PDA

View Full Version : Anyone there now? is bugs life open?

luvDaMouse
04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I read that the tree of life had a limb fall and was closed until further notice.. I also saw on the wait times yesterday that it said CL, now I see it has a 5 minute wait. Has it re-opened?
Heading down tomorrow! :thumbsup:
Dana:mickey:

E-OR
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Would love to find this out as well. We leave Saturday...

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM
My Wait times App says it is Closed. I suspect it will be closed until they can determine why the small branch fell off the attraction exterior.

But all the blogs, etc. state closed til further noticed.

This includes the Kids Discovery area and The attraction and the Walk.

Davy Crockett
04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
My AP says it is closed from 4/23 - 4/25 which is today?? So maybe repairs will wrap up.

Scar
04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd like to know how a limb falls off a fake tree? Rust? Poor construction? :confused:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd like to know how a limb falls off a fake tree? Rust? Poor construction? :confused:

That does make one ponder the integrity of the construction.

Fangorn
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd like to know how a limb falls off a fake tree? Rust? Poor construction?

Perhaps the Termite-ator's acid is to blame!!!

In any case, the CM advisory on the subject still says "At this time we do not have a reopening date."

Steve

WDWdriver
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Still closed as of yesterday with no posted re-opening date. CMs are posted at the entrance, and there is a construction wall across the exit pathway.

The wonderful walking trails that pass beneath the tree are also closed, but not many people know about them anyway.

K8screen
04-27-2012, 05:04 AM
UT wait time app was giving 10 min wait every time I looked yesterday. If its been closed all day, it makes me wonder how much trust to put in the wait times it gives for everything else!

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
It is closed... Never trust those unofficial wait time apps.. They require people putting in the wait times which can easily be manipulated...

Davy Crockett
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Just got an update from a person at the park, the tree of life and it's a bugs life is still closed.:drama:

dulyjs
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Yup. There this afternoon and it is closed.

DonaldDuckUSA
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh no! BTM, Test Track, now this!!! Whats next? Tower of Terror? :(

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Oh no! BTM, Test Track, now this!!! Whats next? Tower of Terror? :(

Well, Tough To Be A Bug is only closed because a branch fell off the Tree of Life... Not because they are sprucing the attraction up... This is an emergency shut down as they inspect the tree to find out how the branch fell off and to make sure the structure is sound, and of course fix problems with the structure if there are any... Imagine if the branch fell and hit a guest???

hope2survive
04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Does any one else find it ironic that a branch fell off (died) on the Tree of Life?

DonaldDuckUSA
04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
This is an emergency shut down as they inspect the tree to find out how the branch fell off and to make sure the structure is sound, and of course fix problems with the structure if there are any... Imagine if the branch fell and hit a guest???

Oh, don't misunderstand what I was saying. Of course I'm thankful that no one was hurt and that Disney is taking the proper time to provide safe family fun! I've seen a lot of theme parks mismanage attractions that jeopardized the safety of guests. Mainly, a high schoolers busted up mouth (a lot of blood...that was never really cleaned up) at Six Flags. Trust me, I'd rather something be safe.

I was only saying that it's just my luck. It was more of lighthearted humor. Sorry you perceived it so seriously.