PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Princess'Mom
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
It's been quite awhile for us to dine at WCC. I don't really remember if the food was good or not. What would you recommend? Is there something we should not order?

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
We usually order the all you care to eat skillet, and everyone in our party has enjoyed it. I have also ordered the meatloaf and the chicken pasta, which were both good. One year we dined there on Ash Wednesday. Since we are Catholics we could not eat meat on that day. We had a large party and mostly ordered the fish entree, and the chicken pasta without the chicken and everything was great. We've never had a bad meal there.

joonyer
04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
If you are a big eater, then I would recommend the Canyon Skillet meal which includes the following: Mixed greens, fresh baked corn bread, ribs, pulled pork, roasted chicken, sausage, mashed potatoes, beans, Cole slaw & corn on the cob. (all you can eat).

If that seems too much for you, then the roasted chicken or meatloaf is also good. I never had the fish there.

At breakfast they also have a skillet meal with Scrambled Eggs, Red Bliss Potatoes with Sauteed Onions, Bacon, Sausage, Buttermilk Biscuits, Sausage Gravy, and Waffles. That's what I have had most often at WCC. Yum.

Ms. Mode
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
The Skillet is wonderful, and it's "family style" all you can eat!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Another vote for the skillet. We've had the dinner one a number of times, always good.

The breakfast one was good too - just regular breakfast items, but everything was hot and tasted yummy.

Tinkerbella16
04-16-2012, 03:13 PM
We ate at WC my last trip and it was our favorite meal of the entire trip! I had the Canyon Skillet... it was awesome! I forget what my Mom had, but my uncle had the fish, I think it was tilapia and he loved it! The corn bread is great too! :mickey:

Disney Doll
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
We ate there twice on our last trip and loved it both times. The first time was for lunch and we both had pulled pork sandwiches. The next time was for dinner and we got the skillet meal. Both were great!

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Never been a big fan of the skillet dinners (it's a lot of food), but the regular is great. Last time I ate there at lunch I had the cheddar cheese soup and the turkey sandwich and both were delicious!

jbernardis
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't forget to ask for ketchup :mickey:

MrPeetrie
04-16-2012, 07:04 PM
We normally order the all-you-can-eat skillet. But on last trip, we ordered meal off menu. It was delicious!

"Why didn't we do this every time???"

Not sure why we never did before, but our meal was great!

CuteAsMinnie
04-16-2012, 11:02 PM
The skillet and the skillet breakfast are both really good. DH says it is the best WDW breakfast if he is in the bacon and eggs mood!

:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Another vote for the skillet! :thumbsup:
Though the service/server left much to be desired :confused:

Maybe we will try it again one of these days.

DVC2004
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
The skillet is by far the best item on the menu.
Last time we were there I wasn't that hungry and ordered a pasta dish. It wasn't very good. Stick with the skillet and you won't be disappointed.

#1donaldfan
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
I love the breakfast skillet !!! It's sooo much food, you'll need lots of water to wash it all down, make sure you tell the waitstaff you need more water.....:mickey:

CosmicRay
04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
WCC is a tradition we LOVE it! As everyone has said, the skillet is awesome! My friend ordered a steak last time and she said it was very good too.

mydisneygirls
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I always get the skillet and love it. This past trip, my younger DD wanted the steak. It was cooked to perfection, tender and delicious...my daughter stated, "This is the best steak I ever had."

JanetMegan
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Just wanted to chime in that the service we had there was some of the best of our last trip. We were tired and worn out and mentioned we would like a quiet table (which is hard in a place like that) and they sat us in a back room right in front of a super nice fireplace...a great meal and evening.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
The three of us ate there in December, oddly the only one of us who did not like their meal was my mom. She ordered the skillet and the BBQ was very dry and had little taste. My son and I ordered NY strips and they were seasoned well, cooked to order and served with some yummy stir fry veggies....Most people suggest the skillet but it didn't do it for us. Desserts are a little lacking in my opinion but everything else was nice. My son enjoyed the waiter bringing him a liter sized soda:D Hope this helps:D

ANG
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for asking. We'll be dining there for the first time this fall

Princess'Mom
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Thank you for all of your suggestions! I'm leaning towards ordering the steak. But, my trip is in 40 days, so who knows what sound good by then! :D

Davy Crockett
04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Another thumbs up for "The skillet" and the skillet breakfast! This upcoming trip in late May will be the first time that we did not set up ADR's for the Canyon.... We decided to op for a couple of new locations. Princess'Mom maybe we'll see you there in 40 days... CAN'T WAIT

eandrsmom
04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I've ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was really good, but the portion was HUGE! It could have fed two people.