PDA

View Full Version : California Grill closing for refurb?

Alpha Jeanie
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I read the following information on an e-mail that I got yesterday 4-24-12 from another "Disney" fan website.

"According to sources at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, the signature restaurant is scheduled to close for an extended period soon while important maintenance is done. Glass windows will be replaced, and repair work will be done on the roof. In addition, the kitchen and other back room areas will be renovated. When the restaurant reopens, it will continue to operate as the California Grill and will serve the same type of menu. exact dates for this work have not been confirmed as yet."

We have ADR's to eat there the first week of June. I have not seen any info regarding a closing on the Disney web site. Has anyone else heard about this and does anyone have any more info to share? I wonder what dates the refurb will take place. Will Disney Dining contact you if you have ADR's during the closing dates?
:confused:

EpcotChic23
04-25-2012, 10:07 AM
I just read somewhere.....sorry I forget where that it is closing Jan. 2013 for a couple of months . We have reservations for the first week of June this year as well and were not told of any impending closing.

SBETigg
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
This is good, though I hope it doesn't disrupt anyone's current plans. The windows are starting to get condensation problems that obstruct the view and I think it's time for some aesthetic changes. But also good that they aren't really changing the food and service.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
If you go peruse the rumors across the web - the dates are anywhere from August of this year to January of next year. But the general consensus is that it will most likely take 6 months and includes replacing the windows, the roof, and a rehab of the interiors.

So it definitely looks like June ADRs are safe.

goofy89
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I have reservations there for mid-October. Would they close it if they already have done reservations for it? I sure hope not as I have never been before and my fiance and I were really looking forward to this meal for our Honeymoon!