PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Mickey at Chef Mickey's

wdwnutz
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Maybe Mickey Mouse was having an off day, but he was quite grumpy when we had dinner at Chef Mickey's a few weeks ago. The characters had been around twice during our dinner except for Mickey, he seemed to miss our table both times...so as he passed by the
2nd time we told our waitress and she brought him back to our table. My DS5 gave Mickey his autograph book, which was open to a blank page, but I guess Mickey didn't like that page. He paged through the book, and found where my son had another autograph that was from "Mickey" in MK. So Mickey points to it and throws the book on the table and starts to walk away!!! The waitress steered him back to our table so that we could get pictures but he was in such a hurry to leave that the pictures were not very good, needless to say that I had a very dissapointed 5 year old! In all reality, did it really matter how many times "Mickey" or any other character signed the autograph book? We didn't complain to anyone because we were there almost 2 hours and really just wanted to get back to MK. Just wanted to vent...we have never had an experience with any character acting this way during our many trips to WDW.

cer
04-16-2012, 06:48 PM
That's wrong. Boooo, Mickey! :(

MrPeetrie
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
That sounds so un-Disneylike!

SBETigg
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Wow, that is a shame. Sorry that happened to you.

Kenny1113
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
:(

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry, that is just rotten!

Pirate Granny
04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I actually would send a note to the restaurant manager with the date and time of your meal.

faberj
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
My DS 2 loves Mickey and I would be very upset if that happened to us! Now I am rethinking making adrs there for our upcoming trip.

disneymomma2010
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I actually would send a note to the restaurant manager with the date and time of your meal.

:ditto: That was something you will never forget and he should not have acted that way, and, how many other families did he treat that way, you know? He is the main event! Yes he could have had a bad day but If he gets regular complaints than he definatly needs to be replaced.

mom2morgan
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Sounds like he was suffering from PMS - Persnickety Mouse Syndrome!!! That is NOT an actor that should ever be allowed to play the "leading man" again...I think he belongs in the kitchen peeling potatoes :down:

CuteAsMinnie
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
:(

Kairi_7378
04-17-2012, 01:02 AM

Me too!

Daisy'sMom
04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
I think a letter to the head of the resorts is in order. That is terrible and the CM should be unemployed for that behavior.:mickey:

DVC2004
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Unacceptable on so many levels. I agree about sending a letter about the incident.

TheDuckRocks
04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
We had a simular experience at 1900 Park Fare. Cinderella was whiny and Prince Charming wasn't, charming that is. the only thing that saved the day was the step mother and sisters. They were a riot.

Tinkerbella16
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
That is just terrible.. I would have been livid if that were my family and child wanting an autograph. Mickey is the main reason most people like to go to Chef Mickeys since hes not at many of the resort restaurants. Shame on him! I would send a complain about this.

TheVBs
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
That is awful. :( Definitely write a letter or call to let someone know it happened.

sweetsavannah
04-17-2012, 07:01 PM
It's so strange that you posted this, I was just telling someone today that on our first trip to Disney we did Chef Mickey's and Mickey skipped our table!! My daughter was so mad that she now refers to MM as "Skipper" and avoids any character meals he's at lol. It's more of a joke between us now :) if she had been truly upset (she was just miffed) I would have said something. Not cool at all about the autograph book!!:mad:

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
On one side of the coin, the person in the suit is likely a just above minimum wage kid. Who knows what kind of real life issues they were dealing with.

On the other (which is where I am leaning along with everyone else), this person is wearing the symbol of the entire corp. You are not allowed to have a bad day. PERIOD. If something is up, they should give a hand signal to their handler and get them out of there and get someone else in the suit. If it was Donald, you could almost get away with it because his character is a hot head. If it was a villian, you could use the same logic, the actor was simply in character. sort of. To have Mickey be like that is unacceptable and I would deffinately talking to someone right then. The old Soldier that I am would be having a one sided conversation with guest relations. :drill: I dont know if i would go as far as request that actor be let go from the corp but they would sure know how upset I was.

Bad form Mickey. Bad form indeed.

DonaldDuckUSA
04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Aw! I'm sorry for you family. That's not cool, Mickey Mouse!

I agree with everyone else that you should still be in touch with Disney about mean Mickey. You could probably even call.

kangan2roos2
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Wow that really stinks! We are going the end of May for my DD's first time I certainly hope Mickey is in a better mood then!

mom2morgan
04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow that really stinks! We are going the end of May for my DD's first time I certainly hope Mickey is in a better mood then!

