PDA

View Full Version : Finally decided on our resort(s)!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-22-2012, 05:32 PM
As some of you know I was having trouble deciding on which resort to stay at for an upcoming summer trip to WDW with my mom and kids. We changed our minds again and again over the past few days, but I'm happy to say we are thrilled with our final choice!!!!

As of about 30 minutes ago I have two new resorts booked. We cancelled the Royal Guest Room at Riverside and are now booked for 3 nights at CBR and 3 nights at Yacht Club. By doing a split stay we were able to do a deluxe for not much more and now get to experience a new resort (YC), and two of our favorite pools on property. We've stayed at BC before and loved the pool, but didn't get to use it as much as we wanted since it was a chilly November trip. I am looking forward to spending more time there on this trip. I'm thinking at least half days for the days we are there.

Now I just gotta wait for the time to tick by until we leave!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a great resort plan.

I have always wanted to try the YC .. we'll get there one of these trips!

Kairi_7378
04-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Sounds great! Glad you were able to come up with a plan that was going to work for your family.

GAN
04-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Sounds like the makings of a great trip!

Mousemates
04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
sounds like a great trip.

BrerGnat
04-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Excellent! I love the Beach Club, mostly for that amazing pool, and it will be fun for you guys to try "the other side". Your boys are going to have a blast at both those resort pools! I hope you guys have lots of great, sunny, HOT weather. :mickey:

AgentC
04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
We love Yacht Club. Great choice.

AmandaChan
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
when are you going again? and i guess it does make sense if you are going to split resorts to do the moderate first, the nicer one second. something to look forward to! i was really hoping ot stay at poly our next visit but i just don't know if i will ever be able to afford a trip there for the amount of time we want to go (i would like to go 8 days) .... so maybe the last 4 days we'll do poly, the first 4 a value or something. not that we plan on going for a couple years anyways....

darthmacho
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
That does sound like a really good plan, and includes two wonderful resorts. I hope you have a wonderful time. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
when are you going again? and i guess it does make sense if you are going to split resorts to do the moderate first, the nicer one second. something to look forward to! i was really hoping ot stay at poly our next visit but i just don't know if i will ever be able to afford a trip there for the amount of time we want to go (i would like to go 8 days) .... so maybe the last 4 days we'll do poly, the first 4 a value or something. not that we plan on going for a couple years anyways....

We are going in July/Aug.

We've done this with the Poly before. We didn't do a value, but we did BCV first for 7 nights. We rented a DVC members points to keep the cost down on that part of the trip, then we surprised the kids with 3 nights at the Poly. This was for a Thanksgiving trip and my husband was being deployed to Iraq in Jan. so we wanted it to be a special trip. After spending a significant amount of time in WDW before the switch we were able to slow down and enjoy our time at the Poly. It worked out perfectly. Now I do admit the 3 nights didn't seem like enough for us, and we too are hoping to go back one day for the whole week.

If you don't want to spend that much on the resort, doing a split stay definitely helps keep the cost down. The switch should be painless! We always take at least one day off (sometimes more than just a day) from the parks. We are going to do the move on one of our days off, so we won't feel like we are missing out on park time in order to move. I have Chef Mickey's booked for a late breakfast, we'll check in at YC around lunchtime, and hang out at the pool. We won't have any plans that night so it won't matter if we can't get into our room right away.

If it's your only way to get to the Poly then I'd say go for it!!

AJ Springfield
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
I love the idea of trying new resorts!! We tend to stick to what we know (POR and Poly), but I think trying a new resort would be very exciting!! Enjoy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Cool, good plan:mickey: