PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions

Urbss
04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
My family always seems to breeze through Innoventions (both east and west). We've done the paper making thing and my son loves to do the "Test the Limits Lab". We've also done the tornado thing.

Anyway, we never seem to spend much time there and would like to hear from all of you if there are really great things we are missing that we should slow down and see.

My boys will be 8 and 14 months when we go next time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
We love Innoventions! The activities are fun, and they are great to do as a family.

My DD (she's now 13) has always loved the "Garbage Game" (I'm not sure what it is really called, but you get to sort and dispose of your family's trash) and the Piggy Bank game. But, we do every activity and have a blast. It usually isn't too busy, so there isn't much of a wait for anything and it is just good plain fun.

DisneyOtaku
04-15-2012, 06:35 PM
SUM OF ALL THRILLS!!! Design a roller coaster and then ride a simulation of it. It's a great experience!

Iluvtink
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
My favorite thing in Innoventions actually isn't there any more. I used to love the House of Tomorrow. :(

Melanie
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
SUM OF ALL THRILLS!!! Design a roller coaster and then ride a simulation of it. It's a great experience!

Yes, this! :yes:

lindique
04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
My favorite thing in Innoventions actually isn't there any more. I used to love the House of Tomorrow. :(
I think I read somewhere that this will be reopening soon. I hope so - I enjoyed it too!

BrerGnat
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Great Piggybank Adventure! My son loves this. He's seven.

Sum of All Thrills has a 48" height requirement...but its super fun!

Ian
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I think the recycling thing is gone, but my family loved that (where you run around with the little trash trucks).

Great Piggy Bank Adventure is cute, too.

natstroop
04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Not sure if it's still there, but my kids loved making their own video game with them in it. They also loved the Piggy Bank adventure. We also saw a mini comedy show/play (forget what it was called.) All three of my kids got to be in it.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-20-2012, 07:38 AM
He played against another man from Ireland and they had to diaper cabbage patch babies on a conveyer belt and then Velcro them to the aprons they were wearing. My kids did a Velcro shape stacking contest against some other kids. We never laughed so hard in our lives. Got the whole thing on video too. Sponsored be...Velcro!:mickey:

Mary Chase
04-22-2012, 04:17 PM
We LOVE The Great Piggy Bank adventure (kids are 9 and 5 - but we've been doing it since youngest was 3). We also really like the make your own video game - which is right around the corner from the piggy bank adventure. Also - a newly discovered favorite is the Sum of All Thrills (must be 48 inches to do - my oldest loves it)! For many years we didn't do much in Innoventions, but have recently discovered it and spent more and more time in there!

Pop Centurion
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
My wife & I love Sum of all Thrills & The Great Piggy Bank Adventure. Don't Waste It was a lot of fun too but it's gone now.

ransam
04-23-2012, 05:54 PM
i enjoyed it more as a kid.
and not sure if they still have it. not sure if they do but they use to have a place you could take a picture and then make a calender out of it.
anyone know if they still do that?

Tigerinvestigator
04-24-2012, 11:54 AM
We love innoventions. Try the Stormstruck show presented by the Weather Channel if it is still there. 3D show with some pretty cool effects as you design a house to withstand a hurricane.:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
04-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes, I think of Innovations as a Children's Museum with a Disney touch.

comicguy
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Check out:

Sum of all thrills
Disney Visa meet and greet (If you have a Disney Visa)
Video games for a chance to relax and cool down
Where's the Fire (Is that still there?)
The great piggy bank adventure (lots of fun for kids and adults)
Storm Struck
Plat a video game starring yourself (if that is still there)

Kenny1113
04-28-2012, 08:13 PM
When my kids were younger they loved the one that is like a house and teaches you the importance of setting up escape routes and meeting places. They make it fun and help the kids realize getting out fast is key! This was a good to watch DS "fail" as DH is a :fireman: :blush:
There was one time (I don't know if this was a regular thing or if it's even still there) DS Got to make paper out of paper. He got to do the whole process. He still has it! There were stamps of the different characters he could put on it.

tjstrike
04-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Sum of all thrills and there's also the one where you build a robot on a video screen and run it in a race against eight others, then in the end you move on and build a plastic robot.