Keep in mind that it is really unlikely to be the same actor.

BhamWriter
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't worry about it. Everyone knows Donald Duck is the REAL star.

Aurora
04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
On the other (which is where I am leaning along with everyone else), this person is wearing the symbol of the entire corp. You are not allowed to have a bad day. PERIOD.

:ditto: That's it in a nutshell. I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.

Can you imagine explaining some of our rationalizations to a 5-year-old? "Oh sorry, honey. You know, that's really just a person in a Mickey costume and he must be having a bad day. After all, they don't make that much money here." :ack:

DVC2004
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
:ditto: That's it in a nutshell. I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.

Can you imagine explaining some of our rationalizations to a 5-year-old? "Oh sorry, honey. You know, that's really just a person in a Mickey costume and he must be having a bad day. After all, they don't make that much money here." :ack:

Sooooo true! Every castmember is trained from day one, no matter what your role, when you are around guests you are on stage. You have to leave it at home.

A character most especially. Maybe I can overlook a cashier who is not very friendly, but a character? This IS the magic people travel from all over the world for. Unacceptable!

readytogo2
04-19-2012, 06:03 PM

thank you finally someone agrees with me

Lacy
04-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I too would send a letter. It is important for them to hear about incidents like this so they can address the situation so others don't have the same experience.

Hopefully, your DS had many other great memories and won't dwell on this one!

waymickey
04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Sounds like he was suffering from PMS - Persnickety Mouse Syndrome!!! That is NOT an actor that should ever be allowed to play the "leading man" again...I think he belongs in the kitchen peeling potatoes :down:

Ditto. Mickey should never act that way or should any other character. Write and Complain so he does not ruin the day of others.

DisneyOtaku
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Send a letter to the manager, either at Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary itself.

I know it can be really tough to keep going on a job if you are having an off day, but at the same time, you can't act like that--no matter where one works--and esp. when you are MICKEY MOUSE.

Ian
04-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.I completely agree. Why is it my problem that this person is only capable of earning minimum wage? If they can get more, then great ... go get it. If you can't, then guess what? This is your job, so deal with it and do it up to standards! :mad:

I would write to Bob Iger. Skip all the TDO baloney. They'll send you some stupid letter with a coupon in it or something. Tell Iger. Writing to Corporate always gets a response. Think of it like this ... you may be saving some other five year old from having his first encounter with Mickey be less-than-magical.

GBBT
04-21-2012, 09:08 PM

NO..NO..NO..Goofy is the REAL reason to go to Disney World!!!:goofy:

Arielfan98
04-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Growing up I never witnessed such an event at Disney, and I am very sorry for your foul experience. I am especially sorry for your son who has lost what could have been one of the many magical Disney memories.
I however, know for a fact if this did indeed happen to me, my father would be ballistic and would definitely complain to Disney. Email Disney about your experience because this is very rare for Disney and completely unacceptable.

TheDuckRocks
04-22-2012, 11:09 AM
NO..NO..NO..Goofy is the REAL reason to go to Disney World!!!:goofy:

No way! Donald even wrote in my granddaughters autograph book "# 1 STAR".:donald: And so totally true!!!

wdwnutz
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone! Does anyone know the email address or mailing address and name of who I can write to?

Joannelet
04-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Send complaints to
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Po box 10,040 Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830-0040

MinnieMommie
04-27-2012, 07:35 AM
This is really "out of character" for Mickey. I am so sorry your child had this unfortunate experience. All I can think of is that maybe the person paying Mickey was sick and was trying to get out fast. When our kids were young we used to eat at Chef Mickey all the time and really they were all so wonderful to us. I agree that you might like to follow up and talk with someone or write to someone about this. I would start by calling the CR and talk with a manager. They have always been so helpful to us and we stay there often. The number I have for CR is (407) 824-3964 in case you want to use it.

minnie04
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM

I agree.. I wouldnt expect anything, but I would like for them to know. You proabably were not the only ones he was mean too. They need to know these things. Poeple come from all over the world to spend time here at the parks. They spend a lot of money to make this happen for their families, you better believe I would say something. Im not a "make a show" kind of person or even a letter sending person, but they need to know how you were treated and the waitress could have backed you up. I know its past now, but write a letter or better yet call the manager. At least you can try to prevent it from happening again to another 5 year old...

Daddy Mouse
04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Why didn’t you discreetly talk to a manager about it shortly after it happened?

It should never happen. I have never experienced a character out of role and have had very good experiences especially with my own children.