PDA

View Full Version : Episode 32 - Goofy Can't Be Trusted

John
04-24-2012, 11:10 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live Episode 32 - Goofy Can’t Be Trusted The Cast: Mel, Carol, Ian, Gary & John

- Robocalls interrupt the show opening

- John’s trip on the Disney Fantasy - details from the preview cruise. Picture gathering innovations, Animators Palatte and*how it has changed, The plussing of the cruise experience, *Muppet Detective Agency, Teen time on the ships, Technical issues*interrupt the show, Food on the ship.

- Avengerail appears and the argument begins

- Why does it take so long to build anything now?

- Best of Resort Theming & Review of last weeks show. Ian goes first and chooses Animal Kingdom. Carol shocks no one and*chooses the Polynesian. Gary enjoys Boardwalk. Melanie picks Coronado Springs. John goes last and enjoys Port Orleans French *Quarter.

- Cars Land

- Art of Animation Resort

- Mel tells us about the triple Yeti blast

- Easter Egg vinylmation

- Brave characters coming to the park

- Adventures by Disney to Asia

- Glen Keane retires

- Amazon Prime purchase of the podcast - The new Flying Colors CD. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076NAWWA/intercotcom

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-32.asp)

Dopey's Girl
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
So happy! I'm about to download and will try to resist listening until Thursday. Podcast on the flight to WDW ... :cloud9:

dpamac
04-25-2012, 07:45 AM
FYI: Joss Whedon. That's all I have to say.

TinkerbellT421
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
YAYYYYYY!!!! At work and excited to have something new to listen to! Still working on relistening to the older podcasts.

And based on the show notes it looks like you used my Best Of suggestion! Yay! :cloud9:

Thank you John. Hope you are feeling better! Thank you Mod's for all the hard work you guys do to get us our podcasts :)

dpamac
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Thank you John. Hope you are feeling better! Thank you Mod's for all the hard work you guys do to get us our podcasts :)

John deserves 100% of the credit. The show being as good as it is comes directly out of his desire for quality and to be different from all the other podcasts. We show up for recording, but John does all the heavy lifting and puts in all the time.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Thank you John!!!
Looking forward to some quiet time so I can listen to it.

BriarRose0708
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
From Wikipedia:
The spiedie (/ˈspiːdi/) is a dish local to Greater Binghamton in the Southern Tier of New York State, and somewhat more broadly known and enjoyed throughout Central New York state. Spiedie consists of cubes of chicken, pork, lamb, veal, venison or beef. The meat cubes are marinated overnight or longer (sometimes for as long as two weeks under a controlled environment) in a special marinade, then grilled on spits (if steel skewers are used, they are called "spiedie rods") over a charcoal pit.

In other words, DELICIOUS! I have also yet to make a spiedie handwich. But it may happen some day. I think I'll stick to accidental Mickey pancakes (I tweet under @dancernl)

I think my favorite resort theme is Boardwalk. I've never stayed there but love visiting the area for entertainment, food, and atmosphere.

Also, apologies to Gary for chastising. :blush:

wildernesslady
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Definitely, best resort theme has to go to wilderness lodge. It's so majestic.

TinkerbellT421
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
John deserves 100% of the credit. The show being as good as it is comes directly out of his desire for quality and to be different from all the other podcasts. We show up for recording, but John does all the heavy lifting and puts in all the time.

Well then, thank you John for all your hard work. You guys are a great group together though, I always laugh hysterically as I listen. People at work think I'm a little :crazy: though!

So after listening I want to say thank you for the shout out and glad I could be of some assistance with the Best Of's. Still weeding through the older Podcasts one by one to listen in complete form and jot down any fav's that were talked about but not listed in the show notes.

It was hysterical when John was talking about getting Mel the Disney Cruise bag (Jealous btw) and looking for the print to be just right! DBF thinks I am crazy but I always do that when I am picking out my bag! It has to be aligned just right!

Mel, you can use my real name anytime! I'm thinking I might as well just pop it in my signature anyway as I see a lot of people that do that.

I still pin collect, I'm not a massive collectors or trader I just enjoy picking up my fav characters or resorts and my year pins I collect them as personal favs.

About the Animal Kingdom game Carol mentioned on FB, when is it coming out?

And last but not least, I go with Gary that Boardwalk is my favorite themed resort. I love the entire atmosphere, rooms, locations, its by far my fav!

