PDA

View Full Version : Waitlisting

MarkC
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Just a quick comment here for those of you who are curious about waitlisting. We just found out are waitlist came through-- I think we are now 3 for 3. We had two nights at a BCV studio in early August and were at Boardwalk for the next two. We just found out we are staying at BCV all 4 nights. I was a little surprised as we didn't book this until early March for summer travel. I don't think we'd have this success in peak times but all our success has been in summer. I thought I'd pass this information along to anyone who was curious about trying it.

MinnieMommie
04-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Congratulations! It's always good to hear waitlist success stories. :mickey:

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 10:21 AM
We had to waitlist recently. I forgot to ask how we find out if it comes through. How do they notify you?

Thanks

MarkC
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
They simply sent us an email, and when I looked at the details it showed the changes made. No other contact at all. I had to call to add my wife to the room, and asked them to verify it, which they did. Easy process.

Good luck to you on yours.

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks so much! Have fun on your vacation!

GAN
04-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Not sure if were lucky(but we usually visit in moderate times of the year), but we have never been wait-listed. We've always gotten the resort we wanted -maybe not always the view. Just booked our 5th trip and most of the others have been at the 7-mos window, not 11.

brad817
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I hope we have the same waitlist success. We attempted to book EXACTLY 7 months out for Bay Lake Tower and they had nothing. Virtually the same at our second choice, Wilderness Lodge. Now we're screwed and don't know what to do. What are the chances of the waitlist reservations coming through? Is there a limit to how many you can book? Is there any cost or penalty?

GAN
05-09-2012, 05:11 AM
I believe you can have up to two waitlists at one time -they would expire 31 days prior to dates. The chances of success would depend on when you plan to travel -sounds like you chose a busy time of year. All the resorts are nice, I wouldn't say you're screwed -can you get your home resort?

Aurora
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope we have the same waitlist success. We attempted to book EXACTLY 7 months out for Bay Lake Tower and they had nothing. Virtually the same at our second choice, Wilderness Lodge. Now we're screwed and don't know what to do. What are the chances of the waitlist reservations coming through? Is there a limit to how many you can book? Is there any cost or penalty?

Your chances for a waitlist coming through depend on when you are traveling and whether other people cancel. When are your trip dates? FYI, Wilderness Lodge is one of the most difficult resorts to get after 7 months because it has the fewest number of DVC rooms at Disney World.

You can have two waitlists at one time; if one of the waitlists comes through, the other is automatically cancelled.

You can choose to have your waitlist extended to 7 days before your trip, but if you cancel a reservation 30 days or less before the trip and you need fewer points on your waitlist than your original reservation, those points go into holding, which means you must use them before the end of your use year.

Even if your waitlist doesn't come through by the 7-day mark, you can call as often as you like that week to see if you can still get your desired room.

I have had success in all variations. I've even gotten the room I wanted a day before our trip. Keep trying!

brad817
05-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Your chances for a waitlist coming through depend on when you are traveling and whether other people cancel. When are your trip dates? FYI, Wilderness Lodge is one of the most difficult resorts to get after 7 months because it has the fewest number of DVC rooms at Disney World.

You can have two waitlists at one time; if one of the waitlists comes through, the other is automatically cancelled.

You can choose to have your waitlist extended to 7 days before your trip, but if you cancel a reservation 30 days or less before the trip and you need fewer points on your waitlist than your original reservation, those points go into holding, which means you must use them before the end of your use year.

Even if your waitlist doesn't come through by the 7-day mark, you can call as often as you like that week to see if you can still get your desired room.

I have had success in all variations. I've even gotten the room I wanted a day before our trip. Keep trying!

We're going in early December. We got a one-bedroom at Boardwalk but are hoping that Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge will come through.

Aurora
05-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't give up, but if you don't get it, the Boardwalk's holiday decorations are absolutely beautiful in December. Also you'll be so close to the International Gateway at Epcot and can really take advantage of the Holidays Around the World in the park's World Showcase. There are special concerts, storytellers and a festive finale for Illuminations, and when it's all over, you can walk back to your room!

Good luck!