PDA

View Full Version : CBR and YC dining question

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
We'll be at CBR and YC in July/Aug. The plan is to go without lots of ADRs. I actually only have Ohana's dinner booked and Chef Mickey's breakfast booked. We want to wing it the rest of the time. We would however like to eat at the two resorts we are staying at sometime during our trip.

We'd like to try Shutter's at CBR one night, just apps and dessert. I think since this is not a popular resort for visitors it shouldn't be a problem to walk up, or call earlier in the day for a dinner ADR.

What about Captain's Grill at YC? Would it be OK to call the day of or try to walk up? I don't hear much about it, so I'm guessing it's not that popular of a place. I definitely don't want to be tied down to ADRs on this trip. I guess worse case is they can't seat us and we just grab CS and head for the pool!

If anyone's had experience walking up at these two locations I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

MizMissy
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I doubt you will have trouble walking up or reservations the day of at Captain's Grille. We dined there on our last trip because I wanted to try something in boardwalk area. We actually arrived an hour early for dinner because we wanted to have time to see illuminations. They had no problem seating is early, the place was by no means packed. Actually, it was nice to enjoy a quiet dinner (especially when we exited towards EPCOT and passed the zoo that was Cape May). I remember the food was pretty good too. I had crabcakes and DH had the crab legs.

If I was not traveling with DH, the kids and I would do like you and wing it food-wise.