Ian
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
John deserves 100% of the credit. The show being as good as it is comes directly out of his desire for quality and to be different from all the other podcasts. We show up for recording, but John does all the heavy lifting and puts in all the time.I have to say that, despite all the teasing I give him, Gary is totally right. The discussion boards, the podcasts, the entire concept of INTERCOT is all due to John's hard work and passion.

He really is a "delicate genius" and one of the hardest working guy's I've ever met in my life. I sign on to Skype and flap my gums for 90 minutes ... John is the one who does the real work of bringing these podcasts to life.

dpamac
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Also, apologies to Gary for chastising. :blush:

It's okay. I'm used to it...

darthmacho
04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Going to download for work tonight, but judging from the show notes, there seems to be something missing from this episode, but I just can't put my finger on it...:sombrero:

Septbride2002
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Ian - within the first minute of the podcast you go and insult the St. Louis Blues! Did you learn nothing from the World Series?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Loved the shout out - And the pause as it took a few to say my screen name. :D

Favorite Resort - gotta say there is no way that I could pin point a favorite as there are things that I like and dislike with every resort.

Oh, and yes I own and proudly drive an 06 Legend Lime Mustang GT convertible.

Melanie
04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
He really is a "delicate genius" and one of the hardest working guy's I've ever met in my life. I sign on to Skype and flap my gums for 90 minutes ... John is the one who does the real work of bringing these podcasts to life.

Yes. This. :yes:

John
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes. This. :yes:

You guys are too kind :cloud9:

dpamac
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I sign on to Skype and flap my gums for 90 minutes ... .

I have to watch this. He's not using a euphemism for talking. He actually flaps his gums. It's amazing and disturbing.

Carol
04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Yep. It's all John - and sometimes there are a LOT of edits. (We blame Ian) :noevil:

About the Animal Kingdom game Carol mentioned on FB, when is it coming out?
It is out now and very cute. Do a search on Facebook for 'Disney Animal Kingdom' and the page will come up. :elephant:

Melanie
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Yep. It's all John - and sometimes there are a LOT of edits. (We blame Ian) :noevil:

Yep, and we always blame Ian. It's always his fault (even his wife says so! :D ).

SBETigg
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Another fun podcast! Thanks! I didn't even remember I responded to favorite ride music, but of course I did. When don't I respond to such a question? :D

TinkerbellT421
04-25-2012, 06:25 PM

It is out now and very cute. Do a search on Facebook for 'Disney Animal Kingdom' and the page will come up. :elephant:

Yay! do you play? can I request you on fb?

Fangorn
04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks for Yet Another Fun Episode everyone!

I'm not sure where to start with the comments, but here goes:

Title of the episode: When I first saw the title of episode 32, I was a bit taken aback - Goofy! Really? But then when I heard the show, I realized that this was merely Donald's opinion. Of course, I have soft spot for Goofy since DS#2 is an entertainment CM and is one of Goofy's best friends. And ever since the Justin Bieber incident at the Christmas parade taping last year, I get a bit protective of the boy. :mickey:

As for resort theming, I'm completely a part of Team Mel. I don't care for French Quarter at all. I much prefer Riverside. And I prefer Alligator Bayou to the Mansions. I think Carol hit it on the head when she said that she likes the Poly because it's so different from what she has in New York. I think that's the strength of Disney's resorts - there's something to appeal to everyone. For instance, I know that the Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful place with an incredible lobby, but for me, since I live literally an hour away from the model Disney used (Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, Oregon) and have been there many times, the Wilderness Lodge just doesn't have the draw for me. I can appreciate it for the mastepiece that it is, but it doesn't have an emotional appeal for me.

In defense of Gary - it is possible to be familar with Star Trek - the animated series and Joss Whedon and still get out of the house on a regular basis.

Thanks again for the time y'all take to do these podcasts. They, and you, are greatly appreciated.

Steve

dpamac
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
In defense of Gary - it is possible to be familar with Star Trek - the animated series and Joss Whedon and still get out of the house on a regular basis.

Steve

Exactly! Plus, I'm even married to a real girl. Who also likes Star Trek and Joss Whedon.

Not only that, Mr. Fangorn, we also love your forest.

Also, I see the sun periodically. Honestly.

bleukarma
04-25-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm a girl and I know who Joss Whedon is. Mostly because of Nathan Fillion :blush:

I'm team John on favorite resort theme. I haven't stayed at that resort since it was Dixie Landing, but it seems to have a down south, New Orleans type of feel to it. I dig that.

