PDA

View Full Version : 180-Day Countdown is soon: Dining???

Buttercup
04-15-2012, 10:14 PM
So my sister and I have noticed that we're down to 193 days until we arrive for ICOT-15 on Thursday October 25th.
And you know what that means!!! It's almost time to make our dining reservations for the trip! :thumbsup::chef:

So we were wondering: are there any plans for any group meet-up dinners yet? We didn't want our dining reservations to overlap any of the Intercot ones we might want to take part in.

Also, we were wondering what night the Intercot MNSSHP meet-up might be, because again, we don't want our personal dining plans to interfere with that!

For what it's worth, we're planning on having dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern on Friday October 26th, if anyone wants to join us! (Of course, that is unless there's something Intercot-related going on elsewhere!)
:cloud9:
:rocks:

Carol
04-16-2012, 06:29 AM
We should have a basic plan within the next few weeks. We don't usually do a meal - as it falls into making reservations via group dining and becomes hard to manage with getting counts, deposits and the such. However, we did take over the Land food court one trip but that was spontaneous.

The party dates have not been released yet - but we are assuming there will be one on Friday. It's best to keep that free. Dining at Liberty Tree is a great idea. We did that one year too - with everyone making their own reservations before the party began. :cool:

Buttercup
04-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Awesome - thanks for the info Carol! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
04-16-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm planning on 'Ohana for dinner one night on either Wednesday or Thursday the 24th or 25th if anyone would like to join me. Nothing like eating with your Intercot family at the restaurant that means family :mickey:

Imalismom
04-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm going to do Chef Mickeys either on Saturday or Sunday morning... not sure which yet.... Anyone else planning on doing breakfast there and if so - which day?

Ed
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm going to do Chef Mickeys either on Saturday or Sunday morning... not sure which yet.... Anyone else planning on doing breakfast there and if so - which day?

Sounds good. We're leaning more toward Sunday morning.

Imalismom
04-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Ed, did you guys pick a time yet for Chef Mickeys?

Jared
04-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm planning on 'Ohana for dinner one night on either Wednesday or Thursday the 24th or 25th if anyone would like to join me. Nothing like eating with your Intercot family at the restaurant that means family :mickey:
I may have to take you up on that offer of 'Ohana, Nikki.

Buttercup
04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
We're now officially booked in at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30 on Friday October 26th. :thumbsup: That means we'll be ready and waiting when the MNSSHP starts that evening at the Magic Kingdom!

Carol
04-30-2012, 08:27 PM
We're now officially booked in at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30 on Friday October 26th. :thumbsup: That means we'll be ready and waiting when the MNSSHP starts that evening at the Magic Kingdom!

Us too, at 5:30. :D

Melanie
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM

See you there! :flag:

Mousefever
04-30-2012, 10:35 PM

Hey Nikki,

I would be interested in going to 'Ohana if you end up going on Thursday!

Amy

John
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Just a note - we're planning on a pre-event event at Universal City Walk on thursday nite - details to follow in the next day or so :)

BriarRose0708
05-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Jared and I will be at 'Ohana Thursday at 8 p.m., it was the only time that would work. Amy, there's a seat for you if you want it!

I'm wondering how late the pre-event will go? We could probably meet you all out there if possible.

Jared
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Jared and I will be at 'Ohana Thursday at 8 p.m., it was the only time that would work. Amy, there's a seat for you if you want it!

I'm wondering how late the pre-event will go? We could probably meet you all out there if possible.
I'll be at 'Ohana. It'll be awesome. I probably won't be able to make it over to Universal, though, unless someone has a car. (Assuming I make it to Florida at all, which seems likely.)

Mousefever
05-02-2012, 03:17 AM
I would love to do dinner with you at 'Ohana! But I also want to find out about the pre-event event, especially since we should be hearing about it in the next few days. If I don't end up making it to 'Ohana on Thurs. night, I hope you'll consider sharing another meal with me!

