH has the app on his phone and we check all the time even though our trip is not until September! It's just another thing to help us get our Disney "fix" besides watching YouTube videos, past home videos, listening to Disney music, and of course visiting Intercot!

Also... a big "Hi" to all my fellow Intercot peeps! I have been visiting the site for a while now and it's so nice to know we are not the only Disney "nuts" out there! ;)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I too check my app - (I use the Versa Free one) off and on all day. :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I do it once a day. My son's school car rider line can be L-O-N-G!!!! I check the wait times when I'm waiting to pick him up. Sometimes I'll see a wait time that's about the same amount of time I'll have to wait to get my son in the car and when I pick him up I often think "if I were really in WDW we'd be getting on such and such ride".

I have the FREE WDW Waits, and the FREE WDW Maps. Love, love, love the maps app. I love to look at pictures of the parks that are on that app. Silly as this may sound, the pictures that make me most feel like I'm there are the restaruants and bathrooms!!!! LOL.

We LOVE Disney
04-25-2012, 04:41 PM
I do it once a day. My son's school car rider line can be L-O-N-G!!!! I check the wait times when I'm waiting to pick him up. Sometimes I'll see a wait time that's about the same amount of time I'll have to wait to get my son in the car and when I pick him up I often think "if I were really in WDW we'd be getting on such and such ride".

I have the FREE WDW Waits, and the FREE WDW Maps. Love, love, love the maps app. I love to look at pictures of the parks that are on that app. Silly as this may sound, the pictures that make me most feel like I'm there are the restaruants and bathrooms!!!! LOL.

Hi Denise

Could you please tell me what your apps are called? I don't have an iPhone though (I have Android). I just had my phone repaired so now I have to download all of my apps again and am looking for a WDW one.

Thanks!
Tracy

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi Denise

Could you please tell me what your apps are called? I don't have an iPhone though (I have Android). I just had my phone repaired so now I have to download all of my apps again and am looking for a WDW one.

Thanks!
Tracy

My apps on are an iphone. Looking at my phone it looks like they are VersaEdge Software, LLC, Disney World Wait Times, and VersaEdge Disney World Maps.

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM

See Nik?!?! We aren't any crazier than any of our other Icot peeps! :cloud9:

disneykidsince1970
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
I have a Blackberry so the apps aren’t as good I’m sure. I just use Underground Tourist. I think it was $2.99 or something. All you get are wait times but it’s good enough for a Disney fix ten times a day. I am SO happy to hear that I’m not the only one who does this.

Mickey’sIrishPal – LOVE that idea!

Hey Peter Pan is only 15 minutes right now. Come on everybody… away we gooooo!

Nikki:mickey:

SBETigg
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Also... a big "Hi" to all my fellow Intercot peeps! I have been visiting the site for a while now and it's so nice to know we are not the only Disney "nuts" out there! ;)

Welcome! Glad you started posting. Obviously, there's a whole big bunch of us nuts out here. :)

Butters
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
The closer I get to my trip the more I check

Kenny1113
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Guilty!!! :blush:
Especially before a trip. Definitely especially before this last trip during spring break which I knew would be :crowd:. To prepare myself mentally. Guess what it worked! I made a plan and we had a heart time and didn't spend a lot of time in lines. :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
My husband and I have the UT one for our Blackberrys! We BBM each other different wait times throughout the day. Our way of saying Hey...love ya! :blush:

darthmacho
04-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Haha! I've mostly broken the habit at this point, but for the longest time, I'd check my iPod and randomly announce the wait time for a particular attraction, especially if it was really long or unusually short, mostly drawing strange looks from whomever was within earshot of my announcement. :blush:

phlo8810
04-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Thank God I'm not Alone! I do it all the time. I even take it one step furthur. I actually check the orlando traffic and weather channel on sirius/xm. Sometimes I'll listen driving home from work just to hear the traffic around "the world". I've got serious problems.

disneymomma2010
04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
We TOTALLY check wait times often too! My DH has the app on his phone and we check all the time even though our trip is not until September! It's just another thing to help us get our Disney "fix" besides watching YouTube videos, past home videos, listening to Disney music, and of course visiting Intercot!

:wave::welcome:

disneymomma2010
04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
wow, did you know that toy story mania has an 85 minute wait right now? lol ;)

I actually have mouse wait, disney's mobile app, and undercover tourist :mickey:

fanofdisney
04-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok I don't have an app yet. I don't know what I have been waiting for, I guess our trip but I love the idea of checking on them daily. What fun! :clappy: I have a verizon phone which has their own app. But after reading these posts it sounds like I should get the UT app. Would you all agree? Or do some of you have a few apps and compare?

disneynarula
04-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I have to say I never check. About once a week I look at a website that has estimated crowd plans but that is just for my upcoming trip.

I must not be as Disney obsessed as I thougt.

tjstrike
04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Disney World wait times by Versa edge for the Android is what I use. As our trip draws closer I start checking it more. :blush:

MissMaryPoppins
04-30-2012, 01:06 AM
I have that app on my iPhone. I downloaded it 2 years when my uncle, aunt, and cousin were coming down to Florida for a week. I showed it to my cousin the night they came in and he was obsessed with it. I was in the Magic Kingdom with them one day and he kept asking me to check the app to see if it matched the wait times being posted in the park. I finally let him carry the phone so he could check it all he wanted. When he came to Disney last summer for my brother's wedding he called to make sure I still had it on my phone. It's a pretty cool app.

K8screen
04-30-2012, 03:52 AM
The UT app has been posting 10 min wait times for ITTBAB every time I looked last week though the attraction was closed! I dont think I would trust that one. Perhaps the other apps are better

Airblue1
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
The App VS. Reality
How close do u think they are?
Using the VersaEdge