But I've never actually seen Coronado Springs. If I ever do then I may change mind. :mickey:

I think I'm going to have to throw Old Key West out there as my favorite though. It's so relaxing. As soon as you walk on property you feel like you need a margarita and a hammock. That's my type of vacation! Especially after a long day at a park.

Fangorn
04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Exactly! Plus, I'm even married to a real girl. Who also likes Star Trek and Joss Whedon.

Not only that, Mr. Fangorn, we also love your forest.

Also, I see the sun periodically. Honestly.

Gary, congratulations! You have hit the geek trifecta: Star Trek, Joss Whedon and LOTR references all in the same post! Few can aspire to match your feat!

And I kinda like the forest as well.

Steve

Septbride2002
04-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Another Star Trek/Star Wars/BSG/LOTR/Game of Thrones Loving Woman right here! Not to mention a huge Joss Whedon fan. I met him once in baggage claim at LAX. I will watch pretty much anything the man is associated with. Can't wait to see Avengers!

Girls/Woman can love Sci-Fi and Comic Books and still have lives! :thumbsup:

~Amanda

dpamac
04-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Another Star Trek/Star Wars/BSG/LOTR/Game of Thrones Loving Woman right here! Not to mention a huge Joss Whedon fan. I met him once in baggage claim at LAX. I will watch pretty much anything the man is associated with. Can't wait to see Avengers!

~Amanda

It's true. Geek girls are not like unicorns.

TinkerbellT421
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM

~Amanda

:exactly::ditto:

Septbride2002
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
It's true. Geek girls are not like unicorns.

And we're cute!
:encore:

dpamac
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
And we're cute!
:encore:

My wife is a geek and she's quite cute.

In fairness, to most people thinking geek girls don't exist, when I was in high school girls tended to hide their geekiness. If I had known as a teen that females such as my wife existed I might have exploded.

True story: We almost met five years prior to meeting at work at a Star Trek movie marathon. (No TNG movies at that point, so it was manageable.)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh, let's see - I'm female - know Joss Whedon, Star Trek: The Animated Series, and other Sci-Fi endeavors (watching SG:Atlantis on Netflix instant play as I type), I am also a Band Geek, and still get outdoors - I have the freckles to prove it. And I'm raising the perfect Girl Geek - She's devouring Terry Goodkind's Seeker series at the moment....all at only 17. :thumbsup:

GIRL GEEKS - stand up and unite! :number1:

dpamac
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
The rest of the cast better watch out because the Geek Avengers are assembling.

Melanie
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
The rest of the cast better watch out because the Geek Avengers are assembling.

Seriously. I don't fit in. :unsure:

darthmacho
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Another great episode!

I have never been interested in the subject of the Disney cruises since it's not something I intend to do any time soon, yet I listened intently to everything John had to say about his trip report. That's the sign of a good storyteller. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Just for the record, I'm taking up the Handwich Challenge next week. I've already recruited my DD's to help, I just need to decide what to fill them with. So many possibilities!

I thought resort theming was a great "Best of" subject. Resort theming was what convinced me to go to WDW for our honeymoon in the first place, and the Wilderness Lodge was by far my favorite, and still is. I do always wonder if that would be so had the Animal Kingdom Lodge existed at that time, because that is a close second, and perhaps only lacks the sentimental value I have for WL.

Kudos for Coronado Springs and Port Orleans making the list, though I'm partial to Riverside. Moderate resorts are very well themed IMO.

Thanks for the podcast!!!!! :number1:

Septbride2002
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I should just title this post:

I agree with Gary & Ian

I agree with them on the Avenger Monorail - I for one think it looks really cool! And I am hoping it is still there in October when I can see it! Avengers Assemble!

I agree with Gary about the Boardwalk being the Best Themed resort. It is also our family favorite. :D I love the music they play out on the boardwalk. I love the early mornings when the boats are going and the music is playing and everything has that early morning Disney smell - aaahhhh heaven.

Team John for French Quarter! Yes the mask in the food court are......weird but considering I'm to busy looking down at my beignets or bread pudding - I really don't notice them.

Polygirl40!!! - I kinda miss the days when everyone had fun user names! Stay Strong with yours Gary!

~Amanda
aka - a girl geek

Ian
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Ian - within the first minute of the podcast you go and insult the St. Louis Blues! Did you learn nothing from the World Series?Yeah and compounding that error was the fact that I didn't even know the Blues made the playoffs this year. I hate to say it, but I can virtually guarantee the following ...

