PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining rooms? Or options for larger families?

kg00616
04-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been researching our next DW trip, which will be in early December, and have found that going with a group of 6 is very limiting in terms of hotels. We want to stay onsite, but have found that the rooms to accommodate our 6 people, you have to spend a lot of $$! We stayed at the Contemporary last time we were there but there was only 5 of us at the time so we had more options. I looked at booking there this time and the room would be around $800/night?! I don't want to stay in a value resort but wouldn't mind a moderate or deluxe. Does DW let you book 2 rooms next to each other? We'll have 3 adults (and 3 kids) so we could have adults in each room and it would be cheaper than getting one of the huge rooms or suites.

KarenP
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, you can book 2 rooms at a moderate or deluxe resort and request connecting or adjoining rooms.

The Fort Wilderness Cabins are another option for 6.

disneykidsince1970
04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
We've stayed at the cabins with 6 and it was very cosy but fun. only 1 bathroom.

Other ideas...

I recall the the value resorts now offer a "family suite" of some kind which is 2 connecting rooms....never did it myself but I recall hearing abt it here on inter cot.

Treehouse villas another option...don't remember cost.

Renting dvc points for a 1 bedroom suite somewhere- think old key west and Saratoga springs are least expensive.

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Renting dvc points for a 1 bedroom suite somewhere- think old key west and Saratoga springs are least expensive.

The DVC one bedrooms still won't sleep 6. They are actually only equipped to sleep 4. I've heard that they will allow (or allowed in the past) 5, but won't provide extra sleeping space. To sleep 6 you would need a two bedroom DVC room.

Imalismom
04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
The WL also has deluxe rooms, which will sleep 6, and give you access to the club level lounge -- if you have an annual pass, these rooms are usually offered at 35% off when the annual pass fates are first announced.

homeschool mom
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
We are a growing family of 7 - Mom and Dad, 3 DDs, and 2 DSs - so we always require accomodations that most other families don't even think about. On our first trip in 2000, we only had 4 small children and we stayed at a FW Cabin. It was fun and very roomy for a family with small children. For our next trip we had 5 small children so we moved onto the All Stars with 2 rooms. Since then, we have stayed at the Values and CBR. At both places, we have always gotten connecting rooms. It's great to have 2 bathrooms for all of us and the convenience to just walk through the connecting door.

BrerGnat
05-01-2012, 08:09 AM
You actually have lots of options. Splitting up into two rooms will be the most cost effective. I would recommend 2 adjoining rooms at WL (if you want Deluxe) or 2 adjoining rooms at any of the moderates.

With 3 adults, the family suites probably aren't an ideal solution, as they only have one real bed and the rest are pull out/convertible types, and there is only one bathroom.

Early December is a good time to go, price wise, so you should have plenty of options that are in your price range. There are often discounts offered for that time period.

ChipNDale79
05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I think POR has family suites, does anyone know if that's true or not?

March Hare
05-01-2012, 08:31 AM
With 3 adults, the family suites probably aren't an ideal solution, as they only have one real bed and the rest are pull out/convertible types, and there is only one bathroom.

Early December is a good time to go, price wise, so you should have plenty of options that are in your price range. There are often discounts offered for that time period.

I have stayed at the family suites and there are two bathrooms but that is beside the point they said they didn't want to stay at a value

I would agree with getting connecting rooms at a mod or doing the deluxe room at WL (580-600 per night) or even a two bedroom at a villa (the tree-houses are three bedrooms for the price of two)(595 per night)

disneynarula
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I also don't think the Art of Animation is going to be your typical value resort.

You can get adjoining rooms at almost all the resorts across property.

Bass T-bone
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
All Star Vacation Home?

BrerGnat
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I have stayed at the family suites and there are two bathrooms but that is beside the point they said they didn't want to stay at a value

I thought I read that the new suites would only have one bathroom. My mistake! I always hear people say that is why it's better to book two value rooms, because then you have two bathrooms. I got confused. :confused:

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I thought I read that the new suites would only have one bathroom. My mistake! I always hear people say that is why it's better to book two value rooms, because then you have two bathrooms. I got confused. :confused:

Natalie, that's what I thought too. I thought the family suites at Music had two bathrooms because they were converted from regular rooms, bathrooms already existing. However, I was under the impression that the new family suites at AoA would only have one bathroom. I may have to do some digging to find out. We probably won't ever stay there, but now I'm curious.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
All the information I can find says the AoA Suites have kitchenettes, 2 bathrooms and sleep 6. Similar to the AllStar Family Suites only they were built as suites and not just 2 rooms converted.

AJ Springfield
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Personally, I would opt for two adjoining moderate priced rooms (CB, POR, etc.).

brownie
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Remember that adjoining means that rooms are just next to each other and connecting means that there's a door inside the rooms connecting them.

diz_girl
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I think POR has family suites, does anyone know if that's true or not?

POR does not have family suites. POR has Alligator Bayou, which has a trundle bed and can sleep 5, which is the only Value or Mod that has a standard-size room that sleeps 5.

ASMu (I think it's that one) has family suites, but I think that they are reputed to fill up fast.

I'd also vote for the FW cabins. While not less expensive than two Value rooms, it's less expensive than two Mod rooms, and is under $300 per night in early December. Plus, you have a full kitchen, a BBQ grille and picnic table, so it's easy to eat breakfast in your room (or outside) and make lunches to bring to the parks. Also, you don't have neighbors on top of you, below you, or on either side of you, so no accompanying noise. There are fun things for the kids, like the paddleboats, the petting zoo, and the campfire and movie. You're just a relaxing boat ride from the CR (and the monorail) and the MK. An extra bonus at Christmastime is that many campers decorate their campsites.

dizneydeb22
05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
You actually have lots of options. Splitting up into two rooms will be the most cost effective. I would recommend 2 adjoining rooms at WL (if you want Deluxe) or 2 adjoining rooms at any of the moderates.

Actually the family suites have 2 full bathrooms I love the edit button. Just saw that someone else said the same thing...sorry!