PDA

View Full Version : Epcot:Japan World showcase

Disneyfamilyof3
04-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Would anyone know if Disney is planning on selling various items from the world showcase countries from their online Disney store? I love checking out Japan's shop when I am there: particularly anything that is Harajuku style.:cool:

SBETigg
04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
The store in Japan is Mistukoshi Department Store, and I don't think Disney has anything to do with selling their items outside the park. You could try an online search for Mitsukoshi to see if they have a website for American retail.

SandmanGStefani24
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
don't think so, it mostly focuses on older cliches, like pokemon and older nintendo and sega character items and then older traditional themed items in the back. not sure they would go for that "harajuku girl" stuff as that phase has seemed to have come and gone in the US. I wouldn't mind seeing the pokemon stuff go away, personally.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Japan area big time, just think the store could use some reworking...

Wolf
06-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I love the pokemon plushies!! I've been a diehard since 10ish and always buy a new stufftie every trip I haven't ever found a Cubone tho...sadness! That was my favorite pavillion during our first trip cause I was in the throughs of my anime fan days, now we always wander through for nostalga :)

Main Street Jim
06-13-2012, 05:43 PM
From what I understand, Mitsukoshi is a fairly large department store *in* Japan (the actual country). The store in EPCOT is a "third-party" store and not run or owned by Disney at all.

Crow
06-15-2012, 01:21 PM
yea its not run by Dis from what i heard either. I think all of the countries could take a lesson from the service there though. They always seem nice, even in TD I have good service
it was changed around a lot this time, looked like more plush, less swords and classic toys. but a few diff types of sake etc:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-15-2012, 02:05 PM
From what I understand, Mitsukoshi is a fairly large department store *in* Japan (the actual country). The store in EPCOT is a "third-party" store and not run or owned by Disney at all.

Mitsukoshi, the department store in Japan, also runs Mitsukoshi, the store in Epcot's Japan, from what I have been told. Are you saying this is not the case? I would be surprised if they could use the name if it's not so.

Main Street Jim
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Mitsukoshi, the department store in Japan, also runs Mitsukoshi, the store in Epcot's Japan, from what I have been told. Are you saying this is not the case? I would be surprised if they could use the name if it's not so.No, no, no...LOL....not what I meant :) It *is* indeed run by Mitsukoshi *from* Japan; therefore, it's a "third-party" operating participant with Disney :-)

SBETigg
06-15-2012, 08:29 PM
No, no, no...LOL....not what I meant :) It *is* indeed run by Mitsukoshi *from* Japan; therefore, it's a "third-party" operating participant with Disney :-)

Aha, yes, so it is as I thought. I'm guessing they don't sell the same things at the actual Japan store, but who knows. I might be surprised. I do love the Mikimoto pearls, though. One day...

SandmanGStefani24
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
No, no, no...LOL....not what I meant :) It *is* indeed run by Mitsukoshi *from* Japan; therefore, it's a "third-party" operating participant with Disney :-)

WOW! Add that to something I didn't know about WDW. I love that I am always learning new stuff. I think this is an awesome idea. Also dig the ability to try sake in the back now. The girl who helped me was so savvy and showed me something she knew I would like, even though I don't usually care for sake.