A Blues/Flyers finals in which the Blues handily dispatch the Flyers. A repeat of last season's baseball match-up only on ice. :(

I have to watch this. He's not using a euphemism for talking. He actually flaps his gums. It's amazing and disturbing.I learned it from you. :razz:

Yep, and we always blame Ian. It's always his fault (even his wife says so! :D ).Heck, even I say so!

My wife is a geek and she's quite cute.Don't forget Kari Byron. :D

Seriously. I don't fit in. :unsure:Uh yeah ... neither. I don't even know most of what they're saying. It's like another language!

Septbride2002
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
My wife is a geek and she's quite cute.

In fairness, to most people thinking geek girls don't exist, when I was in high school girls tended to hide their geekiness. If I had known as a teen that females such as my wife existed I might have exploded.

True story: We almost met five years prior to meeting at work at a Star Trek movie marathon. (No TNG movies at that point, so it was manageable.)

I was pretty geeky in high school which might explain a few things. My dh has always said one of the things he liked about me (yes we dated in high school) was that I was the only girl he ever met that could quote Star Wars. And not just the general "May the Force Be With You." And I knew about Xmen comics.

I will admitt I was not a Star Trek fan until recently.

~Amanda
aka a girl geek.

Septbride2002
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah and compounding that error was the fact that I didn't even know the Blues made the playoffs this year. I hate to say it, but I can virtually guarantee the following ...

A Blues/Flyers finals in which the Blues handily dispatch the Flyers. A repeat of last season's baseball match-up only on ice. :(

I'm not even a hockey fan, but I will watch just to see if you are right. :thedolls:

~Amanda

DisneyKim22
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Let me just say that I was having a BAD day at work today. The podcast was keeping me from going off the deep end - but hearing my "name" on the podcast actually turned my mood around. Does that mean I'm narcissistic??? :secret:

I am one of those who still collect pins. I have too many t-shirts/sweatshirts as it is, and I can't get into vinylmation. The pins let me commemorate my trips without taking up too much room in the house. They make a colorful (but not obnoxious) addition to my office/craftroom.

Love the podcast as always!

Dopey's Girl
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I listened to the show on my flight to WDW this morning, and totally geeked out again when you said my name. Another great show all!

I'm 100% Team Mel on the French Quarter. I lice the size of the resort, but that food court is just creepy.

Best resort theme...that's tough. I think I have to go AK. I won't stay there again, but the whole resort oozes Africa. It is really beautiful.

Melanie
04-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Yes the mask in the food court are......weird but considering I'm to busy looking down at my beignets or bread pudding - I really don't notice them.

Oh, but rest assured they are watching you. LOL! ;)

I was pretty geeky in high school which might explain a few things. My dh has always said one of the things he liked about me (yes we dated in high school) was that I was the only girl he ever met that could quote Star Wars. And not just the general "May the Force Be With You." And I knew about Xmen comics.

This would be my husband and myself with sports. Sci Fi - I'm lost, but I can talk sports. ;)

I'm 100% Team Mel on the French Quarter. I lice the size of the resort, but that food court is just creepy.

Best resort theme...that's tough. I think I have to go AK. I won't stay there again, but the whole resort oozes Africa. It is really beautiful.

:thumbsup: I was beginning to think I was the only one re: FQ.

And you hit the nail on the head with the resort theme. Not necessarily your favorite, but which resort pulls off it's theme the best. AKL is a great choice!

lwith58
04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
I think I just figured out what Disney is trying to pull off with the Triple Yeti Blast. Yellow, Red and White aren’t those Gryffindor colors, with a little snow mixed in? haha ;)

By the way I’m with Team John, love Port Orleans French Quarter.

Speaking of choosing teams :team: is the Great Stroller Race of 2012 on the addenda for ICOT15 with Team Melanie and Team Ian at rope drop racing to grab (now NextGen) fast passes for Soarin’?

lettripp
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
My inner female-nerd didn't come out until I married my husband. His name on the boards, btw, "Plex," is from the Star Trek collectable card game (if that explains anything). And now he and I are working on getting through all of Deep Space Nine together. I was resistant at first... and I'll never admit it to him in person - but it is kinda awesome! So now thats BSG and DS9 he's sold me on ... well that and nerd-gaming :secret:. Point is, maybe some girls need a full on nerd to let their inner nerd out!

Best WDW resort theming (IMO) is totally The Boardwalk. I mean, they really pulled out all the stops on that one. Between the games and the performers, and the way it is set up, and the creepy clown pool - I think it totally captures the old-time North Atlantic Boardwalks of old.

I have to say, even though it isn't at WDW - The theming at Vero Beach is AMAZING too. I took pictures of the little details and they hid maps and sunken treasure everywhere. I know it is sort of a cop-out to pick that as my favorite (because it is a beach resort themed to be a ... beach resort), but it goes in the top because of the attention to detail! Oh man, wish I were there RIGHT NOW!

Disney Doll
04-27-2012, 10:07 AM
1. My first podcast shout out! I feel famous. :blush:

2. Team Mel all the way! POFQ is the only mod we've not yet tried. Why? Because I simply cannot get past that food court decor. It is horrendous. It's a complete theme cop out. Instead of trying to actually replicate the feel of Mardi Gras or the look of the celebration they just hang giant masks, beads, and candy from a warehouse ceiling and call it a day. Because the rest of the resort is gorgeous the food court kind of leaves you feeling like they ran out of creative energy and just slapped some stuff together. :confused:

3. Like Ian I was torn between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I'm going with Wilderness Lodge. It's not my favorite resort, but the theme is so well executed. It's really carried throughout the resort. The lobby, the fireplaces, the rocking chairs, the CM outfits, the music, the geyser, the bike trails, the campfire and marshmallow roast, the lincoln logs play area in Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's like the literally thought of everything and I especially appreciate the small details. :cloud9:

Thanks for another great podcast!

SBETigg
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm going to go with the Grand Floridian for best resort theme. I know practically no one will agree with me. But for me, if there are people who feel that it's too snobby for them, it works for me. Keep on keeping out the rabble, GF. :thumbsup: (I'm kidding. But I do love the GF).

AgentC
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow. I feel honored to be banned with darthmacho. :D

So much to talk about.

First, thanks so much to John for his report on the Fantasy. I really want to go on a Disney cruise.

Best resort theming

I am going to have to go with Ian and say Animal Kingdom Lodge. Particularly Kidani. We just came back from Kidani and I was really impressed how the details are carried through the resort including halls, restaurant and pool area. It is not my favorite resort to stay at, but best theming for sure followed by Wilderness Lodge.

Team John versus Team Mel.

That's a hard one. I totally understand where Mel is coming from on the food court. Not well done at all. And Coronado is beautiful especially the Cabana section.But I think I have to give the edge to POFQ. The buildings, fountains, courtyards and cobblestone roads just totally capture the feeling of an idealized French Quarter to me.

Girl Geeks

Not sure if I'm a girl geek. I remember watching the original Star Trek reruns with my dad and watched all the other incarnation of the series, but have never seen the animated one.

However, I adore Joss Whedon. He is truly an incredible writer.

finaldynasty
04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Absolutely an outstanding show!

Now, I need to make an appeal that you don't ban me for being mentioned twice within one show...I don't want to meet the fate of the one who shall name nameless...:mickey:

Great job! Keep up the good work.

disneykidsince1970
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Loved the last few podcasts... I listen while I work from home and usually end up listening to them a few times each - feels like I am just hangin with friends while I work!

and..when one of you mentioned that someone mentioned the Handwich being sold at the LaunchPad...that was me!! :blush:

I wondered if you take discussion requests?? or maybe direct me to where the discussion already exists...

What is the story of Intercot? Where did it come from? Maybe something for the 15th anniversary show?

and..thanks to ALL of you who are committed to enabling my inner Disney Geek....it sounds like JOHN gets the biggest shout-out!

finaldynasty
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Listened to the Podcast again for the 6th time...You are right Goofy can't be trusted!

Disney Doll
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Checked in at Boardwalk yesterday for our first stay and...

we're right under the crest of the wave! Gary's right, perfect spot!

diz_girl
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks again for another great Podcast. I hope that recording it is as much fun as listening to it.

I almost couldn't decide on my favorite resort theme - but I'll say the Poly. I've only actually ever stayed at three resorts (CR-incl. BLT, WL and Poly) and visited another three (GF, AKL, FW), so I don't have the excuse of too many to choose from. I was torn between AKL, WL, Poly and GF.

Anyway, what was that mysterious noise when Mel's call was dropped? You never mentioned what it was.

