PDA

View Full Version : Can I do "take out" at a TS??

AJ Springfield
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I am looking at the various Table Service menus and would love to try a dish or two at various restaurants. The problem is that I don't want to get ADRs when I just want one dish. We are staying at the Poly and I would like to order a dish off the Kona Cafe dinner menu. Can I order it, pick it up and eat it in my room??

Disney4
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
No dice - I wanted to get some soup to go. I tried twice and got turned away both times.

BrerGnat
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Disney restaurants are not set up to do Take Out orders.

What's the issue with having an ADR? When I go to a restaurant, I only try "one dish". I mean, that's kinda the point of eating out, no?

I highly recommend Kona Cafe, by the way. It's delicious! I've even eaten there solo. Definitely worth an ADR.

SBETigg
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
If you didn't want to bother with ADRs, you could try your luck walking up. Also, with Kona, as a party of one, I think maybe you could try the sushi bar and they might be able to serve you something off the regular Kona menu there. Just an idea.

Jared
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
If you didn't want to bother with ADRs, you could try your luck walking up. Also, with Kona, as a party of one, I think maybe you could try the sushi bar and they might be able to serve you something off the regular Kona menu there. Just an idea.
I'm 99 percent sure that the full Kona Cafe menu is available at the sushi bar.

awaggett
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, full Kona menu is available at the sushi bar--we ended up here for Thanksgiving dinner one year--probably one of my favorite Thanksgiving dinners ever! Kona is great, definitely don't let an ADR discourage you from trying it!

AJ Springfield
04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a lunchtime ADR for our whole family...but I want to try something on the dinner menu. My husband and kids are fine with the CS at the Poly so I was thinking it would be nice to buy off both menus and eat in our room (or at the tables outside Captain Cooks). I can see that they would not be equipped to do take out (they would need containers). Thanks for the responses.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
04-25-2012, 03:04 PM
For what it is worth, my wife and I were eating at Flying Fish a number of years ago. After we had already been seated and ordered, but before any food had arrived, my wife started feeling ill and needed to get out of the restaurant. So we asked for the dinner we had already ordered to be given to us to go, and the restaurant unequivocally obliged. My wife went and sat outside on a bench while I accepted our dinner from our server in to go containers. My wife felt much better in the fresh air, and we enjoyed our potato-crusted snapper together on a bench on the Boardwalk, under the night sky, in the fresh air.

Perhaps this was a one-off experience, but I mention it for what it is worth.

Vickie46
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge before and I got an order to go from Wispering Canyon.. it was just Nachos.. but it worked!