PDA

View Full Version : New rule....

Sunshine1010
04-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I know that the Dining Plan has a new rule: The one where if you don't cancel an ADR, and you are a no-show, they charge you 10.00 (am I correct).

My question: HOW do they charge the 10.00? I ask because we are guests of a friend and we will be staying w/her at a DVC resort. The room reservation is under her name...not mine.

She asked me to make a dinner reservation for all of us online. I did. It didn't ask for a room reservation number, my credit card...or anything like that.

Fangorn
04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
The $10 charge per person for no-shows only applies to certain restaurants. Specifically, the Signature restaurants and a few of the more popular other ones such as 'Ohana and LeCellier (lunch). When making your ADRs for any of those places you will be asked for credit card information.

Steve

BrerGnat
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
If you were not asked to enter a credit card number at the time you made the ADR, then that restaurant does NOT have the $10 penalty for no show. As mentioned, it is only a small handful of select ultra popular locations.

However, to answer your question, if you HAD entered a credit card number, and then you no show, the credit card will automatically be charged after a set time has elapsed and they know you are not coming (probably something like 1-2 hours past the ADR time).