I felt bad for Gary because of how he sounded when he mentioned being in close proximity to bread pudding at the PO resorts. You knew that he can't partake of it. I actually make a really good Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese bread (savory) pudding for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And Mel wasn't insulting New Orleans, just the creepy masks.

By the way, the Tamu Tamu Refreshments is across from the Tusker House and it's where people who have been turned away from the Tusker House go to eat. It's actually pretty good. I had a Tandoori Chicken Salad in November and it was tasty.

The Lottery - I think that the lottery gods are laughing at me. Back around Christmas, a winning Powerball ticket was purchased in my town, Elkton, MD, about 5-10 minutes from my house. Then about six weeks ago, a winning Powerball ticket was sold five minutes from where I used to live in NJ. That ticket was purchased in Little Silver, NJ.

John
05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Ah - the mysterious noise.

That was me having 2 computers up and running both with Skype. So, when she dropped, skype does an auto call back. Problem is even though my main computer picked it up, it kept ringing on my laptop (which I often use to look things up or sometimes for sound effects during the show).

Definately strange.

Anyway, sometimes we like to keep stuff like this in the show to give you a "look behind the scenes".

I could have easily edited all that out in a few seconds for a "technically perfect podcast", but sometimes the reactions to problems are classic and humor filled - so in most cases, I let things be. Unless Ian curses - which is quite often. :-o

Ian
05-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Unless Ian curses - which is quite often. :-oThat is SO not true!!! I think it happened maybe twice ... three times at the most! Maybe four. Could be five, but I doubt it. Seriously, six max. Seven at the outside. Possibly eight, but I really don't think so. Nine tops.

Carol
05-03-2012, 06:51 PM
That is SO not true!!! I think it happened maybe twice ... three times at the most! Maybe four. Could be five, but I doubt it. Seriously, six max. Seven at the outside. Possibly eight, but I really don't think so. Nine tops.

Yep - we'll go with that. :rolleyes:

brad192
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe John could leave in the "Ian Curses" but overdub them with a unique sound, like maybe a duck quack, or a horn toot. That way we'd all know exactly how many transgressions Ian makes per episode. ;) It'd be hilarious as well! :D

Anxiously awaiting Episode 33! :thumbsup:

Ian
05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Maybe John could leave in the "Ian Curses" but overdub them with a unique sound, like maybe a duck quack, or a horn toot. That way we'd all know exactly how many transgressions Ian makes per episode. ;) It'd be hilarious as well! :D

Anxiously awaiting Episode 33! :thumbsup:How about a Goofy-style, "GAWRSH!!!!"

dpamac
05-14-2012, 04:56 PM
With The Avengers grossing $1 billion internationally at the box office already I'd say that maybe the Avengerail wasn't so horrible. After all they are not only the owner of Marvel now but also the film's distributor. So they are getting a tidy profit of a film that was produced by a different studio.

My point being: Disney actually did something that made money that didn't involve tween girls or Pixar.

Fangorn
05-14-2012, 09:16 PM
So they are getting a tidy profit of a film that was produced by a different studio.

My point being: Disney actually did something that made money that didn't involve tween girls or Pixar.

Kinda sorta. Yes, they aren't out the expense of actually producing the film, but there's still that nagging $4 Billion expense of purchasing Marvel...

Still, no 'tween girls is a very, very good thing. :thumbsup:

Steve

dpamac
05-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Kinda sorta. Yes, they aren't out the expense of actually producing the film, but there's still that nagging $4 Billion expense of purchasing Marvel...

Still, no 'tween girls is a very, very good thing. :thumbsup:

Steve

Don't forget merchandising profits (Hasbro paid 1/4 billion for that a few years ago), licencing profits (from Uni), all the shows on Disney XD, plus DVD sales of those shows, video games, then Cable, DVD and VOD for the Avengers alone...

I hated it when Disney bought Marvel. It seemed like the cross of two things I loved, but in a bad way. However, right now I think Marvel's earnings potential makes a huge difference for Disney. Maybe it'll offset some of their losses from John Carter.

Fangorn
05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't forget merchandising profits (Hasbro paid 1/4 billion for that a few years ago), licencing profits (from Uni), all the shows on Disney XD, plus DVD sales of those shows, video games, then Cable, DVD and VOD for the Avengers alone...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the $4B is a good investment overall for TDC. I was just trying to say that movies alone aren't going to offset the investment any time soon - although Avengers won't hurt. As you rightly note, it's the licensing aspect of the Marvel deal that will make the most money for TDC.

Steve