Amy

Buttercup
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
WWWHHHAAAAATTTT?
You mean my sister and I will be dining in THE SAME ROOM as the incredibly famous Carol & Melanie!?!?! AT THE SAME TIME?!?!

Well aren't we all just a bunch of lucky gals! :D:D:D

Jared
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
WWWHHHAAAAATTTT?
You mean my sister and I will be dining in THE SAME ROOM as the incredibly famous Carol & Melanie!?!?! AT THE SAME TIME?!?!

Well aren't we all just a bunch of lucky gals! :D:D:D

I made a Liberty Tree reservation for four people at 5:15 that evening as well. I figure it may come in handy if a few people want to use it.

Jared
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
I actually made a new reservation, changing it to six people at 5:35. I figure we'll fill all the seats one way or another. Just wanted to let everyone know. If anybody wants to come along, let me know.

:)

AgentC
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I just made our reservations for the Liberty Tree at 5:25. My kids are very excited for the Halloween party.

Mousefever
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey Jared,

I talked to Kathy and we agree that we should do 'Ohana Thursday night. Can we fit under your reservation or should we make one of our own?

Amy

Jared
05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey Jared,

I talked to Kathy and we agree that we should do 'Ohana Thursday night. Can we fit under your reservation or should we make one of our own?

Amy
Hey Amy,

We'll all go together, for sure! Right now Nikki has an 8 p.m. reservation for four people. Maybe we should make one for six people instead? I think that would probably be best.

Jared
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
OK, I just made an 8 p.m. reservation for six people. That should put us in good shape to all go together.

They had a 6:50 as well. Would that be better? I think 8 is safer because I don't know when folks are arriving.

TikiGoddess
05-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I would rather do earlier than later. My flight gets in at 9:10am. I plan on spending the afternoon at AK but would love to do dinner with everyone after that. But getting up at 3:30am will catch up with me at some point, thus the earlier dinner request.

We could probably do Kona Cafe at any time... I know it's not Ohana but it would accommodate a big group.

But in the end, I'm good with whatever the group decides. :)

Kathy

Jared
05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I would rather do earlier than later. My flight gets in at 9:10am. I plan on spending the afternoon at AK but would love to do dinner with everyone after that. But getting up at 3:30am will catch up with me at some point, thus the earlier dinner request.

We could probably do Kona Cafe at any time... I know it's not Ohana but it would accommodate a big group.

But in the end, I'm good with whatever the group decides. :)

Kathy
It seems the earlier versus later time thing is split down the middle, with a slight edge asking for the later time. Right now, I have the 8 p.m. reservation booked. I don't even know if the earlier one is still available -- you know how tough it is to get in at 'Ohana.

I know Nikki really wants to go to 'Ohana -- she's never been -- and I don't blame her. I think it would be a great place with the large group.

Is there any way you can make it until 8 that night, Kathy? If it's a dealbreaker, I can definitely see if that earlier time is available still.

TikiGoddess
05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
If other people want to do the later time, book that (or keep it if you already have it) and we'll play it by ear.

Kathy

Jared
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
If other people want to do the later time, book that (or keep it if you already have it) and we'll play it by ear.

Kathy
Nope! After further review, the earlier time works better. How does 6:45 sound to everyone? That's what I have booked right now for a party of 10.

BriarRose0708
05-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok let me jump in here to clarify...

The only reason I booked at 8 p.m. is because on Tuesday when I made ADRs it was the only slot available. I am talking with Jared right now about getting an earlier time. One has opened up and we booked dinner at 6:45! But, I don't think we'll get that lucky again so this will be the last time we change the ADR time. Hope that's ok with everyone!

Now I get to dream about meat and bananas foster bread pudding for four months :cloud9:

I am REALLY excited that you all want to come!!!

Mousefever
05-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Thanks for being so flexible guys! Count me in for sure!

Amy