PDA

View Full Version : We're baaack from OKW!

MickeyMousse
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Loved OKW! The 2 bedroom villa was beyond spacious and they listened to our request of somewhere quiet...we were in building 39, 3rd floor. An easy walk to the bus stop, quiet pool and no so bad a walk to the Hospitality House. (good exercise since we skipped the parks this trip!)
One thing happened that my entire family all commented on was an "accident" a child had in the main pool. We were "evacuated" when it was reported and they closed the pool for "retrieval, cleaning, recirculation of water". It was closed for a good 45 minutes before we left, and we were later told that the pool did not reopen for a total of 90 minutes. I felt that they did a thorough job of dealing with the incident however we all commented on how this was the first time, in all the years we've stayed in WDW resorts, that something like this happened! Guess there's a first for everything....:sick:
Other than that, it was a great vacay. :thumbsup: Now back to reality. :drama:

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Glad you had a great vacation! We leave for Old Key West on August 11! Can't wait...

vizsla
04-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time. OKW is our favorite resort and looking forward to our next trip.

epceddie
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice stay at OKW. We're DVC members at the resort and we enjoy the peace and quiet. We can't wait to return in December.

tinkman
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
We were there in October of 2011 and the same thing happened in the main pool. They didn't empty the pool though. We were on the Magic in April and they had to shut down the Mickey Pool for a floating baby ruth. DW gets mad everytime we see a pic of the Mickey pool and I call it the Pee Pool. Now she gets it.

MinnieMommie
05-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Glad you have a nice time. I think the DVCs lend themselves well as a vacation separate from the parks. I'd like to try that sometime. :mickey:

twinboyz
06-29-2012, 10:37 AM
We stayed in a 1BR in 2011. Great resort! Quiet, friendly, and great pool. Very spacious rooms. We would definitely stay again. As for the 'accident', well, that happened on our last visit to AKL-Kidani. The pool was closed for about an hour or so. This time a duck was the culprit! :funny:

faline
06-29-2012, 10:48 AM
We stayed in Old Key West last December in a 2 bedroom villa and thoroughly enjoyed it! Glad you had a good time there as well!

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I love OKW! Glad you had a great time.

Our only "Hershey Bar" incident has been at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim. The Peter Pan pool was closed for quite some time. :ack:

Pirate Granny
07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
We just returned from 7 days at OWK in Bldg 13, although we wanted Pennisula road, this was perfect...third floor...quiet...except the day they replaced the wooden siding, and didn't tell us...nap time was schetches that day. Debby's didn't bother us too much.

Mackflava99
07-17-2012, 10:07 AM
We are going to OKW in Dec- It will be our first visit there.

We had a "Baby Ruth" incident at BLT last year pool was closed for 2 hours.

It was pretty hilarious.

Gator
07-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I've considered OKW when renting points in the past, but we usually go for AKL instead. Maybe I'll have to re-look at OKW for the next time we buy the points.